EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #837
M3DrS
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef
I'm at the lounge right now. There's also a TB on Silverstone F80 taking delivery- looks awesome. Mine's on the left - kind of tough to see. I'll post another photo when I can.
Both are great. Mine was the TB. This was the first time I have seen SMB on an M3/M4 (other than the various photos). I would have been very tempted to go that direction had I actually seen one in person. Great color and combination. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #838
TheFlyingMouse
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / E82 128i 6MT

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
Its about 3 hours of driving each route except from geneva to paris it is 5 hours
We are doing a similar route in the same time, but we went for Innsbruck Austria instead of going through France. It's a little shorter, with one long haul run from Switzerland to Belgium. That run was to be 5 hours. We ended up on the road for 7 because of traffic and road works in southwestern Germany. (We did not cut through France since there was a sightseeing item near Mannheim.)

Other than that, I would recommend focusing your trip to no more than 3 hours of driving each day (max, with some days shorter). One long haul to transition to another major area is doable, but don't allocate anything else that day, besides getting dinner and night life type stuff near your hotel.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #839
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingMouse
Quote:
Its about 3 hours of driving each route except from geneva to paris it is 5 hours
We are doing a similar route in the same time, but we went for Innsbruck Austria instead of going through France. It's a little shorter, with one long haul run from Switzerland to Belgium. That run was to be 5 hours. We ended up on the road for 7 because of traffic and road works in southwestern Germany. (We did not cut through France since there was a sightseeing item near Mannheim.)

Other than that, I would recommend focusing your trip to no more than 3 hours of driving each day (max, with some days shorter). One long haul to transition to another major area is doable, but don't allocate anything else that day, besides getting dinner and night life type stuff near your hotel.
Yea maybe i will modify the route from Geneva to Paris, Im trying to avoid the trip to swiss alps area due to the weather/road condition during December
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #840
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Quote:
3 Hours each day isn't too bad. I think thats about what i'm looking at.

My trip is 14 days, my long hauls are from Heidelberg to Bruges about halfway through the trip, and from Nurburg back to Munich towards the end of the trip. Each of those is 5-ish hours?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #841
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium
Quote:

My trip is 14 days, my long hauls are from Heidelberg to Bruges about halfway through the trip, and from Nurburg back to Munich towards the end of the trip. Each of those is 5-ish hours?
Why dont you lodge in Stuttgart or Frankfurt between Nurburgring and Munich?
I didnt like the idea of going to Paris because ive heard that the parking is crazy there and people dont mind to tab your car to squeeze into the spot and so on
This was added by my gf's strong suggestion
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #842
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I didnt like the idea of going to Paris because ive heard that the parking is crazy there and people dont mind to tab your car to squeeze into the spot and so on
I pondered that, but while we're in the Nurburgring area we are staying in the town of Cochem and i'd rather maximize my time there and just wake up early for a longer drive when we need to return to Munich.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 10:41 PM   #843
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I pondered that, but while we're in the Nurburgring area we are staying in the town of Cochem and i'd rather maximize my time there and just wake up early for a longer drive when we need to return to Munich.
Nice! Are you doing the lap there in Nurburgring?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #844
TheFlyingMouse
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post
This should be fine. We've planned the same thing, stopping in Frankfurt for food and a stretch on the way back to Munich. Just have to make sure that you allot a whole day for any long hauls so that your overall plan is not at risk if something is out of whack that day.

I'll be at the ring on the night of 9/7 or 9/8 depending on how my 1200 mile service goes. Look for the SO/SO M3 with CFRP roof and 18" wheels. If anyone is around then, maybe we can chase the white utility vans together! (Hopefully it's not raining.)

(I don't think I will be that slow, but I also have no dillusions that I should even try to put in a super fast lap. First time on a track at all and I'm not familiar with this M3 like I am with my 128i. Lots of simulated time on the Ring at least to help reduce surprises.)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #845
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice! Are you doing the lap there in Nurburgring?

I'll be in the Nurburg area from 23-26 Sep. Spending the 23rd in Trier and the 24th-25th in Cochem. I've got an appointment for the 1200 mile service already scheduled at the dealership in Trier. Quoted 250 Euros. BMW NA should reimburse me for most or all of that.

Plan is to lap the Ring a few times on Friday the 25th, then possibly watch some of the DTM time trials at the grand prix circuit. Then wake up early saturday to be in Munich for a 1:30 pm drop off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingMouse View Post
This should be fine. We've planned the same thing, stopping in Frankfurt for food and a stretch on the way back to Munich. Just have to make sure that you allot a whole day for any long hauls so that your overall plan is not at risk if something is out of whack that day.

I'll be at the ring on the night of 9/7 or 9/8 depending on how my 1200 mile service goes. Look for the SO/SO M3 with CFRP roof and 18" wheels. If anyone is around then, maybe we can chase the white utility vans together! (Hopefully it's not raining.)
I'd be interested in hearing how your 1200 mile service goes. And what they charge you. The 250 I was quoted is much lower than a lot of people claim they were charged. Too bad i'll miss you at the Ring in my SO/SO M4
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #846
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Quote:

For reference i talked to a lot of people who have done multiple EDs and they all said 3 hrs a day max, and that their most enjoyable trips did not include a drive every day. My itinerary for October has me driving about 3 hrs every other day. It doesn't get you as far but allows you to enjoy hiking, spas, culture, nightlife, resorts, restaurants, etc that you could never enjoy if you are moving daily. My goal was 2 nights per hotel
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 12:07 AM   #847
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
For reference i talked to a lot of people who have done multiple EDs and they all said 3 hrs a day max, and that their most enjoyable trips did not include a drive every day. My itinerary for October has me driving about 3 hrs every other day. It doesn't get you as far but allows you to enjoy hiking, spas, culture, nightlife, resorts, restaurants, etc that you could never enjoy if you are moving daily. My goal was 2 nights per hotel
Yeah, i know i'm pushing it more than i normally would. The Wife insisted we do Bruges (she didn't really have to twist my arm), and thats adding a big westward arm to our trip. We're doing 2 nights in Munich, 1 near Salzburg, 1 near Fussen, 2 in Rothenburg, 1 in Heidelberg, 3 in Bruges, 1 in Trier, 2 in Cochem, then 2 in Munich. Most of our drives are right around 3 hours.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #848
TheFlyingMouse
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I'll be in the Nurburg area from 23-26 Sep. Spending the 23rd in Trier and the 24th-25th in Cochem. I've got an appointment for the 1200 mile service already scheduled at the dealership in Trier. Quoted 250 Euros. BMW NA should reimburse me for most or all of that.

Plan is to lap the Ring a few times on Friday the 25th, then possibly watch some of the DTM time trials at the grand prix circuit. Then wake up early saturday to be in Munich for a 1:30 pm drop off.

I'd be interested in hearing how your 1200 mile service goes. And what they charge you. The 250 I was quoted is much lower than a lot of people claim they were charged. Too bad i'll miss you at the Ring in my SO/SO M4
Too bad about the timing for us. I'll post up about the service, but I was guesstimated in the realm of 400-500 euros iirc. Scheduled to go in tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 12:23 AM   #849
TheFlyingMouse
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, i know i'm pushing it more than i normally would. The Wife insisted we do Bruges (she didn't really have to twist my arm), and thats adding a big westward arm to our trip. We're doing 2 nights in Munich, 1 near Salzburg, 1 near Fussen, 2 in Rothenburg, 1 in Heidelberg, 3 in Bruges, 1 in Trier, 2 in Cochem, then 2 in Munich. Most of our drives are right around 3 hours.
That's a lot of 1 nighters; I would highly recommend compressing your trip to get more time in the same hotels.

We just pulled a one nighter in Bastogne Belgium and dealing with the luggage was annoying. Worth it to visit though. We went to the Museum and visited the HQ area for the 101st. Very emotional experience if you understand some of the history. We burned a day between that and a 2 hour stop in Brussels. Pictures will follow in another thread later.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 12:33 AM   #850
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's a lot of 1 nighters; I would highly recommend compressing your trip to get more time in the same hotels.

We just pulled a one nighter in Bastogne Belgium and dealing with the luggage was annoying. Worth it to visit though. We went to the Museum and visited the HQ area for the 101st. Very emotional experience if you understand some of the history. We burned a day between that and a 2 hour stop in Brussels. Pictures will follow in another thread later.
I'll give our itinerary another once over. It has been on my mind to try and eliminate a stop or two. I could easily turn the one night in Trier into three nights in Cochem, and I could also change the one night in Salzburg into two in Fussen. That would leave me with only one...one nighter in Heidelberg (i've already paid for the flat there).

How was Bastogne? My plan was to stop there on the way from Bruges to Trier. I'm in the Air Force, and a moderate history buff, so WW2 history stops is on my agenda.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 12:46 AM   #851
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'll give our itinerary another once over. It has been on my mind to try and eliminate a stop or two. I could easily turn the one night in Trier into three nights in Cochem, and I could also change the one night in Salzburg into two in Fussen. That would leave me with only one...one nighter in Heidelberg (i've already paid for the flat there).

How was Bastogne? My plan was to stop there on the way from Bruges to Trier. I'm in the Air Force, and a moderate history buff, so WW2 history stops is on my agenda.
Im also so fascinated to discover WW2 sites as im very interested in History too Can you elaborate your intention of staying in Bastogne?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 01:01 AM   #852
TheFlyingMouse
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Bastogne was well worth visiting, and a very somber experience. The museum took about ~2.5 hours to get through (they do three local-life-experience video sessions that take ~10 minutes apiece), and I spent another hour between the monument and walking the grounds near the 101st E Company positions. Seeing the HQ buildings, some of the names of the good men who were lost, and walking through the woods where they were was very emotional for my wife and I. You could feel the depth of what happened there.

The HQ buildings were obvious on the road from the monument to Foy if you go out N/NE on some of the local country tarmac.

(And thank you for your service.)

EDIT: Added pics
Attached Images

Last edited by TheFlyingMouse; 09-06-2015 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 01:13 AM   #853
moveswiftly
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4, 135i

Garage List
2012 335iS  [0.00]
Just got to Munich. Picking up my car 24 hours from now AHHH.

Gone but not forgotten: Cayman GT4, M2C, 2011 135i, E83 X3 6MT, 2016 SO M3, 2012 335iS, 2010 135i and 2006 e90 325xi
Appreciate 3
      09-06-2015, 02:44 AM   #854
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingMouse
Quote:

Bastogne was well worth visiting, and a very somber experience. The museum took about ~2.5 hours to get through (they do three local-life-experience video sessions that take ~10 minutes apiece), and I spent another hour between the monument and walking the grounds near the 101st E Company positions. Seeing the HQ buildings, some of the names of the good men who were lost, and walking through the woods where they were was very emotional for my wife and I. You could feel the depth of what happened there.

The HQ buildings were obvious on the road from the monument to Foy if you go out N/NE on some of the local country tarmac.

(And thank you for your service.)

EDIT: Added pics
Wow it looks very nice... Bastogne is in Belgium correct? Just south of Brussel?

I may have to convince my gf to go thru swiss ( Bern and maybe Zurich) then to Bastogne to get to NurBurging instead of a long drive from Geneva to paris to brussel
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #855
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Do youguys think this is too much of unrealistic route during December to drive within 12days?
I think you will be fine. Just try to stay flexible in case you want to stay somewhere on your travels. Europe is so compact. Also... watch your speed in Switzerland... driving just a few kph over the limit can cost hundreds of euros. Driving more than +40 kph over AND they can/will take your car!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #856
ZAGA_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16' F80

How long after drop off you can find your vin on w2w or nyk website?
2010 E92 M3 (Sold)
2016 F80 ED..MW / Exec / Black 19' / DCT
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #857
Miamiboyca
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW - F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassian View Post
How long after drop off you can find your vin on w2w or nyk website?
At least a couple of weeks. It's best to email inandout and just get your ship. You can email them about a week after you drop off.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #858
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

a few places in Munich... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Thank you sir. I'm not quite headed that way for this trip, but have it bookmarked for the future!

If you have any tips/suggestions for people while visiting Munich, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been there before, but need to spend a Saturday/Sunday doing fun local stuff before I pick up my car on Monday. We love scenic places, and restaurants with good schnitzel, spaetzle and beer!

I will assume you seen my ED thread/guide...

Dackel's European Delivery Museum Guide
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494657

A taste of BMW Welt, München’s Marienplatz, and Oktoberfest!
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437687

Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402730

Be aware that the BMW Museum is CLOSED on MONDAYS!!! So you might want to go see that first!

BMW has a small but hip mini Welt in the downtown Munich area. Its quite close to the Hauptbahnhof (main train station)

IF you go to Dacu Concentration Camp/Museum their is a very nice Airplane Museum in Oberschleißheim. There is a nice Residence next door too.

Deutsches Museum - Flugwerft Schleissheim
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488879

BMW has a min-welt near the Munich train station. Its worth a visit IF you are in the area. They only have a handful of cars here... but its cool to visit.

BMW Lenbachplatz display in downtown Munich...
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=879995

One of my favorite beer kellers/restaurants is near there too: Zum Augustiner Several hundred years old this place is very charming. Everyone goes to the Hofbrau Hof... but I prefer this keller.

Zum Augustiner
Neuhauser Str. 27
80331 München

www.augustiner-restaurant.com

IF your looking for some German snick-schack tourist things... almost across the street from Zum Augustiner is Max Krug.

Max Krug
Neuhauser Str. 2
80331 München

www.max-krug.com

You could also go on one of those "walking tours" of Munich. I did the Third Reich tour and it was very interesting. I think they charge a small fee for their tours. It's not free. But It was only around ten euros. You just meet in front of the old RatsKeller(city hall) aka Marienplatz.

www.newmunichtours.com

When I am in downtown Munich I like to always visit these places...

Marienplatz

GALERIA Kaufhof (Big Dept Store)
Kaufingerstraße 1-5
80331 München

Downstairs in GALERIA Kaufhof they have some nice German tourist stuff. Plus they have a nice "market" where you can find foods from all over the world. I also like to go upstairs(4th floor?) and visit the toy and model dept. They also have some very nice Steife Teddy Bears.

IF you walk behind the Marienplatz you will see a row of really high end boutiques. I always like looking inside at the Dallmayr (coffee, the BEST in Germany) store. They have all sorts of delikatessen. They even have imported cigars here!

Dallmayr-Tabacladen Marco Schum e.K.
Dienerstraße 15
80331 München

Right next door to Dallmayr's is a really cool but weird place... The store's name is Manufactum and its a cross between a bread and chease shop AND a hardware and fashion store. Its kind of like a German Backery meets the Sharper Image catalog. One must at least walk thru this place!

Manufactum GmbH & Co. KG
Dienerstraße 12
80331 München

also near both of these places are...

Porsche Design Store München
Dienerstraße 17
80331 München

Bang & Olufsen Maximilianstraße München
Maximilianstraße 32
80539 München

I just like walking around this area because of the WOW factor. Especially when you look at the price tags. lol

...another really GREAT restaurant is the Brenner Grill. A very nice place. Great bar too.

Brenner
Maximilianstraße 15
80539 München

The Brenner is also quite close to the four seasons hotel...

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski
Maximilianstraße 17
80539 München

I also like visiting/walking around the market near MarienPlatz. It's called the Victuals Market. Here you can find all sorts of fresh hand made foods. It is a must see place. Also there are many good beer gardens in this area. Also some good Antique shops as well. Walk a few blocks in this area, off the beaten path.

Victuals Market
Viktualienmarkt 3
80331 München

also Café Rischart is a nice place to sit down for a snack or coffee and cake.

Café Rischart
Marienplatz 18
80331 München

I prefer their other shop near the O2 phone shop closer to MarienPlatz. IF you go upstairs there, you have a nice view of the MarienPlatz while eating some cake.

IF you are feeling adventurous behind Café Rischart is Saint Peter's Church. For a small fee you can climb the narrow and steep steps for an Awesome view of Munich.

St. Peter's Church
Rindermarkt 1
80331 München

Everyone goes to the Hofbräuhaus in München (and or the HardRock Cafe across the street from it)but another really nice restaurant just around the corner from the HB is Haxnbauer im Scholastikahaus.

Haxnbauer im Scholastikahaus
Sparkassenstraße 6
80331 München

IF you have time in the evening you could take in a film at a very classic old film palace/theater... Sendlinger Tor Sometimes the films are in English... you just have to look online or ring them up. This is where we had the screening for the BMW film Adrenalin

Filmtheater Sendlinger Tor
Sendlinger-Tor-Platz 11
80336 München

www.filmtheatersendlingertor.de

One of my friends who lives in Munich suggested this one star Michelin restaurant...

Gasthof Widmann
Bergstraße 4
82216 Maisach

Also in the downtown area is that MB store that has a few cars on display. They always have something special to see. Its located across the street from the Star Bucks coffee haus at Odeonsplatz.

Starbucks (free WiFi !)
Odeonspl. 15-16
80539 München

From Odeonsplatz you could take a long walk thru the English Gardens. There are several nice beer gartens inside of this area. I'd recommend walking thru the Munich Residenz from behind the Star Bucks and into the Gardens from there.

I always enjoy walking to - the old Chinesischen Turm(Chinese Tower). You can walk from downtown Munich to this area. You wil be very thirsty for some HofBrau beer once you get there! Actually the entire Englischer Garten(English Garden) area is so pretty. There is a inside and outside restaurant(s).

Restaurant und Biergarten am Chinesischen Turm
Englischer Garten 3
80538 München

www.chinaturm.de

Another really GREAT beer garden/restaurant is the Nockherberg. This is just up the street from Marienplatz and the Deutsche Museum island. The U-bahn will take you close to it. And then its a short walk to the Nockherberg. The Paulaner beer factory is around the corner from the restaurant/keller. You might want to look into a Beer factory tour here. ?

Paulaner am Nockherberg
Hochstraße 77
81541 München

www.nockherberg.com/en/biergarten

And lastly... what trip to Germany is not complete unless you have some great tasty Döner kabob!! My friend's tell me that for the very BEST Döner you need to go here... Verdi Supermarket

Verdi
Landwehrstraße 46
80336 München

Have a great ED...
Dackel

PS: And...

Appreciate 0