BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #23
badcowboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
Colorado car pricing is insane. We had a really bad experience at Downtown, Schomp is closed on the best day for us(Mondays) for some stupid reason, and COs was the best for us. We haven’t gotten to pricing yet. Having a hard time between a new m50 or a cpo last gen x5m.
COs is not longer COs - they are BMW of Loveland (they got bought out by Elway just after we took delivery last December). I don't know if the deals will be better or worse.

When we dealt with COs, they were easy to deal with via email. Gebhardt in Boulder just sent back full list price - and in times where you can get a quote from every dealer in the area via email, that is probably not the best approach.

One thing I didn't realize is there is a military discount that is fairly easy to get if you have ever been in any branch including National Guard. It is taken off after any other discounts and ended up being around $3500 additional (different for cash or if you are financing through BMW) after all other discounts were negotiated.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 06:36 PM   #24
Edubya
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn2Srf View Post
If it helps , both times I ordered, I started with my build code in the email and simply said "these are the numbers I need to get to" I told them I prefer to go through them before I try other dealers.

I worked with Connor , their senior portfolio guy , however honestly all negotiation was at the general manager level due my circumstance and I know a regular SA probably can't get those kind of numbers on his own.

In fact, I think it was 5000 overall in incentives, because I used my USAA membership for $500 even though it technically isn't supposed to "stack" with the $1k OL event code and all the usual finance and loyalty incentives.

I did tell him I would send people his way and they're going to know that I got a good deal. Best of luck - I do think they are a decent shop overall.
Sorry, which dealer are you referring to?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 09:12 AM   #25
Mtn2Srf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn2Srf View Post
If it helps , both times I ordered, I started with my build code in the email and simply said "these are the numbers I need to get to" I told them I prefer to go through them before I try other dealers.

I worked with Connor , their senior portfolio guy , however honestly all negotiation was at the general manager level due my circumstance and I know a regular SA probably can't get those kind of numbers on his own.

In fact, I think it was 5000 overall in incentives, because I used my USAA membership for $500 even though it technically isn't supposed to "stack" with the $1k OL event code and all the usual finance and loyalty incentives.

I did tell him I would send people his way and they're going to know that I got a good deal. Best of luck - I do think they are a decent shop overall.
Sorry, which dealer are you referring to?
BMW Denver Downtown. I have recently heard of several people not having much luck with the pricing there, so maybe I just got lucky?
      04-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #26
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I would def encourage everyone to shop around all over, you can buy BMWs from any dealer in any state with a variety of delivery options. Use that to your advantage. Yes time is money so for some its more hassle then its worth to save a few bucks but sometimes it can be a lot which makes it worth it.

also like I always say, look at the whole deal not just the sale price. (MF, rate, fees, etc.. those can be marked up and take a lot of your discount out on the back end)

also if you dont have a production number right away you dont have a allocation.

If anyone is interested in getting a quote from our guy Jimmy Miller, you can reach him at jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com we sell all over US.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 12:32 PM   #27
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

The last two I bought were ordered through Grayson @ Winslow in the Springs.

Both times I received what I felt were fair deals, decent but not necessarily great. But you have to ask yourself what that extra .5 to 1% is really worth. I believe having a relationship with the servicing dealer has value. Being a repeat customer I think has future value. Even at $100k, is the 1% really worth hours of shopping, hassle and BS just so that you feel like you got the best deal?

When the market is hot and allocations are scarce, good discounts will be more difficult. Big dealers have to move more cars, but many times you will be just another number. Small dealers need to make more off each car, but you will have more of a relationship with the staff and I believe be more valued as a customer, especially repeat.

I think the key in obtaining a good deal is first knowing what a good deal is with all factors considered.
Knowing exactly what you want, what that really costs, and what deals are out there for that build so that you are ready to go when the right deal presents itself.

I don't flip cars every two to three years, so for the money, I want exactly what I want, so I always order. I'm willing to wait for it to be built/shipped. I have done Performance Center Delivery on both of my last two and will continue to do that. I think that helps some in negotiation also, since as GOLFFRR stated, I could buy from anyone.

I will say though that the relationship with Winslow has resulted in invitation to some invitation only events which has been sweet. Bonus!
Appreciate 2
GOLFFRR10715.00
      04-15-2021, 12:24 AM   #28
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
I don't flip cars every two to three years, so for the money, I want exactly what I want, so I always order. I'm willing to wait for it to be built/shipped. I have done Performance Center Delivery on both of my last two and will continue to do that. I think that helps some in negotiation also, since as GOLFFRR stated, I could buy from anyone.
Curious how the PCD process worked for you...did you have the car shipped home after you picked it up? or did you drive it home? I was considering taking delivery at the PCD, but couldn't get past the thought of having it shipped AFTER it became mine, IYKWIM.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #29
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEcho View Post
Curious how the PCD process worked for you...did you have the car shipped home after you picked it up? or did you drive it home? I was considering taking delivery at the PCD, but couldn't get past the thought of having it shipped AFTER it became mine, IYKWIM.
Very, very few people have their vehicle shipped after PCD. You would have to arrange to yourself as BMW does not offer that service.
      04-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #30
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Very, very few people have their vehicle shipped after PCD. You would have to arrange to yourself as BMW does not offer that service.
Right. The pick up experience sounds super cool and I'd love to take a vacation in SC. But neither the cross country road trip nor giving it to a shipper are appealing to me. So I was just wondering how others managed it. I mean, if I lived on the east coast it would not be a problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #31
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Right. The pick up experience sounds super cool and I'd love to take a vacation in SC. But neither the cross country road trip nor giving it to a shipper are appealing to me. So I was just wondering how others managed it. I mean, if I lived on the east coast it would not be a problem at all.
Oh ok. I go back East each year so the drive wouldn't be bad for me. Quite a few folks here buy from dealers in other states and have their vehicle shipped, that shouldn't be a problem. I think most choose uncovered but covered trailer shipping is also available.
      04-15-2021, 01:04 PM   #32
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Oh ok. I go back East each year so the drive wouldn't be bad for me. Quite a few folks here buy from dealers in other states and have their vehicle shipped, that shouldn't be a problem. I think most choose uncovered but covered trailer shipping is also available.
Good point. Except, I imagine that if a dealer is shipping me a car, they're responsible, whereas if I ship from SC, I'm on the hook for any chips or dings. I'm new to this, so just guessing. But you're right, covered shipping would probably be the way to go, didn't think about that.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 04:54 PM   #33
MileHiGolfer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 m550i

It's tough to get a good deal here in Colorado for sure. They all seem to have endless rich housewives lined up to pay list price. I ordered my x5 m50i from the same place I ordered my m550i from - Nebraska. Having it shipped. 10% off plus incentives. Let me know if anyone wants contact info, they've been great to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 06:01 PM   #34
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiGolfer View Post
It's tough to get a good deal here in Colorado for sure. They all seem to have endless rich housewives lined up to pay list price. I ordered my x5 m50i from the same place I ordered my m550i from - Nebraska. Having it shipped. 10% off plus incentives. Let me know if anyone wants contact info, they've been great to deal with.
If you can PM me the information, that would be great. Thanks
      04-23-2021, 09:05 PM   #35
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I would def encourage everyone to shop around all over, you can buy BMWs from any dealer in any state with a variety of delivery options. Use that to your advantage. Yes time is money so for some its more hassle then its worth to save a few bucks but sometimes it can be a lot which makes it worth it.

also like I always say, look at the whole deal not just the sale price. (MF, rate, fees, etc.. those can be marked up and take a lot of your discount out on the back end)

also if you dont have a production number right away you dont have a allocation.

If anyone is interested in getting a quote from our guy Jimmy Miller, you can reach him at jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com we sell all over US.
Ignore this person - this dealer is total waste of time. They won't sell to a Colorado customer because they can't figure out the vast complexities of Colorado paperwork requirements (which are some of the simplest in the country).
2011 X5 35i BSM/Black - Retired
2011 335i Coupe Alpine White/Saddle - Retired (ED)

Last edited by The J-Man; 04-23-2021 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #36
The J-Man
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The last two I bought were ordered through Grayson @ Winslow in the Springs.

Both times I received what I felt were fair deals, decent but not necessarily great. But you have to ask yourself what that extra .5 to 1% is really worth. I believe having a relationship with the servicing dealer has value. Being a repeat customer I think has future value. Even at $100k, is the 1% really worth hours of shopping, hassle and BS just so that you feel like you got the best deal?

When the market is hot and allocations are scarce, good discounts will be more difficult. Big dealers have to move more cars, but many times you will be just another number. Small dealers need to make more off each car, but you will have more of a relationship with the staff and I believe be more valued as a customer, especially repeat.

I think the key in obtaining a good deal is first knowing what a good deal is with all factors considered.
Knowing exactly what you want, what that really costs, and what deals are out there for that build so that you are ready to go when the right deal presents itself.

I will say though that the relationship with Winslow has resulted in invitation to some invitation only events which has been sweet. Bonus!
Thanks for confirming that Winslow sells cars, that's news to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 09:09 PM   #37
The J-Man
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiGolfer View Post
I'll take that contact info too for my next round of BMW purchases.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #38
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Ignore this person - this dealer is total waste of time. They won't sell to a Colorado customer because they can't figure out the vast complexities of Colorado paperwork requirements (which are some of the simplest in the country).
unfortunately you are incorrect. Sorry if you had some sort of bad transaction with one of our guys but we sell to Colorado as well as all US states all the time and have been doing so for well over a decade to forum members. Also all the info I posted in the post is very good info and anyone who doesn't know all what I posted would see the value. Again no hard feelings but if you ever have any issues with any of our team or need anything else you can always PM me on here any time Im on here everyday, hope you have a great sunday

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 11:46 PM   #39
The J-Man
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
unfortunately you are incorrect. Sorry if you had some sort of bad transaction with one of our guys but we sell to Colorado as well as all US states all the time and have been doing so for well over a decade to forum members. Also all the info I posted in the post is very good info and anyone who doesn't know all what I posted would see the value. Again no hard feelings but if you ever have any issues with any of our team or need anything else you can always PM me on here any time Im on here everyday, hope you have a great sunday
Straight from Jimmy Bach at Steve Thomas BMW.

Again, I would urge everybody to steer clear of these people. Total waste of time and energy.

Quote:
Unfortunately you live in a state where out of state lease registration is a nightmare. Since we are a CA dealer, we do not have the ability to register a car in Colorado directly. The registration responsibility falls on the customer in this case in which I would not want to burden you with if the process is too difficult or lengthy. It is actually uncommon for us to receive an inquiry from a CO resident. Our last CO deal did not go as smoothly as we wanted it to when it came to the registration step and resulted with a unhappy customer, that is not our goal.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 08:34 AM   #40
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Straight from Jimmy Bach at Steve Thomas BMW.

Again, I would urge everybody to steer clear of these people. Total waste of time and energy.
Again I am sorry your experience wasn't the best from Jimmy Bach, would have to look into it more and see what he was referring to, to your specific situation. I usually have all the forum members work with Jimmy Miller but nonetheless, you obviously did not have a good experience and wish you nothing but the best. Can't win them all right Have a great week my friend and hopefully you find what you are looking for. Im always on here if you need anything

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 04:09 PM   #41
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
Colorado car pricing is insane. We had a really bad experience at Downtown, Schomp is closed on the best day for us(Mondays) for some stupid reason, and COs was the best for us. We haven’t gotten to pricing yet. Having a hard time between a new m50 or a cpo last gen x5m.
So here's my $0.02 ... having previously leased an F85 and currently have a G05 45e (i know not a V8).

The G05 is much more refined than the F15 chassis 3rd Gen X5 in many ways, however I really miss our X5M, as the performance was insane and the vehicle seemed to defy physics and felt like my F55 in many scenarios ... no small feat for a 2.5 ton SUV! Also, if you can get past the less refined F85 transmission, the vehicle is a blast to drive and always put a smile on my face. It does look a bit long in the tooth compared to the 4th gen X5 ... however you should be looking at ~ $65k compared to $100k for purchase price between the F85 & G05 respectively.

Granted, I've been in crappy company cars the majority of the last 4 years, only getting to drive the BMWs or MINI on weekends, so my F85 became my wife's daily when her F34 lease was up. She still misses the ///M, but loves the power and fuel economy of her 45e.

I think you should drive the two and compare for yourself, however as much as I loved the F85, the new G05 M50i is only 43hp shy of the F85, and likely a bit more comfortable to drive ... you will likely not notice the missing HP, but will notice the lack of "harshness" that the M50i takes you up to speed when flogging on it compared to the whiplash-enducing F85.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #42
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MattEcho, we have driven both of the cars we did PCD back from Spartanburg to Colorado. You could ship at your expense if you did not want to put the mileage on the vehicle and I'm sure the PCD team would provide some assistance if you chose this route. For me, I love any opportunity to take a road trip, and coming across the country offers lots of opportunities for a good time.
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #43
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MattEcho, we have driven both of the cars we did PCD back from Spartanburg to Colorado. You could ship at your expense if you did not want to put the mileage on the vehicle and I'm sure the PCD team would provide some assistance if you chose this route. For me, I love any opportunity to take a road trip, and coming across the country offers lots of opportunities for a good time.
Appreciate that. It's tempting for sure. But right now the global supply chain situation is making a purchase difficult, PCD or no PCD. I made the unfortunate decision to go with Tanz Blue, and I can't get that color out of my mind. So there I am, paralyzed by my first world problem lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #44
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate that. It's tempting for sure. But right now the global supply chain situation is making a purchase difficult, PCD or no PCD. I made the unfortunate decision to go with Tanz Blue, and I can't get that color out of my mind. So there I am, paralyzed by my first world problem lol.
I understand, the wait for my M4 nearly killed me, but patience is key, especially when you are spending what you are spending. I for one, won't settle for anything but exactly what I want which is why I keep buying new.

Bet of luck. Tanz is a beautiful color.
Appreciate 0