BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-04-2020, 12:45 AM   #1
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

22" tire upsizing

We all know there's 2 choices for performance tires in the stock size and 1 all season tire. I've been pleased with the PZ4 that came on it. Quiet and stable for a performance tire worn down to its indicators. However there's only 15k miles on the tires. I've been looking at the Bentayga Pirelli AS tire, but the reviews are all over the place. If I could get a good long term review of those I'd just opt for them since we live in Texas. My other option would be to upsize and go with 285/40/22 and 325/35/22. Both tires have the same rolling diameter so the 4wd and traction control won't have an issue. The speedometer will read 3mph slower than the actual speed and the sidewall height would be 4.5" instead of 3.8" and the tires would be a 1/2" wider than stock. With the larger sizes I could run MPS4S tires and I know those are awesome tires.

Has anyone ran the larger size tires or does anyone have a long term review of the Pirelli AS tires? Thanks in advance!
      05-24-2021, 12:37 PM   #2
TORGUE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i

did you put this tire? i also want more side wall, i have 22 stock tire, no air suspension
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 07:00 PM   #3
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORGUE View Post
did you put this tire? i also want more side wall, i have 22 stock tire, no air suspension
Ended up going with the stock size Pirelli all season tire. 500 tread wear and they're very quiet over the OEM's.