BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-29-2023, 09:27 AM   #1
Stunz G.
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Garage List
Hard choice between GLE53 Coupe and the X6. Only place Mercedes win is Interior Dimension. Which is why the decision was a tad difficult with me being a Big Guy 6'2, 230. No size comparison needed fellas. LOL

But Fellas, I stayed with the tried and true. Lol

Brooklyn Grey w/ SilverStone Interior fully loaded 40i
With XPEL Ceramics tints 15% front doors, 55$ windshield, Limo Sunstrip.

Tint Video Below of My Baby:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy9sI...c4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Few Take Aways (One week Analysis)

- No Grab Handles to get out the car (Pain in the Ass) when your 6'3 and the seats all the way back
- No coat hangar holder in rear seats
- No Cargo Net. Good thing I kept the one from the X7. Lol
- Heated Steering button gone. Have to use the screen. Ridiculous
- Finally figure out that Luxury seating with ventilation and massage actually reduces the tilting down of the seat by About 2 to 3 inches. That was my issue also in the X7. But I have a shop to adjust that.
- New navigation takes awhile to get use to. Still fumbling around to go from Spotify to FM to HVAC and back, even with the quick tiles.
- 22s in NYC. Good lord it's rough. But it's looks good and just have to heighten the awareness. Very tolerable but you have those instances. LOL
- Summer Tires on 22s (BMW needs to fix that)
They move too much volume to not have options. Therfore Winter/Wheel pkg coming soon.

Now the All Good:
- She Purrs (But still in the break in period) so I can't let her rip - New Engine is awesome!
- Lots of compliments and stares.
- Very smooth transmission
- Definitely stands out in a crowd
- Sensafin color and design looks way better than the dated Merino seats. Which I previous had. Feels just as good.
- Driver Assist Awesome
- Fuel Economy is phenomenal
- 22s are the only way to go. It fills the wheel gap beautifully
- Harmon sounds great as usual, just wish B&W was an option. Never had but hear great things.

Anyway just wanted to share my joy! Happy Sunday to All!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
barbE120.50
LDT1592.00
X6ix GTA142.00
      10-29-2023, 10:33 AM   #2
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

> New navigation takes awhile to get use to. Still fumbling around to go from Spotify to FM to HVAC and back, even with the quick tiles.

Heres a tip for you. This is where the gesture control short cut really is helpful. You can assign that two finger gesture control to the audio source. Then its super easy to change the audio source without having to fiddle around with multiple clicks. You still will need to actually select what you want, but at least it quickly popus up the available choices.

You can use the HUD/Cluster to select too but i find that too be slower and requires more clicks when you have to change audio source.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2023, 11:11 AM   #3
Stunz G.
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Garage List
@[apw2607] Wow. Thx for the info. Gesture control was annoying before. So I immediately turned it off in this vehicle. I'll definitely try that.
Appreciate 0