BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #265
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Just awesome all around. One thing we all know- and you especially since you've seen it first hand- his heart to play and ability to+ Earl Thomas back there with him- is definitely good thing for Seattle's secondary. The fact that him and his brother will feed off each other too/ it's exactly what Seattle needed in order to maintain competitive in what is seeming like a tough NFC West this coming year
Yes I’m a Patriots fan, but most importantly I’m a FOOTBALL fan. And this is a phenomenal football story. The fact that Shaquems brother told college recruiters/scouts “You take us both or I won’t play for you” shows his bond with his brother. Pee Wee, HS, College and now NFL teammates is incredible!

Enjoy it SugarSkulls, they will definitely be fun to watch!
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #266
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
I can't stop laughing at the Brown's drafting Mayfield 1st overall. Classic Browns. I was really hoping the Patriots would trade up for Darnold... dynasty over.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #267
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Made most sense to me for the Browns to take Barkley #1 and then whatever of the big 4 qbs left at 4. Can't do the opposite Barkley didn't make it to 4.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #268
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Just read an analysis that grades each teams draft. Seahawks had lowest grade a D of any team.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #269
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Just read an analysis that grades each teams draft. Seahawks had lowest grade a D of any team.
RamsGuy probably wrote it.
      04-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #270
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
I'll remind you though- in 2011 most of those gas bags gave Seattle a c- to a D.

I don't think I need to remind you all the players drafted that year that ya know...shut people up.

There's a ton of uncertainty with Seattle because the O line hasn't played for a full season together, new OC, aging stars on defense are gone- but a lot of people seem to forget 1) we still have a franchise QB who 2) is NOT a pocket passer there for doesn't need a wall in order to function. He simply needs mediocre guard play and he'll prosper
      04-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #271
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
I wouldn’t put to much stock in those “expert analysis grades”, they are just opinions...mostly from guys that didn’t even play. No one knows how any of these draftees will workout. You can’t measure heart, desire and work ethic. Some will rise others will fall. Nature of the biz....not all of them can succeed.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 04:14 PM   #272
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

True
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 08:27 PM   #273
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Check back in three years. Thats when you'll know how good your draft was. Not everyone is an instant Pro Bowler.
Appreciate 2
      04-30-2018, 01:06 PM   #274
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
11-5 record and a wild card berth.

You want in on gentleman's bet?! I'm that confident on this coming Seahawks team now that the cancers are gone.

THIS IS RUSSELL WILSONS TEAM NOW.
im in

The Griffins Twins was a nice story though. and ive got no doubts shaq will be a stud if he can learn ways to get past some of the limitations he will have at this level. He has the athletic ability.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #275
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
I'll remind you though- in 2011 most of those gas bags gave Seattle a c- to a D.

I don't think I need to remind you all the players drafted that year that ya know...shut people up.

There's a ton of uncertainty with Seattle because the O line hasn't played for a full season together, new OC, aging stars on defense are gone- but a lot of people seem to forget 1) we still have a franchise QB who 2) is NOT a pocket passer there for doesn't need a wall in order to function. He simply needs mediocre guard play and he'll prosper

he's running for his life on every play, how long do you thnk he can do this until he gets injured?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 02:10 AM   #276
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer View Post
I can't stop laughing at the Brown's drafting Mayfield 1st overall. Classic Browns. I was really hoping the Patriots would trade up for Darnold... dynasty over.
Mayfield is legit, but his career is over going to an organization like the Browns. The idiots comparing him to Manziel, have no clue. Mayfield did no more partying in college than any other male in a frat. Manziel was blowing rails in high school, the kid never spent time any in the film room and he was a stringbean. One is a cocky kid that loves the game, the other was a cocky kid that loved the attention.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #277
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Mayfield is legit, but his career is over going to an organization like the Browns. The idiots comparing him to Manziel, have no clue. Mayfield did no more partying in college than any other male in a frat. Manziel was blowing rails in high school, the kid never spent time any in the film room and he was a stringbean. One is a cocky kid that loves the game, the other was a cocky kid that loved the attention.
This.

Manziel didnt need, or even appear to want, Football. He didnt put in the time in the film room, he didnt put in the time to learn the playbook. Even in college, his gameplan was to improvise. He relied too heavily on his athletic ability and was handed every opportunity from Pee Wee to HS to College.

Baker was walk on at TT and became the starter, then after still not receiving a scholarship from TT despite Big 12 Freshman of the year, was a walk on at OU and became the starter. He had to put the time and effort in to becoming a great QB in college. His only off-field issue was one arrest, which is bad, but college kids do dumb things. And he has never had any of the locker room or work ethic issues that Manziel had throughout his career.

Unfortunately, the browns have killed many young qb careers though, so we will see if he can push through that adversity as well. I mean, if he wins 2 games over the next 2 seasons, he will have doubled their win total from the previous 2 and is a win in the minds of the Browns
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #278
jeff@autocouture
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
This.

Manziel didnt need, or even appear to want, Football. He didnt put in the time in the film room, he didnt put in the time to learn the playbook. Even in college, his gameplan was to improvise. He relied too heavily on his athletic ability and was handed every opportunity from Pee Wee to HS to College.

Baker was walk on at TT and became the starter, then after still not receiving a scholarship from TT despite Big 12 Freshman of the year, was a walk on at OU and became the starter. He had to put the time and effort in to becoming a great QB in college. His only off-field issue was one arrest, which is bad, but college kids do dumb things. And he has never had any of the locker room or work ethic issues that Manziel had throughout his career.

Unfortunately, the browns have killed many young qb careers though, so we will see if he can push through that adversity as well. I mean, if he wins 2 games over the next 2 seasons, he will have doubled their win total from the previous 2 and is a win in the minds of the Browns
I agree with EVERYTHING here as well as the post before .... except that the browns will kill him as a QB. Mayfield has all the skills, mindset, and talent that a starting above average qb has in the NFL. Yes he hasn't played a down yet but don't sleep on the browns, they have A LOT of talent on their roster and will be very, very , very competitive in the years to come. Their drought is about to be over. There aren't any teams to sleep on in the NFL which is why we love it so much. There are, on average 5 teams that make the playoffs that weren't in it the year before.

On the note of the seahawks since it seems like everyone in here loves them...
Penny will be a good RB for them, they took him a round too early but i don't believe they had a chance in rd 3 where they were picking because of the bone head offseason moves the year before. Guice, Sony, Chubb, were all better prospects with respective talents and traits that penny has. They wanted a guy and got him. I can't take anything away from them for doing that. Their offensive line will be MUCH improved from last year to this, they will run the ball just fine. I would be more worried about a lack of receiving talent now that Jimmy is gone.

The mention earlier about the division is a very very good point. Arizona, don't forget bradford can ball when hes not hurt and will be an upgrade over carson and help A LOT, dont forget david johnson is back. San Fran, I need to see more then the last 4-5 games last year but all things are pointing to a VERY competitive team this coming year. LA Rams, If they put it all together this year they will make a DEEP run into the playoffs. They could very well be an 11-12 win team. With peters and talib at corner they will really really be tough to throw against, think denver a few years back with wade phillips running that defense.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #279
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Power rankings look bad for hawks.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #280
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Browns also have a legit GM for the first time in forever. Even with some suspect drafts they have been drafting high for so long, they have got a fair amount of talent there. Yeah, think the days of them winning 1-2 games a year are over.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #281
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

I was lucky enough to score an invite to a private draft party for my Rams the other night at the Otium in downtown LA.

As a life long die hard Rams fan, It was freaking awesome!!! Got to meet coach McVay, GM Les Snead, COO Kevin Demoff, Goff and other players, tv and radio personalities, SNL cast member, cheerleaders and much more....it was crazy!!!

Open bar and tons of food too

Here some pics I got with all those people....

2017 Coach of the Year Sean McVay

Goff

GM Les Snead

Got a ton more, but you get the drift...it was awesome!!!

I am truly one lucky dog!!!

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #282
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

The Browns have the talent, they just also have the curse.

Watching some of their games last season, they were in position to win a couple times, but things just wouldnt go their way. Dropped easy passes by guys that were sure handed throughout the game, a bad bounce on a fumble or an easy missed tackle, etc. No matter what, they always find a way to blow it.

Maybe mayfield turns it around, but its sad to see my sooner qb go there
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 02:30 PM   #283
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
The Browns have the talent, they just also have the curse.

Watching some of their games last season, they were in position to win a couple times, but things just wouldnt go their way. Dropped easy passes by guys that were sure handed throughout the game, a bad bounce on a fumble or an easy missed tackle, etc. No matter what, they always find a way to blow it.

Maybe mayfield turns it around, but its sad to see my sooner qb go there
It's no curse the have a bad system. Mayfield has too many red flags people. He definitely is talented but why take the risk?

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #284
jeff@autocouture
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It's no curse the have a bad system. Mayfield has too many red flags people. He definitely is talented but why take the risk?
what are his red flags?

When i was a college athlete i was intense too, hated losing, talked sh*t and when i did well rubbed it in, when i didn't i beat myself up to do better. Read his apology letter after the college kid getting drunk incident and tell me that post that incident he didn't become a better STUDENT athlete...

2015 completion % 68.1 TD 36 INT 7 Yards 3,700 ( AS A WALK ON )
2016 completion % 70.9 TD 40 INT 8 Yards 3,965
2017 completion % 70.5 TD 43 INT 6 Yards 4,627

PEYTON MANNING

1995 Completion % 64.2 TD 22 INT 4 Yards 2954
1996 Completion % 63.9 TD 20 INT 12 Yards 3287
1997 Completion % 60.2 TD 36 INT 11 Yards 3819

For another reference

DAN MARINO (had cocaine related and party related "red Flags")

1980 Completion % 51.8 TD 15 INT 14 Yards 1609
1981 Completion % 59.5 TD 37 INT 23 Yards 2876
1982 Completion % 58.5 TD 17 INT 23 Yards 2432

Last one....

Johnny Manziel (red flags as well)

2012 Completion % 68 TD 28 INT 9 Yards 3706
2013 Completion % 69.9 TD 37 INT 13 Yards 4114

Baker Actually learned from his mistakes at least from what i can tell. I would never take his competition level away from him. He had one of the most storied and great college football careers between Texas tech and Oklahoma being a WALK ON and making the team and winning the heisman and had the highest completion % in college football TWO YEARS IN A ROW, Highest passing efficiency rating TWO YEARS IN A ROW, was responsible for the most touchdowns by any player last year in the NCAA. HE WAS A WALK ON.

What red flags can surpass these kinds of on field awards that hes had?

The only red flag i can think of is the one Oklahoma flag he planted mid field at OHIO STATE after winning...
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #285
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@autocouture View Post
Quote:
what are his red flags?

When i was a college athlete i was intense too, hated losing, talked sh*t and when i did well rubbed it in, when i didn't i beat myself up to do better. Read his apology letter after the college kid getting drunk incident and tell me that post that incident he didn't become a better STUDENT athlete...

2015 completion % 68.1 TD 36 INT 7 Yards 3,700 ( AS A WALK ON )
2016 completion % 70.9 TD 40 INT 8 Yards 3,965
2017 completion % 70.5 TD 43 INT 6 Yards 4,627

PEYTON MANNING

1995 Completion % 64.2 TD 22 INT 4 Yards 2954
1996 Completion % 63.9 TD 20 INT 12 Yards 3287
1997 Completion % 60.2 TD 36 INT 11 Yards 3819

For another reference

DAN MARINO (had cocaine related and party related "red Flags")

1980 Completion % 51.8 TD 15 INT 14 Yards 1609
1981 Completion % 59.5 TD 37 INT 23 Yards 2876
1982 Completion % 58.5 TD 17 INT 23 Yards 2432

Last one....

Johnny Manziel (red flags as well)

2012 Completion % 68 TD 28 INT 9 Yards 3706
2013 Completion % 69.9 TD 37 INT 13 Yards 4114

Baker Actually learned from his mistakes at least from what i can tell. I would never take his competition level away from him. He had one of the most storied and great college football careers between Texas tech and Oklahoma being a WALK ON and making the team and winning the heisman and had the highest completion % in college football TWO YEARS IN A ROW, Highest passing efficiency rating TWO YEARS IN A ROW, was responsible for the most touchdowns by any player last year in the NCAA. HE WAS A WALK ON.

What red flags can surpass these kinds of on field awards that hes had?

The only red flag i can think of is the one Oklahoma flag he planted mid field at OHIO STATE after winning...
Sure his on the field numbers are great. And he makes a great walk-on story. But I would not trust a guy who planted a flag at OSU, has a bad video with the cops, and made inappropriate gestures on the sideline.

If you are a GM are you going to bet your job and your family's stability on that guy? And remember he did all of this as the oldest qb in this draft.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #286
jeff@autocouture
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Sure his on the field numbers are great. And he makes a great walk-on story. But I would not trust a guy who planted a flag at OSU, has a bad video with the cops, and made inappropriate gestures on the sideline.

If you are a GM are you going to bet your job and your family's stability on that guy? And remember he did all of this as the oldest qb in this draft.
agree to disagree then, I prefer a fierce competitor even if he is cocky. Planting the flag midfield after knocking out a top 3 school was the best thing i've seen at a sporting event in a while.

I do bet my job and family's stability on it, Im making millions as a GM and either have been or will continue to do so after my decision
Appreciate 0