BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2022, 03:48 PM   #1
kfresh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 ZCP & G05 X5

Jerking back and forward when Parking

My wife has been complaining about the car jerking back and forward when pressing the parking button. It is extremely prevalent when on an incline/decline but even on even ground. When you come to a complete stop and engage parking, it rocks back and forward, as if though the parking gear is loose or doesnt fully engage.

I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal function and advised to use Auto Hold. This doesnt seem normal.

Anyone else experience this?

2022 G05 X5 sDrive 40i Carbon Black ///M Sports Package
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 09:16 PM   #2
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i S-Line/Melbourne Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
My wife has been complaining about the car jerking back and forward when pressing the parking button. It is extremely prevalent when on an incline/decline but even on even ground. When you come to a complete stop and engage parking, it rocks back and forward, as if though the parking gear is loose or doesnt fully engage.

I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal function and advised to use Auto Hold. This doesnt seem normal.

Anyone else experience this?
First car? First auto car?

The rocking on a hill is normal, most auto cars will roll (Gravity) as the parking lock lever is engaging. It is quite uncomfortable in my opinion. I always use the parking brake when I park.

Every auto car I have owned does a tiny bit of movement when I engage park if the brakes aren't engaged. I am used to using the parking brake as I drive a manual regularly.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 09:24 PM   #3
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i

There is a slight jerk but not that bad. If your head moves when it jerks, than might be an issue.
Appreciate 0