BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-01-2022, 11:05 AM   #23
Pro55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d

So I did the update 07/2022.58 yesterday and today I’m reversing into a spot with no other vehicles around and the sensors were bleeping and the emergency brake activated. I eventually turned the emergency brake off but it has never done this before and I’m sure it’s the update. Maybee all is not well with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 11:58 AM   #24
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
ugh. I'm still on 2021-07. sure it's not the latest, but I'm mostly happy with how things are operating. I don't want new problems
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 01:33 PM   #25
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekay View Post
And they change stuff like the fob thing that now if my wife opens or gets close to the car first it thinks she's driving. Before the key used to detect which side the key was on. I digress..
GRRRRR!!!! Don't get me started on what freaking idiot at BMW thought this was a great idea. Do these idiots even talk to their customers about features and updates? Hell no! If they insisted on implementing this dumb ass change in functionality they should have at least made it an option instead of shoving it down our throats.

It would be really nice if they would let the owners choose what features in the update they want to install instead of just shoving it all down our throats. Obviously, they would have to force the safety updates but, for any other feature enhancements, they should give us the option whether or not we want install those updates.
Appreciate 1
mikekay102.00
      12-01-2022, 02:01 PM   #26
mikekay
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
GRRRRR!!!! Don't get me started on what freaking idiot at BMW thought this was a great idea. Do these idiots even talk to their customers about features and updates? Hell no! If they insisted on implementing this dumb ass change in functionality they should have at least made it an option instead of shoving it down our throats.

It would be really nice if they would let the owners choose what features in the update they want to install instead of just shoving it all down our throats. Obviously, they would have to force the safety updates but, for any other feature enhancements, they should give us the option whether or not we want install those updates.
Dude I couldn't agree more!!! But if you give the option it gets to confusing and convoluted, and you get what I call the Android effect. People hate android because it has too many options, apps, and flavours. So people flock to the iphone which is controlled at the software level. It's the way its all going sadly. I miss the feature and honestly am getting tired of recoding my seat, autoclosing sunroof (if rains), etc.

All of which are amazing to have and its like why aren't they options in the beginning -- laws, value stream, confusion?

Im pretty sure coding will be a thing of the past as BMW is tired of people messing with their workflow.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:34 PM   #27
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Im pretty sure coding will be a thing of the past as BMW is tired of people messing with their workflow.
It’s already headed that direction. The latest version of dealer software, ISTA now supports “secure coding”. It’s meant to prevent you from circumventing the subscription stuff like heated seats but eventually they’re just going to lock out all changes.

“With the introduction of the{I20} and the following models, a new tamper protection - secure coding - is introduced.
Up to now, the coding data for programming ISTA has been calculated and written to the ECUs.
With secure coding, the required coding data is calculated in a BMW backend and sent to ISTA. ISTA then writes the data to the ECUs”
Appreciate 1
mikekay102.00
      12-01-2022, 09:40 PM   #28
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Dude I couldn't agree more!!! But if you give the option it gets to confusing and convoluted, and you get what I call the Android effect. People hate android because it has too many options, apps, and flavours. So people flock to the iphone which is controlled at the software level. It's the way its all going sadly. I miss the feature and honestly am getting tired of recoding my seat, autoclosing sunroof (if rains), etc.

All of which are amazing to have and its like why aren't they options in the beginning -- laws, value stream, confusion?

Yes. Coding will probably go away. All of these coded features are already in the car but they want to charge you to have those features.

Now, the industry is moving towards a subscription based feature set. If you want a certain feature/option you have to pay a monthly fee to get it. Look at what Mercedes is doing now with their vehicles. You want the car to go faster? Pay them a monthly fee and they will unlock the throttle for you.

I think the auto industries trend is pathetic. Especially removing all of the buttons and replacing them with touch screens and voice control. It's already been tested and proven how dangerous this is and how much longer it takes to perform a simple operation as compared to doing the same thing with a button or a knob.
Appreciate 1
mikekay102.00
      12-04-2022, 01:37 AM   #29
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

I just updated to 07/2022.58 today, previously on 07/2021 (didn't get any other updates since I purchased the car last Nov).

Everything worked as intended, but for some reason I lost my saved memory seats. Luckily, I didn't adjust my seats so I was able to get Memory 1 saved again to the exact same position.

Last edited by mmm50i; 12-04-2022 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 08:04 AM   #30
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

The update has uploaded to the car - but its got stuck on waiting for the install to start. It seems like certain conditions haven't been meet yet for the update to start.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 07:43 PM   #31
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by csm7djs View Post
The update has uploaded to the car - but its got stuck on waiting for the install to start. It seems like certain conditions haven't been meet yet for the update to start.
It could be your battery. I was at the dealer today and they installed it for me because the battery wasn't at an acceptable level.
Attached Images

2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 02:51 AM   #32
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMWX5 45e 2022, BMW330e 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm50i View Post
I just updated to 07/2022.58 today, previously on 07/2021 (didn't get any other updates since I purchased the car last Nov).

Everything worked as intended, but for some reason I lost my saved memory seats. Luckily, I didn't adjust my seats so I was able to get Memory 1 saved again to the exact same position.

Similar here. Got in and thought my seat was in a different position so was about to change it and reset the memory when I realised that it was actually the steering wheel that had repositioned and had come all the way out towards me! The memory function worked in getting it back to where it should have been.
Appreciate 1
mmm50i403.50
      12-06-2022, 04:35 PM   #33
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

My 2022 40i is on version 03/2022.46, should I have had an OTA update...I'm in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 09:53 PM   #34
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

How BMW decides when and which version to update a vehicle is somewhat of a mystery. It's not like say an iOS or WIN update that everyone can access as soon as they release it.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 06:40 AM   #35
mikekay
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Tire pressures now show up in the app!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 06:48 AM   #36
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
very interesting how different everyone’s experiences are given the ‘same’ available features
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 06:58 AM   #37
mikekay
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
very interesting how different everyone’s experiences are given the ‘same’ available features
What do you mean?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 07:07 AM   #38
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What do you mean?
I’ve had tires pressures on my app for over a year.

another example is My Trips. do you have it displayed on your homepage? since this feature’s release in Sept, I’ve had no issues while some still can’t get it to show on their app.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 10:16 AM   #39
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, G05 40d

Quote:
Ive also had tyre pressure show up in the app for some time now but never been able to show it in PSI, only in Bar. How have you managed to get it to show in PSI please as this has been a frustration of mine since day one!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 10:35 AM   #40
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShakes View Post
Ive also had tyre pressure show up in the app for some time now but never been able to show it in PSI, only in Bar. How have you managed to get it to show in PSI please as this has been a frustration of mine since day one!
maybe that’s dictated by the country linked with your profile. what’s most commonly used in the UK? psi or bar?

I couldn’t find any settings to change the unit in the app, but I wanna say it can be changed in iDrive General settings. what does it show on your vehicle’s setting and TPMS screen? maybe what’s showing in the vehicle dictates what’s seen in the app…
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2022, 10:46 AM   #41
mikekay
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I’ve had tires pressures on my app for over a year.

another example is My Trips. do you have it displayed on your homepage? since this feature’s release in Sept, I’ve had no issues while some still can’t get it to show on their app.
I coded in temperature and psi so maybe that triggered it but yah in Canada we get everything last LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #42
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I coded in temperature and psi so maybe that triggered it but yah in Canada we get everything last LOL
I coded psi + temp too, but again, I’ve had tire pressures showing on my app even before I coded that in. still, it’s nice you have it now!

Canada doesn’t always get things last. many of y’all got the 07/2022 OTA update before the U.S. (I’m still waiting lol)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 12:27 PM   #43
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, G05 40d

Quote:
maybe that’s dictated by the country linked with your profile. what’s most commonly used in the UK? psi or bar?

I couldn’t find any settings to change the unit in the app, but I wanna say it can be changed in iDrive General settings. what does it show on your vehicle’s setting and TPMS screen? maybe what’s showing in the vehicle dictates what’s seen in the app…
I’m pretty sure here in the UK psi is the most commonly used measurement of pressure, all the filling stations have psi as the default on the air machines for example and I have grown up only using psi but could be wrong!

That’s a good shout about iDrive, I’ll check that next in in the vehicle. From memory, I’m sure I set that to psi very early on and see psi when I check (although not checked often due to the app also showing me). Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4652.00
      12-08-2022, 12:43 PM   #44
JerZBMerLife
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Garage List
2024 BMW X6  [0.00]
I got the update today. Haven’t checked memory seating settings but didn’t notice anything weird.
Appreciate 0