BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #89
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I heard he was being traded to LA for Xzibit.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #90
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
Just got this from the Orlando Sentinel:

The chase to win the next NBA championship is on.

Don’t follow the bouncing basketballs. Keep your eye on the stack of cash.

It is Game On for the Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls, looking to unseat the Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference. (Sorry Celtics, but your run is over). Rasheed Wallace is retiring, and I don’t see Doc Rivers coming back, giving the East champs a completely different look.

The Magic have reason to be afraid. Very afraid.

Each team is dumping salaries and freeing up their rosters to make a run at multiple free agents, all with max contracts. How would you like a heat lineup with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh? Or A Chicago lineup with Derrick Rose, James and Bosh?

The Heat traded their No. 18 first-round pick and guard Daequan Cook for Oklahoma City’s No. 32 selection in the second round, adding another $3.4 million in added salary-cap space, As it stands, Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers are the only two Heat players who could be under contract when the free agency period begins July 1.

And they have cleared more than $45 million in salary cap space. And they have an advantage in signing Wade because of the Larry Bird Exception, which allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents up to the player’s maximum salary.

That means that signing all three studs is very doable.

Over in Chicago, the Bulls are also working hard to dump players. They cleared up salary cap room by agreeing to trade veteran guard Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick in the draft to the Washington Wizards on Thursday.

The Wizards can take Hinrich _ and his $9 million salary next season _ without having to copenstate Chicago with a player or draft pick of similar value.

Chicago now has $30 million in salary cap space, but don’t have to worry about re-signing their superstar, Rose.

Obviously, this is all going to be about ego management as well. I’m not so sure that James is willing to be buddy-buddy with D-Wade in Miami. If both play in South Florida, it will be Wade’s team, and James becomes his high-priced sidekick. Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant have the rings to prove that it can work, but there is also much acrimonious spittle between both of them. Just look up Shaq’s “Kobe, How Does My A** Taste?” video.

How this shakes out will obviously determine whether there will be a power shift in the league, seriously impacting the Magic.

As with everything, just follow the money trail.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #91
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Yep. No matter where he is going, I doubt he will take less than 20 a year. I've been arguing this with my friends for a minute. He's a business man when it's all said and done. He's not going to play for peanuts.
He also has said he wants to become the first billionaire athlete.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #92
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Wasn't tiger woods the first billionaire athlete? well maybe not anymore after the divorce
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #93
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
Wasn't tiger woods the first billionaire athlete? well maybe not anymore after the divorce
Pele was a billionaire back in the 80s
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #94
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
He also has said he wants to become the first billionaire athlete.
I wouldn't doubt it. He's 1 year older than I am and is just a tad bit richer.

He's the only athlete that really lives up to the hype from the start. He signed a what, 40+ million deal with Nike out of high school? He said he's getting schooled by "Uncle Warren" too on how to make money grow. (Warren Buffet for those not familiar).

I think MJ had a great shot at reaching that threshold if he didn't have his gambling problems and if the wife didn't take half of his stuff when they split.

It was funny because Tiger was projected to become the first billionaire athlete prior to this mess. They were waiting for it too. They were talking about Kobe messing up, and Vick messing up. At the time, they were talking about how clean Tiger's record was. LOL now, not so much anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #95
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Aside from the top contenders such as James, Wade, and Bosh....there are still solid free agents out there....Ray Allen, Amare, Boozer, Joe Johnson, and I think "The Truth" as well.

I really cannot see Wade and James playing together.

I think Miami will retain Wade. But to dump all of the moolah on one or two superstars would mean that the rest of the team would be filled with sorry players.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #96
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
An anonymous league source told the New York Times on Sunday that ''It's a done deal'' that James will sign with the Bulls.
Its only speculation, but I cant help but

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,251811
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #97
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
LOL I forgot about my own thread...heard this on the radio yesterday. I guess they say he'll meet with the other teams as a formality, but unless they can come up with something huge it's Chicago
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #98
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Wade is also meeting with other teams...seems like evidence Lebron is not going to Miami IMO

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,252206
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #99
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Yeah I read that too. If we got Lebron and Bosh, omg that would be sick. My family friend has season tickets to the Bulls and I would definitely be buying some from him.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #100
carbonbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

i heard Lebron was looking at houses in highland park just 15 min away from me, also jordans house is there if he still owns it. would be cool if he came to chicago
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #101
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Yep. No matter where he is going, I doubt he will take less than 20 a year. I've been arguing this with my friends for a minute. He's a business man when it's all said and done. He's not going to play for peanuts.
your absolutely wrong on this. Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Dwade. None of these guys are even ALLOWED to make $20 million next year. Under the CBA/NBA agreement a players max contract thats been in the NBA between 7-9 years can be up to 30% of the salary cap. The 2011 Salary Cap will be roughly $54 million dollars.(give or take a million). Which means the max these guys can be around 16.2 or so million a year. Now with all these guys like bosh and lebron and what not wanting to team up, this would leave teams like the bulls $800k to get a bench. Which means if they wanna win a championship or team up. All these guys will have to take 1 or 2 million a year less than MAX. Thats gonna be easier to do in Miami over anywhere else because Illinois charges a 3% income tax which is almost half million a year for these guys and New York and NJ have an income tax as well. This is all under the 2007-2011 collective bargaining agreement.

Most of these guys are 7-8 yr pros. So what your gonna see is. Lebron and these guys will sign a 4-5 year max contract which they can have a 3rd year player option which means after the third yr of their contract they can opt out and resign again if they want at a MAX level of a Veteran 10+ player for 35% of the cap which can be over 20 million a year.

Oh and NBA has a soft cap which has fkn tons of loops holes to go over the salary cap. but theres penalties n shit. If u want more info lemme know. hope that helps clear some stuff up for you.

P.S. - watch out for the Nets to makes some moves. Great owner, coach, management. Great young PG, and Center. Good pick in the draft and enough money for almost 2 max contracts. Plus theyre moving to NYC brooklyn in 2 yrs in a brand new arena
      06-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #102
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
your absolutely wrong on this. Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Dwade. None of these guys are even ALLOWED to make $20 million next year. Under the CBA/NBA agreement a players max contract thats been in the NBA between 7-9 years can be up to 30% of the salary cap. The 2011 Salary Cap will be roughly $54 million dollars.(give or take a million). Which means the max these guys can be around 16.2 or so million a year. Now with all these guys like bosh and lebron and what not wanting to team up, this would leave teams like the bulls $800k to get a bench. Which means if they wanna win a championship or team up. All these guys will have to take 1 or 2 million a year less than MAX. Thats gonna be easier to do in Miami over anywhere else because Illinois charges a 3% income tax which is almost half million a year for these guys and New York and NJ have an income tax as well. This is all under the 2007-2011 collective bargaining agreement.
Kinda correct. The max they can make for the first year, after that it gets progressively higher. By his 3rd, 4th, or 5th year, he'll make 20 million a year.

Quote:
P.S. - watch out for the Nets to makes some moves. Great owner, coach, management. Great young PG, and Center. Good pick in the draft and enough money for almost 2 max contracts. Plus theyre moving to NYC brooklyn in 2 yrs in a brand new arena
The owner is rich, he hasn't had time to prove he's a great owner by any means.

Avery Johnson is a good coach, not a great coach. Devin Harris and Brook Lopez are good solid players, not great. You throw around the word great a lot.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #103
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

This article provided the best facts regarding each team's available cap space.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...p-room-summary

Looks like the bulls don't have enough space for two stars unless they make more room. No bueno.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #104
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Paul Pierce and Dirk opted out. This is getting really interesting.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #105
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
Unconfirmed sources of Dan Lebatard reported as of this morning that CHRIS BOSH to MIAMI HEAT is a DONE DEAL! ... Toronto has requested to receive Beasley and Chalmers in return, we will ship them Joel Anthony as well via sign and trade (assuming he takes the qualifying offer)... If this is true, Miami has drawn first blood, LeBron will be next!!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #106
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ForAll View Post
Unconfirmed sources of Dan Lebatard reported as of this morning that CHRIS BOSH to MIAMI HEAT is a DONE DEAL! ... Toronto has requested to receive Beasley and Chalmers in return, we will ship them Joel Anthony as well via sign and trade (assuming he takes the qualifying offer)... If this is true, Miami has drawn first blood, LeBron will be next!!
ESPN first take claims Bosh is not going to Miami.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #107
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #108
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
ESPN first take claims Bosh is not going to Miami.

Lets get rid of Deng. I'm sick of his inconsistency. that should make room.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #109
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Technically the NBA will has a moratorium period in which teams may hold negotiations but cannot sign contracts. They can start July 1st on negotiations but can't sign til the 7th.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #110
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
http://twitter.com/jonrothstein

Same thing here.

I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. All these guys have insiders for a reason. Info is leaked purposely. It's probably someone from Toronto trying to drive up Sign & Trade interest from other teams. It is a way to get better offers.

At least that's my take.

Appreciate 0