BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-28-2020, 08:48 PM   #1
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Online Tracking - Does It Show Trim?

I've been checking daily waiting for progress from "Order Received". Well things are slowly moving and now "Scheduled for Production".

I swear I've checked this thing hundreds of times, but do not see the interior trim choice anywhere (and could have sworn I did see this before). I went with dark aluminum mesh (4KM), but nowhere does it show that (or any other selection). My concern was what if they install the wrong trim! Checked the order sheets that my dealer emailed to me back in Dec and on every version 4KM is specified, but not on the tracker.

Does anyone else show the trim on this screen?
      01-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #2
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post
I've been checking daily waiting for progress from "Order Received". Well things are slowly moving and now "Scheduled for Production".

I swear I've checked this thing hundreds of times, but do not see the interior trim choice anywhere (and could have sworn I did see this before). I went with dark aluminum mesh (4KM), but nowhere does it show that (or any other selection). My concern was what if they install the wrong trim! Checked the order sheets that my dealer emailed to me back in Dec and on every version 4KM is specified, but not on the tracker.

The detail tracking info in mygarage is occasionally wrong. Just make sure your trim and all other details on your Vehicle Inquiry Report are accurate. You should have received a copy from your CA at time of order.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
PhilH930
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
The detail tracking info in mygarage is occasionally wrong. Just make sure your trim and all other details on your Vehicle Inquiry Report are accurate. You should have received a copy from your CA at time of order.
Thank you, and good news is that is correct. At the risk of going insane I'll check it again!
      01-28-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Thank you, and good news is that is correct. At the risk of going insane I'll check it again!
Then your good and have one less thing to worry about.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #5
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:

Check under "standard features" in MyGarage— what does it show? That's where mine shows up.
      01-28-2020, 09:28 PM   #6
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Quote:

Check under "standard features" in MyGarage— what does it show? That's where mine shows up.
Mine was under "added options".
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 09:28 PM   #7
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:

It's under Standard Features.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-28-2020, 09:38 PM   #8
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Check Standard Equipment Section

Quote:

I just got the allocation for my X6, M50i yesterday and I'm still in "Order Received" on the website...If I look in the 'Standard Equipment' section, I see "Fineline Brown Wood Trim", which is what I ordered. I also attached a snapshot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 11:57 PM   #9
PhilH930
Private
Rep

Thanks. Just seen it's under standard features. I swear it wasn't there earlier as went line by line, but likely an oversight. Perhaps a sign to not check the site tomorrow!
      01-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #10
x5legend24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:

Are there multiple brown poplar wood trims?

I wanted the anthracite matte wood like you have listed but realizing now mine is just called brown poplar wood.

Maybe they updated the copy on the site but hoping it's not a different trim.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #11
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

Interesting you mention that. just finalized my deal with the dealer on tuesday and on the order form where he wrote in all the options he wrote "matte poplar trim".
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #12
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Brown Poplar Wood Trim = Anthracite Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood

They're the same thing. You should be good
      01-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #13
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5legend24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:

Are there multiple brown poplar wood trims?

I wanted the anthracite matte wood like you have listed but realizing now mine is just called brown poplar wood.

Maybe they updated the copy on the site but hoping it's not a different trim.
Trim titles are confusing. Just make sure the description on your Vehicle Inquiry Report is accurate. That is the document that controls your production.
Appreciate 0