BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-17-2022, 08:24 AM   #1
Maheey1008
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

driver assistance behaviour affected

Whenever I activate the cruise control, I get this notification after 10 seconds on my screen. It only shows it the first time after the engine is on. Any idea why this pops up? very much appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
what shows up when you select “Affected systems”?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #3
Maheey1008
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
what shows up when you select “Affected systems”?
This
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 01:20 PM   #4
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
could be country-specific. i could find only one old thread from 2019 with this notification. owners from Poland, Latvia, New Zealand, and Romania had this issue after a software update. what version is your software and what year is your X5?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 04:50 AM   #5
Maheey1008
Rep

Quote:
could be country-specific. i could find only one old thread from 2019 with this notification. owners from Poland, Latvia, New Zealand, and Romania had this issue after a software update. what version is your software and what year is your X5?
I'm from The Netherlands and the installed version atm is 07/2022.59 and it says "there is no upgrade currently available for your vechile".

I also saw an old thread on the forums saying updating the KAFAS could help, we did it but still getting this notification.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 06:05 AM   #6
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maheey1008 View Post
I'm from The Netherlands and the installed version atm is 07/2022.59 and it says "there is no upgrade currently available for your vechile".

I also saw an old thread on the forums saying updating the KAFAS could help, we did it but still getting this notification.
you’re up to date, but nobody else here in the forum from EU has reported that notification after updating to 07/2022. still, that’s not to say nobody else has the issue. of the U.S. owners who’ve also updated to 07/2022, none have reported this notification either
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 08:16 AM   #7
Maheey1008
Rep

Quote:
you’re up to date, but nobody else here in the forum from EU has reported that notification after updating to 07/2022. still, that’s not to say nobody else has the issue. of the U.S. owners who’ve also updated to 07/2022, none have reported this notification either
Any tips/tricks to try? the cruise control works perfectly fine, no issues with that.. its just the notification which gives me sleepless nights.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 08:59 AM   #8
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maheey1008 View Post
Any tips/tricks to try? the cruise control works perfectly fine, no issues with that.. its just the notification which gives me sleepless nights.
I think a call to the Genius line may clarify what that notification means. it appears benign, though, since the CC works properly.

it could be a ‘normal’ country-specific difference between our vehicles, such as Remote Start being disabled in the UK, or rain sensing auto sunroof closure being disabled in the U.S., etc. maybe your vehicle was coded incorrectly (something other than Netherlands), so a Genius rep could look into that for you
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 08:09 PM   #9
MaKSiNG
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

Maheey1008
What driving assistance package does your car have?

I used to drive a G21 in Germany with the Driving Assistance Pro, so the car would “self-drive” and the cruise would accelerate and slow down according to the speed limits.

On frequent trips through the Netherlands, I would notice a similar message and it would mean for my car, that the cruise would stop adjusting itself to the prevailing speed, but act as a more regular cruise control by simply sticking to the speed manually set.
Once I hit the Belgian border or the German border on the way back, the full system would be engaged again.

I think this is due to some local regulation in Holland.
Have you been across the border to see if the cruise behaviour changes?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 08:10 PM   #10
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
interesting. so it appears the ‘active’ portion of the cruise control that maintains a certain distance is disabled in the Netherlands?

Last edited by nZtiZia; 12-19-2022 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 05:29 AM   #11
Maheey1008
Rep

Quote:
I think a call to the Genius line may clarify what that notification means. it appears benign, though, since the CC works properly.

it could be a ‘normal’ country-specific difference between our vehicles, such as Remote Start being disabled in the UK, or rain sensing auto sunroof closure being disabled in the U.S., etc. maybe your vehicle was coded incorrectly (something other than Netherlands), so a Genius rep could look into that for you
Hmm, yes perhaps.. because the local BMW dealer(s) don't know what to do with this situation. They won't even wanna look to it and they are saying it has to do something with the settings bla bla..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 05:31 AM   #12
Maheey1008
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKSiNG View Post
Maheey1008
What driving assistance package does your car have?

I used to drive a G21 in Germany with the Driving Assistance Pro, so the car would “self-drive” and the cruise would accelerate and slow down according to the speed limits.

On frequent trips through the Netherlands, I would notice a similar message and it would mean for my car, that the cruise would stop adjusting itself to the prevailing speed, but act as a more regular cruise control by simply sticking to the speed manually set.
Once I hit the Belgian border or the German border on the way back, the full system would be engaged again.

I think this is due to some local regulation in Holland.
Have you been across the border to see if the cruise behaviour changes?
I've got the same: Driving Assistance Pro. When I put CC to 130kmh for example, it adjusts its speed to the car in front and accelerates when its moving out of the way. Works perfectly fine.. I've been on a EU trip last summer, had this notification in every country I've been to...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #13
MaKSiNG
Private
Rep

So just to confirm; in Germany, if your cruise is set, when the limit changes from 100km/h to 130km/h, did the cruise adapt automatically and did the car accelerate to the new limit?

If not, then I guess this is something that is coded specifically to your car since it is a Dutch vehicle. That would be annoying.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:12 AM   #14
MaKSiNG
Private
Rep

Quote:
interesting. so it appears the ‘active’ portion of the cruise control that maintains a certain distance is disabled in the Netherlands?
I am not sure about this part. I don’t think the active part which maintains the distance to the other cars in front is necessarily disabled. Just the part where the active cruise adjusts the cars speed to the current speed limit, if there is no car in front.
At least that was my experience when I passed through Holland.

In fact, I am not sure if the speed limit adaptive part works in the US since I do not yet have a vehicle with the Driving Assistance Pro here.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:20 AM   #15
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am not sure about this part. I don’t think the active part which maintains the distance to the other cars in front is necessarily disabled. Just the part where the active cruise adjusts the cars speed to the current speed limit, if there is no car in front.

At least that was my experience when I passed through Holland.

In fact, I am not sure if the speed limit adaptive part works in the US since I do not yet have a vehicle with the Driving Assistance Pro here.
oh, got it!

I’m believe that feature isn’t enabled here in the U.S., but only through special coding. in my MY21 45e with DAPP, I’ve taken 5 road trips this year and never had automatic speed limit changes while in cruise control, even with no other cars around me.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #16
MaKSiNG
Private
Rep

Ah ok, so then it will work the same way it seemed to work in the Netherlands.

The adaptive speed limit control is really quite neat when it works especially when you come to areas where the limit reduces and you might have missed the sign, since the car slows down automatically.

But it can also be incredibly frustrating, as you might have noticed, the car does not always recognise what the correct speed limit actually is, so you do sometimes need to override that part manually. Occasionally very quickly as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #17
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah ok, so then it will work the same way it seemed to work in the Netherlands.

The adaptive speed limit control is really quite neat when it works especially when you come to areas where the limit reduces and you might have missed the sign, since the car slows down automatically.

But it can also be incredibly frustrating, as you might have noticed, the car does not always recognise what the correct speed limit actually is, so you do sometimes need to override that part manually. Occasionally very quickly as well.
yes that’s nice! while the changed speed limits are recognized and reflected in the instrument cluster, the vehicle while in cruise control doesn’t automatically change its speed. several years ago, I could’ve used that feature when driving through a 55 > 45 > 35mph zone in a short span. apparently I didn’t slow down fast enough!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 10:04 PM   #18
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

The message has to do with the region you are in. I believe if you code the KAFAS 40F8 - VFW_Country_Variant_Mode from Baustand_1903 - to all "FF" this will go away. My X5 was giving me the same message when I coded the aTLA, and aSLA, after I changed these codes, it went away.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 01:28 AM   #19
radulianis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 440I BMW M850I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
The message has to do with the region you are in. I believe if you code the KAFAS 40F8 - VFW_Country_Variant_Mode from Baustand_1903 - to all "FF" this will go away. My X5 was giving me the same message when I coded the aTLA, and aSLA, after I changed these codes, it went away.
Hello,

I have m850i, g15 from 10/2018, it's national version Romania, i get the same pop-up with affected behaviour. I asked someone about your solution and he said that one some vehicles, this coding might not work. Do you have any ideea about this?
Appreciate 0