BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-17-2023, 06:15 PM   #1
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X50e with Executive P

(SOLVED) Question Mark next to cellular signal indicator

I was just updated to the latest iDrive software 2023/11-525 and I have a question mark icon next to my cellular signal level. This wasn't the case with the July software.

Do I need to enable the phone option on the mobile device menu, even though I am using CarPlay for the phone too? The CarPlay menu shows the correct signal strength when I use it.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the phone (iPhone 15 Pro Max with the latest iOS) from the Mobile Devices section. I have also rebooted the phone.

My phone did have two eSIMS activated for some reason earlier this week due to an AT&T screwup on my account, but I deleted that and paired again to the BMW from scratch, so I don't think that's causing the issues.

Name:  Question Mark.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  164.9 KB

Last edited by krypttic; 11-17-2023 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 11:57 PM   #2
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well, I figured out what was going on. When AT&T was mucking around with my account, they disabled IMEI and activated IMEI2 instead. From reading other threads, BMW will only display the cellular signal for IMEI (#1) on the iDrive screen, even if IMEI2 is the one activated and working.

I called AT&T and have them switch the eSIM to IMEI and the cellular bars are showing on the screen now.

If you want to check and see with IMEI is activated, go to Settings--->General---> About and see if IMEI is listed under ESIM. IMEI2 will be listed under "Available SIM" underneath, since you can activate it as a separate line. If IMEI2 is listed under ESIM as activated, then your bars won't show up on the iDrive screen. You'll just get the question mark instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 03:26 PM   #3
jmatero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

Garage List
OMG this is happening on my new iX and was driving me NUTS! I'm in your debt, sir!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 04:50 PM   #4
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
OMG this is happening on my new iX and was driving me NUTS! I'm in your debt, sir!
lol, yeah it was super annoying. I’m glad you got it sorted.
Appreciate 0