nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFT View Post
[...]I was tracking the gas usage manually, but the car will do the same thing with some reliability on an extended drive and it registered that we averaged of 8.8 litres/100 km, which Google translated to almost 27 MPG US gallon. Not bad for a 5700 lb vehicle.
on the 5 road trips i've taken within the last year, my 45e logged 26-27mpg (mainly Hybrid, sometimes Adaptive, occasional Battery Control @ 30%)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 12:48 AM   #24
Nick1150
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 G87 & 2023 X5 50e G05

Dear all,

After ±500 kms with my new 50e, I can say for sure that battery hold feature is a total disappointment, and the cons of the 50e stop there!

Yes I feel that I cannot find any negative to this vehicle, except battery hold feature.

And let me explain... The car gives me almost 100 kms on a full charge and my daily commuting is 65 kms, so that leaves me ±30 kms when I get back home from work. So for my daily use is covered on a pure electric (hybrid) use.

BUT, we also use the car for trips, weekends, etc, and given that our trips are mostly on the mountains or islands (we are situated in Greece), so non cosmopolitan environment, which has as a result charging to be difficult, we found ourselves with zero battery many times.

Also, I do not believe that there is a hardware difference between 50e and 45e (I am no expert, just guessing), since the 50e charges indeed the battery when on battery hold, but gives only 1 or 2 or maybe 3 kms of pure electric range to the vehicle.

Given the above, I would say that a software update, which will allow the user to charge the battery to which level he or she wants 0% to 100%, when on battery hold, is not only preferable, but also needed for this vehicle, which after all is not designed as a city car, but as a daily and at the same time as a touring kilometer crasher...

Fuel consumption is then a decision of the user, given that he or she may want higher consumption but spare electric range or the opposite.

Just my 2 cents as a 50e user.

Ps. The fact that battery hold is not charging is so annoying to me that in our next long family trips we will use our Jeep Grand Cherokee instead given that charging options in the country side is not possible.
Appreciate 1
dwwStL161.50