Tek-dad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 20 X5 M60i 24 i5 M60 24 X7 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Here you go.
Nice build!

I went with Black Sapphire/ Ivory extended interior. Never had a white interior before but the Ivory isn’t too in your face white. It’s a bit subdued. Otherwise similar builds.

I went with the DHP instead of the BW Stereo. I’m positive I’m going to regret not getting the BW but if that’s he worst complaint I got I’m doing OK.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:48 PM   #156
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-dad View Post
Nice build!

I went with Black Sapphire/ Ivory extended interior. Never had a white interior before but the Ivory isn’t too in your face white. It’s a bit subdued. Otherwise similar builds.

I went with the DHP instead of the BW Stereo. I’m positive I’m going to regret not getting the BW but if that’s he worst complaint I got I’m doing OK.
I really debated getting Artic Grey with Ivory or Mineral White with Coffee. There were two deciding factors - one, my wife liked the white better. Two, the promo car that BMW first released in 2019 is what was made me want the G05 so bad. That had MW with 22" so I stuck with my "dream".

I really struggled with B&W vs DHP. I had to keep my final build withing budget, so those were the options I had to "compromise" on. I consider myself a bit of an audiophile so I figured I would get more out of that option than the DHP. Coming from an ML350, the M-Adaptive is already an upgrade, so I don't know what I'm missing with the DHP. So that was my logic in a nut shell. Now as long as I don't drive a DHP variant of my car, I think I'll be OK with that "compromise".
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #157
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
If the dealership has an allocation available, you should get the production number as soon as they put in the order.

I put in my order on a Saturday. CA said he can't input orders on the weekend. By EOB that Monday I had a production number.
they did say an allocation was available so hopefully eob today then. thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #158
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
they did say an allocation was available so hopefully eob today then. thank you
Yep. My understanding is that as soon as they put in the order (chances are they're just adjusting an order already in queue) they can run a VIR and give you the production number. I blocked out my production number, but it should be there for you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #159
Tek-dad
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I really debated getting Artic Grey with Ivory or Mineral White with Coffee. There were two deciding factors - one, my wife liked the white better. Two, the promo car that BMW first released in 2019 is what was made me want the G05 so bad. That had MW with 22" so I stuck with my "dream".

I really struggled with B&W vs DHP. I had to keep my final build withing budget, so those were the options I had to "compromise" on. I consider myself a bit of an audiophile so I figured I would get more out of that option than the DHP. Coming from an ML350, the M-Adaptive is already an upgrade, so I don't know what I'm missing with the DHP. So that was my logic in a nut shell. Now as long as I don't drive a DHP variant of my car, I think I'll be OK with that "compromise".
If the B&W was like $1000 cheaper I would have gone for it with the DHP. No doubt. The reality is most of the time I’m in my car listening to Howard Stern or sports radio so while I appreciate great sounding music I couldn’t justify it. I swear next time I build one I’m getting everything (except night vision!)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #160
airbenji
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X4 M40i

Garage List
2017 X4 M40i  [0.00]
2020 X6 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yep. My understanding is that as soon as they put in the order (chances are they're just adjusting an order already in queue) they can run a VIR and give you the production number. I blocked out my production number, but it should be there for you.
Yep - This is exactly how my order went. Picked it up on 11/30...that's why I've been absent here...out driving!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #161
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
If the B&W was like $1000 cheaper I would have gone for it with the DHP. No doubt. The reality is most of the time I’m in my car listening to Howard Stern or sports radio so while I appreciate great sounding music I couldn’t justify it. I swear next time I build one I’m getting everything (except night vision!)
Yep - I hear that (no pun intended). The other thing that swayed me to the B&W is the fact that there's an aesthetic aspect to it with the brushed speaker grills and ambient lighting. I really liked how that all looked.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #162
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats. The wait isn’t easy but this thread helps!
I sent my SA the build order today, confirming what we wanted (we're getting things others have said 'locks in' your build making it impossible to change so i went over it 4 times). he said he's gonna submit the order to his manager and email me a production number. I didn't ask him how long that may take, but that's the first step right? How long do you think it may take for me to expect a production number?
Factory ordered a 2020 M340i and a 2020 X5 (40i) on 7/17. Left the dealer with my production number for the M340i but not my X5. Order locked immediately of course but I didn't get a production number until 9/6. I was miserable. And when my CA texted me my production number then I was so over the moon excited only to find out my scheduled production week wasn't until November at that point. I was bipolar for months LOL. Dealer had plenty of allocation there was just something with my individual options that held everything up. Oh well. Wait, while awful, was so worth it; car is so awesome you'll love it!
Appreciate 1
thereef5101163.00
      12-09-2019, 07:37 PM   #163
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
Factory ordered a 2020 M340i and a 2020 X5 (40i) on 7/17. Left the dealer with my production number for the M340i but not my X5. Order locked immediately of course but I didn't get a production number until 9/6. I was miserable. And when my CA texted me my production number then I was so over the moon excited only to find out my scheduled production week wasn't until November at that point. I was bipolar for months LOL. Dealer had plenty of allocation there was just something with my individual options that held everything up. Oh well. Wait, while awful, was so worth it; car is so awesome you'll love it!
Within a few hours of us confirming our order details, he sent me the production number and I added it to our 'my bmw' profile, so i'm happy about that. we'll see how quickly bmw says what the ETA will be. I ordered the blue/white interior which I heard takes more time and we may do a PCD
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #164
Tek-dad
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yep - I hear that (no pun intended). The other thing that swayed me to the B&W is the fact that there's an aesthetic aspect to it with the brushed speaker grills and ambient lighting. I really liked how that all looked.
For sure. I’d say about 60% of my regret is because of the cool way it looks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #165
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
For sure. I’d say about 60% of my regret is because of the cool way it looks!!
I guarantee that after 0.01 seconds of driving the car you won't even remember you didn't get the B&W. The problem with these custom orders is you have weeks to stew over the "what if" options. Unless you are fortunate enough to check ALL the boxes, there will always be a twinge of doubt. That all will end the second you drive off though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #166
Tek-dad
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I guarantee that after 0.01 seconds of driving the car you won't even remember you didn't get the B&W. The problem with these custom orders is you have weeks to stew over the "what if" options. Unless you are fortunate enough to check ALL the boxes, there will always be a twinge of doubt. That all will end the second you drive off though.
You know me too well!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #167
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Quote:
Within a few hours of us confirming our order details, he sent me the production number and I added it to our 'my bmw' profile, so i'm happy about that. we'll see how quickly bmw says what the ETA will be. I ordered the blue/white interior which I heard takes more time and we may do a PCD
That's awesome news then! Fortunately they built mine earlier than what was scheduled (estimated production was 10/28 and it was done 10/24). I had a lot of fun tracking similar VINs and forecasting my own estimated completion date. I had a spreadsheet going tracking it all and at one point I found myself getting up early so I had an appropriate amount of time to update my figures before work.

This thread in particular I find hilarious and enjoy reading because I get it. I probably should've checked myself into some sort of support group in retrospect. But you know what? I had forecasted my car to be done early by like the second week in October! I was proud of myself.

These are also my first vehicles that I will only hand wash. I have a waterless wash kit that I really like but sadly have a detached, non-heated garage in Wisconsin that really is pissing me off. A little over a month ago I looked at getting my garage finished which includes running a natural gas line, installing and venting a heater, finishing and insulating the garage (like 1100 square feet). Like 7-10 grand or so out the door. So you know what I decided to do? Build a new house. A garage with running water, drains, epoxy floor, heated, attached...actively engaged with a builder as we speak

But really it's a fun addiction. I'm starting to get active with my local BMWCCA chapter too and it's a lot of fun - you guys really should, too! Lots of like minded car guys (and gals) like us.
Appreciate 2
thereef5101163.00
Tek-dad136.50
      12-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #168
mhodx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i ordered

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For sure. I'd say about 60% of my regret is because of the cool way it looks!!
Agreed. The aesthetics are nice. You may be able to upgrade the speakers on the Harmon for better sound if you desire.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #169
mhodx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight. I am tempted to stay up so I won't miss the production steps. Lol. The wife thinks I'm crazy.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #170
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight. I am tempted to stay up so I won't miss the production steps. Lol. The wife thinks I'm crazy.
Here's what's going to happen... You'll fall asleep but then probably wake around 3am and check the tracker.... No change, you'll be bummed out... Then check again around 7am... Boom! Don't ask how I know :
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #171
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But really it's a fun addiction. I'm starting to get active with my local BMWCCA chapter too and it's a lot of fun - you guys really should, too! Lots of like minded car guys (and gals) like us.
that's a good idea, i'm about to sign up for the membership for the rebate anyway so why not
Appreciate 1
mhodx5111.50
      12-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #172
mhodx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here's what's going to happen... You'll fall asleep but then probably wake around 3am and check the tracker.... No change, you'll be bummed out... Then check again around 7am... Boom! Don't ask how I know :
Someone should come up with an app that checks the production status and sends a text message to your phone.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:37 PM   #173
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Someone should come up with an app that checks the production status and sends a text message to your phone.
you would think as much as BMW pushes their connecteddrive app, they could easily integrate this into that app. I already get all kinds of creepy notifications from that app about when I should be leaving for some place based on a text message conversation I had with a friend :/

btw does anyone know how much 'extra' time adding the blue/white interior adds to your build?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #174
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol who on earth actually gets that night vision option? Like you i listen to a lot of podcasts and sports talk but after hearing the B&W system, I now know what I'm missing. When I do crank it in our f15 with the HK, it struggles at higher volumes. So usually I just kind of wait to get home and listen at home, where I have a proper system.

If you really think about it, the B&W system is 3k basically, since no one gets the stock stereo and the HK is 800 by itself. you're just spending another 3k on top of what you'd otherwise spend. but the DHP is definitely cool too if you do a lot of spirited driving, which I dont since im waaay too scared of suv rollover to ever want to try no matter how much this model lulls me into a sense of security
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #175
Tek-dad
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. The aesthetics are nice. You may be able to upgrade the speakers on the Harmon for better sound if you desire.
Looking back I should have added the B&W. But I’ll be fine without it. If I want to rock and roll, my wife’s Navigator has the Revel audio system and that sounds fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:50 AM   #176
mhodx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You were right! Just checked at 4:45am skipped to entering assembly line from production begins.
Appreciate 0