BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #23
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Wait....so was the X6M the impulse buy, or were just the interior upgrades the impulse buy? lol
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #24
MooseCaboose
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with a doge

I sort of agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenopoly View Post
maybe i'm the only one...but I'm beginning to think all this lighting is starting to look very tacky. Also I agree with jason60051 the digital cockpit is lacking. bring back the anology tachs.
      04-17-2020, 12:26 PM   #25
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

No

It looks IDENTICAL to my 2019 M850i. Why do they all look alike? No imagination, no creativity, or just no engineering?
Or is it just cheaper to make everything look the same? Cheaper cost to manufacture, cheaper teaching employees, cheaper maintenance; and therefore higher profit margins???
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #26
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Wish I could impulse buy an X6M. My impulse buys are potato chips.
Appreciate 10
chicagofan0018923.00
///M4TT150.00
Igor_M52127.50
premier3is1627.00
Wild Blue3676.50
lab_rat394.50
bobalis51.50
CMBX2346.00
      04-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #27
bimmerboy71195
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: alpine white 340xi

Absolutely gorgeous amazing what Bmw can do
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #28
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
maybe i'm the only one...but I'm beginning to think all this lighting is starting to look very tacky. Also I agree with jason60051 the digital cockpit is lacking. bring back the anology tachs.
I agree, it is way over the top for my tastes.
Appreciate 2
Teutonic2706.00
      04-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #29
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksmit View Post
This is the impulse buy, had lots of requests for interior. Things are slow so I thought you all might enjoy the night time pics..
You missed a great opportunity to set your idrive to say "Welcome Captain Kirk" hehe
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #30
rideontwo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VaNOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
Digital cockpit leaves a lot to be desired. Totally subjective but I'm just not a fan of this look.
In agreement with you here. As if the screens are not a big enough distraction. Ohh how dearly do I miss the faint red/orange glow in m E46. It was simple, elegant, all business and easy on the eyes, especially at night during long trips.

To each their own I suppose.
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #31
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Thanks for the amazing pic!

I like the interior lighting and for those who think it's too much, can always dim the lights or turn them off completely if that the only deterrent in getting into this model car.

OP, from your experience with both the X6MC and the Urus... what do you think of the interior materials in these cars?

Watching reviews on both cars, my eyes say the X6 interion has been crafted with higher quality materials compared to what I can see in the Urus, but this is a comparison that can only be done by the sense of touch, not video.

Please let me know what you think of the interior builds for these two machines.

Thank you!
      04-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #32
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

🔥🔥🔥
      04-17-2020, 09:00 PM   #33
kirksmit
Rep
Drives: BMW x6 M competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
Looks awesome. But Mercedes is still #1 when it comes to my interior lighting
I like the MB interiors as well, I did not like the MB SUVs compared to the X5 or X6 however. I love everything about the AMG 63 GT S including the interior.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:01 PM   #34
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
You missed a great opportunity to set your idrive to say "Welcome Captain Kirk" hehe
yep...your right. I will change it tomorrow and re-post. Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:06 PM   #35
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideontwo View Post
In agreement with you here. As if the screens are not a big enough distraction. Ohh how dearly do I miss the faint red/orange glow in m E46. It was simple, elegant, all business and easy on the eyes, especially at night during long trips.

To each their own I suppose.
The first BMW I rode in was my best friend's parents back in the 80s. It was a 3 series, and it had that amazing orange/red glow. The memory of that is to this day my favorite interior and i really miss the analog dials. The only thing is, all these higher end cars and SUVs have the over the top digital displays. After having driven it for a while, i am getting used to the controls and displays and i like them. I set the ambient lights to Orange, and it kind of resembles that original orange glow. But not completely
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50
      04-17-2020, 09:09 PM   #36
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez_7 View Post
Wow that looks sick! Do the footwell lights stay on whilst driving too?
yes, they do and you can dim them
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:18 PM   #37
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

I like the interior lighting and for those who think it's too much, can always dim the lights or turn them off completely if that the only deterrent in getting into this model car.

OP, from your experience with both the X6MC and the Urus... what do you think of the interior materials in these cars?

Watching reviews on both cars, my eyes say the X6 interion has been crafted with higher quality materials compared to what I can see in the Urus, but this is a comparison that can only be done by the sense of touch, not video.

Please let me know what you think of the interior builds for these two machines.

Thank you!
The BMW feels like better materials, and i like the displays better. The URUS is really over the top with so many screens and airplane cockpit like buttons. And the Urus start button annoyed me having to lift the defcon 4 lever and then push the on button. The Interior materials of the BMW are better and feel better. The Leather seems nicer on the BMW. The Seats of the Lambo look great, but they are not memorable. The seats on the X6M are 100% the best i have ever sat in. I really like the way they can be configured to support you in all directions. The seat belt pulls you in as you step on the gas which is startling at first and then fun. The massage and cooled functions are great. The exterior of the Lambo is to me better, and by far the best looking Performance SUV of all any ever. If someone wanted to trade the BMW for the Urus, i guess i would say yes, but i might regret it.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #38
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseCaboose View Post
I sort of agree
How did you find my pictures????
Appreciate 1
///M4TT150.00
      04-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #39
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Very nice, do the speakers only light up in blue?
you can adjust the color. The pictures have it set to white.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:31 PM   #40
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
It looks IDENTICAL to my 2019 M850i. Why do they all look alike? No imagination, no creativity, or just no engineering?
Or is it just cheaper to make everything look the same? Cheaper cost to manufacture, cheaper teaching employees, cheaper maintenance; and therefore higher profit margins???
Both also share the same V8 Engine as well. The upper end BMWs have many of the same components. My son's 2020 3 series has a different display. I guess it is more of a tier level component treatment. So many cars are cross platform now. The Audi Q8 RS will share many of the same components as the Urus...modern manufacturing i guess.
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2020, 09:44 PM   #41
kirksmit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Is that line in the middle of the screen in the cluster just in the pictures? Or is it there in real life?

The car looks great by the way!
it is the factory plastic protector. My wife is from Venezuela and she leaves them on her car. I guess i picked up the habit. I guess it is like people who leave the tags on new clothing or cover their living room furniture with clear plastic. People from humble beginnings do these things sometimes. It reminds me who i am.
Appreciate 2
///M4TT150.00
f82fanatic1043.00
      04-18-2020, 02:17 AM   #42
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksmit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

Thank you!
The BMW feels like better materials, and i like the displays better. The URUS is really over the top with so many screens and airplane cockpit like buttons. And the Urus start button annoyed me having to lift the defcon 4 lever and then push the on button. The Interior materials of the BMW are better and feel better. The Leather seems nicer on the BMW. The Seats of the Lambo look great, but they are not memorable. The seats on the X6M are 100% the best i have ever sat in. I really like the way they can be configured to support you in all directions. The seat belt pulls you in as you step on the gas which is startling at first and then fun. The massage and cooled functions are great. The exterior of the Lambo is to me better, and by far the best looking Performance SUV of all any ever. If someone wanted to trade the BMW for the Urus, i guess i would say yes, but i might regret it.
Thanks for the write up! Everything you said described what it looks like when watching countless reviews on both cars.

The information you've provided helps a lot... and doesn't help at all, lol
      04-18-2020, 04:14 AM   #43
MParallel
Mr. OEM
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '98 E36 M3 AW/Black 1 of 12

Quote:
Definitely not. Count me in.

Not too long ago, having this kind of lighting in your car, you’d be considered a complete chav and it screams ‘Autostyle tuning’.

Some mood ambient light is nice, but this beats my local club’s lightshow, which can’t be good.

I also dislike the tiny climate control display.
Appreciate 2
Teutonic2706.00
      04-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #44
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

The best compromise was the all-black dash with real needles and the MFD display below. This looks terrible now, and it will age even worse.
Appreciate 1