BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-01-2023, 05:57 PM   #1
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Assisted Driving Plus poor highway mapping

2024 X5 40i. ID8

Last night I wanted to test out the Assisted Driving Plus so I drove about 30km West on Highway 1 (Trans Canada Hightway - THE main highway across Canada). At no point was I ever notified that Assisted Driving Plus was available.

I checked the map today and didn't see the "Assisted Plus" icon after selecting "Suggestions". There is an option in the menu to reset all assisted driving settings so I did that. After that the "Assisted Plus" icon showed in the maps. However, Highway 1 does not show as being available for "Assisted Plus" since it's not highlighted in green. A roadway that encircles the city does show up as green (which is ok).

I'll have to try driving Highway 1 again to see if "Assisted Plus" works on it or not. Anyone else seeing weirdness with roads that should obviously be compatible, but are not? Yes, it's a divided highway with clear lane markings.

Rob
Attached Images

Last edited by Rob_G77; 11-02-2023 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 06:27 PM   #2
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Not sure about your part of Canada, but here in Ontario my >limited testing< is that it works well on 400-Series highways but not so well on other highways (e.g. Highway 27).

That said I have less than 1000km on my X5 so my testing is very limited.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 11:58 PM   #3
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1 View Post
Not sure about your part of Canada, but here in Ontario my >limited testing< is that it works well on 400-Series highways but not so well on other highways (e.g. Highway 27).

That said I have less than 1000km on my X5 so my testing is very limited.
I did more testing tonight and scrolling east into Alberta shows more "green" highways. Hardly anything is mapped for Saskatchewan though. And it's odd that the Highway 11 bypass around Regina is partially mapped, but has sections that are not? Then Highway 1 itself is not mapped at all for the entirety it runs across Saskatchewan!

This is a big WTF BMW, why is your mapping so incomplete?

Rob
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 12:55 AM   #4
PandaBaBa
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 x40i

Hi, I got the same problem. Where did you find the option to reset all assisted driving settings?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0