BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-22-2024, 01:16 PM   #1
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Enel X Juice box, no long I will recommend

As much as I like the Juice box hardware and want to support local business, the current Enel app and server is just bad. Prior to the migration, the app was simple, fast and reliably (in a sense that I set it in app, the hardware take that setting) . There was a webpage we can also log into see more information. Post migration, the web access capability was removed. It would have been OK if the app is as good as before, but the apps is spotty, slow and quite unreliable.

My current encounter, my Juice box has been randomly assigning charging window. It will stop charging at 9:48pm and resume at noon of next day. If I were to change the window in the app, it appeared to take it. But when I close and reopen the app, old wrong setting persisted. To make it worse, I tried to log out and log back in, and log in process failed. Enel app says my account doesn't exist. Customer support can find my account and Juicebox, but cannot help me log in. It has been like this since for a week. Basically, I cannot charge my 45e a home in this kind of charging window

Does with Juicebox has similar issue?
      01-22-2024, 01:25 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
i'm also very unhappy with the current operation of my JuiceBox. i have two of them, but only one acts differently; it starts charging at 16A but then decreases to 8A. usually, it stays that rate until fully charged but sometimes it will go back up to 16A. i know it's not my utility company's demand response program, because it will do this behavior at non-peak/demand times, and my other JuiceBox is happily charging at 16A without fail. i don't have any charging time slots programmed in either the vehicle or the app.

regarding the new Enel X Way app, it's not as smooth as the previous JuiceNet app. load sharing is not actual load sharing that adjusts the charge rates between two vehicles dynamically as it did before the migration.

in the mornings while preconditioning, it no longer turns on to recharge what's been lost from preconditioning, so my electric range is no longer optimized at the beginning of my commute.

i've reported these issues and Donald has been very receptive to the feedback. i hope some good comes from the developers to improve it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 02:01 PM   #3
mscot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Did you guys buy it at Costco? If so, return it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 03:11 PM   #4
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscot View Post
Did you guys buy it at Costco? If so, return it.
Not this one. I initially bought Costco one and realized the cable is only 20ft. So I returned and bought directly from EnelX