BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
jstew87
Rep
Drives: x5

Finally picking up my X5 that I had put a deposit down on in November via PCD. Received a production number mid February and it was built on March 8th. X line, exec package, phytonic blue/tarfuto, 21 inch bi color wheels. Only items it doesn't have are Night vision, IAS, B&W sound, and rear seat entertainment. Has everything else (including third row). Is it realistic to expect the latest software updates to be installed? So far I've been treated like royalty from the moment I was picked up from the airport. Can't wait to see how the actually PCD is tomorrow.
Appreciate 2
MystroX56283.50
Wild Blue3682.50
      04-03-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Looking forward to your report. I don’t believe it will have the very latest software as the production line doesn’t get the very latest firmware always. I believe the latest large update is due in June.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
BK_BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW G05 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstew87 View Post
Finally picking up my X5 that I had put a deposit down on in November via PCD. Received a production number mid February and it was built on March 8th. X line, exec package, phytonic blue/tarfuto, 21 inch bi color wheels. Only items it doesn't have are Night vision, IAS, B&W sound, and rear seat entertainment. Has everything else (including third row). Is it realistic to expect the latest software updates to be installed? So far I've been treated like royalty from the moment I was picked up from the airport. Can't wait to see how the actually PCD is tomorrow.
I picked mine up from the PC last week and it did not have the latest. Don't let that worry you on the first day, you'll still have a blast! Keep your eye out on the tour too, you might just see an X3M or X4M roll off the line like we did!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #4
jstew87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_BMW View Post
Quote:
I picked mine up from the PC last week and it did not have the latest. Don't let that worry you on the first day, you'll still have a blast! Keep your eye out on the tour too, you might just see an X3M or X4M roll off the line like we did!
I'm looking forward to it! Mystro - like you, I came from a Grand Cherokee. I noticed your posts on the GC forum and I'm looking forward to having a similar experience as you going from the GC to an X5, although you went big boy with the 5.0. I'm going with the more than adequate for me inline 6.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 05:55 AM   #5
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Ours didn't have the latest firmware but has only had a couple minor glitches so we're in no rush to get it upgraded (unless it fixes the high-pitched noise coming from behind the dash).
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
jstew87
Rep

I won't go into detail about my experience since it pretty much reflects what others have said, but I will repeat their sentiments in that if you have the opportunity to do PCD, do it without hesitation. By far, it's one of the best ways to pick up a new car. Everyone one of the staff at the hotel and the performance center and factory was absolutely excellent. Drove her 600 miles home and not a hiccup. Glad to be a part of the BMW family.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
VTENGR1052.50
      04-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #7
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
I won't go into detail about my experience since it pretty much reflects what others have said, but I will repeat their sentiments in that if you have the opportunity to do PCD, do it without hesitation. By far, it's one of the best ways to pick up a new car. Everyone one of the staff at the hotel and the performance center and factory was absolutely excellent. Drove her 600 miles home and not a hiccup. Glad to be a part of the BMW family.
I live your wrinkles, pretty unnoticeable! Congrats looks beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 06:57 PM   #8
bmwmgens
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 LimeRock M2 - F80 '16 6MT

Quote:
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy this beautiful car in good health. I'm scheduled to pick up mine on the 26th and wondering if you drove Ms on the track as part of the experience. When I picked up my F80 4 years ago, I got to drive the M around the track and I can't recall if that was because I was picking up an M or if that's a standard PCD experience. I recall off-roading in X5s as well. I also recall others picking up other cars including X5s. I appreciate the insight.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 04:18 AM   #9
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmgens View Post
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy this beautiful car in good health. I'm scheduled to pick up mine on the 26th and wondering if you drove Ms on the track as part of the experience. When I picked up my F80 4 years ago, I got to drive the M around the track and I can't recall if that was because I was picking up an M or if that's a standard PCD experience. I recall off-roading in X5s as well. I also recall others picking up other cars including X5s. I appreciate the insight.
Sadly no M experience (driving) unless you are taking delivery of a new M car. You drive a like model of your delivery vehicle on the tracks.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 06:20 AM   #10
jstew87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Quote:
Sadly no M experience (driving) unless you are taking delivery of a new M car. You drive a like model of your delivery vehicle on the tracks.
Yes, and the only other car you drive is a 3 series around the wet track to demonstrate DSC being on and off.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 07:27 AM   #11
bmwmgens
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Quote:
Yes, and the only other car you drive is a 3 series around the wet track to demonstrate DSC being on and off.
The G05 on the track sounds good to me! :
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #12
specracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS HS 6MT M8 Comp

We were there Wednesday the 3rd. Was a lot of fun. 1050 miles home for us.

On the tour of the factory, along the back wall behind the line, up on lifts, saw ~half a dozen X3M's.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #13
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by specracer View Post
We were there Wednesday the 3rd. Was a lot of fun. 1050 miles home for us.

On the tour of the factory, along the back wall behind the line, up on lifts, saw ~half a dozen X3M's.
Nice, I wanna do PCD by the end of the year as well. We’re deciding between the X5 or the X3M. What were your initial thoughts on it when you saw them? Did it wow you or was it kinda bleh the way it can appear in pictures?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #14
AKhome
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 2005 X5 week 11 X5 40i

We are very excited to finally be close to picking up our 2019 X5 40i Sunstone (yes Sunstone) Tartufu, fineline stripe. We hope we like the colors as we have never seen them in real life.💁*♀️ 2 questions.....#1 our CA says our paperwork copies we signed for purchasing our car is our "bill of sale" proof we own the car. We live in Alaska and also have to get in and out of Canada w this paperwork. Is that paperwork sufficient to pick up the car w the proof of insurance at PCD? (FYI our BMW Dealership is 350miles away) #2 this will be a very lengthy trip back home we want to order floor liners. I noticed when I go to the BMW parts store they ask for a dealership name. We will b staying a couple days in S.C. with friends. Do I just pick a dealership close to their home?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #15
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I would call a BMW dealer near your friends and talk to their parts dept. Have them order you what you need and explain when you will be picking them up.
Appreciate 1
AKhome4.50
      04-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #16
AKhome
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I would call a BMW dealer near your friends and talk to their parts dept. Have them order you what you need and explain when you will be picking them up.
Thank you Mystro. Ordered the liners at a dealership in South Carolina close to our friends.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #17
bmwmgens
Private
Rep

Well....after a record 16 days in Quality Check, car is now in Awaiting Carrier Assignment status. Having obsessed about the status for some time now, I realize that the tracker doesn't get updated nearly as often as we check it. At the end of the day, the PCD day was unimpaired and I'm scheduled to pick it up at the end of this month. Anyone else here expected to be there?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 11:17 PM   #18
AKhome
Rep

Quote:
Well....after a record 16 days in Quality Check, car is now in Awaiting Carrier Assignment status. Having obsessed about the status for some time now, I realize that the tracker doesn't get updated nearly as often as we check it. At the end of the day, the PCD day was unimpaired and I'm scheduled to pick it up at the end of this month. Anyone else here expected to be there?
April 18th.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #19
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Weird, we both had exactly 16 days in QC. I know you're doing PCD, but good news for me was it actually arrived at my dealership (in western New York) within 4 days of coming out of QC and going to awaiting carrier assignment.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #20
frank19x5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
I'll be there on the 26th as well. Mine was only in QC for a couple of days, but it was in Awaiting Carrier Assignment for a couple of weeks. Just checked, and it has moved to Vehicle Delivered status. My new baby is waiting for me!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 07:15 PM   #21
bmwmgens
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank19x5 View Post
Quote:
I'll be there on the 26th as well.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #22
frank19x5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Appreciate 0