BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #67
VTENGR
Major
423
Rep
1,162
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
Nice! Sounds like they modified a build to speed things up. My CA tried to do that but he couldn't get one I guess. Mine is scheduled for a week 50 build and status is scheduled for production. My guess is I should get a vin number next week.
Same build week as yours. Are you doing performance center delivery?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #68
mhodx5
Private First Class
64
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i ordered
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: GEORGIA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
Nice! Sounds like they modified a build to speed things up. My CA tried to do that but he couldn't get one I guess. Mine is scheduled for a week 50 build and status is scheduled for production. My guess is I should get a vin number next week.
Same build week as yours. Are you doing performance center delivery?
No. I wanted to but my CA said that would add 2 or 3 weeks. Not sure why. I thought it would save time. Are you?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #69
VTENGR
Major
423
Rep
1,162
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
No. I wanted to but my CA said that would add 2 or 3 weeks. Not sure why. I thought it would save time. Are you?
Yep - Also, just checked online and I got my VIN!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #70
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Yep - Also, just checked online and I got my VIN!!
Nice! Congrats! I feel like once I get my VIN I will be checking the site twice as often!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #71
mhodx5
Private First Class
64
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i ordered
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: GEORGIA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
No. I wanted to but my CA said that would add 2 or 3 weeks. Not sure why. I thought it would save time. Are you?
Yep - Also, just checked online and I got my VIN!!
Great! Now I'll have to start checking every 5 minutes for my vin.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #72
airbenji
Enlisted Member
17
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW X4 M40i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 X4 M40i  [0.00]
2020 X6 M50i  [0.00]
Released to carrier and on a truck! The genius told me it should be at my dealer on Sunday or Monday!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #73
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Happy for everyone who has the ball rolling! Iím hoping with these deliveries starting to happen maybe that means they are making room to FINALLY START MINE!!!

Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #74
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

GASP! Just checked the site during a commercial while watching the Lightning-Blackhawks game. Totally expected nothing. Itís moved from Order Received to SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION! Now I want to check twice as often!
Appreciate 1
mhodx563.50

      11-22-2019, 08:18 AM   #75
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Called genius line this morning. Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date. Errr...How does that make sense. I mean it's either scheduled or it isn't. Right? When I schedule something I put it on my calendar! Kind of the definition of scheduled!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #76
VTENGR
Major
423
Rep
1,162
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-dad View Post
Called genius line this morning. Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date. Errr...How does that make sense. I mean it's either scheduled or it isn't. Right? When I schedule something I put it on my calendar! Kind of the definition of scheduled!
If your order follows the timeline of mine you will get "Production Begins" in a few days with your car's VIN. Genius was also able to tell me an estimated completion date. That means you're officially in Status 150. Now depending on your options, you could be in Status 150 state for a few weeks before actual physical production occurs.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 09:02 AM   #77
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
If your order follows the timeline of mine you will get "Production Begins" in a few days with your car's VIN. Genius was also able to tell me an estimated completion date. That means you're officially in Status 150. Now depending on your options, you could be in Status 150 state for a few weeks before actual physical production occurs.
Got it. When you first changed to Scheduled for Production did you also not have a confirmed date?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 09:08 AM   #78
VTENGR
Major
423
Rep
1,162
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-dad View Post
I hear ya. I imagine part of the training to work at the bmw call center is learning how to deal with lunatics like us on the phone!!
My car was in scheduled for production (Status 112) for a few weeks. It took a long time for the web portal to catch up to it because it was showing "Order Received" (Status 111) for the longest time, but the Genius was telling me 112. So to answer your question, No, I did not get a production date at status 112, just an anticipated build week (week 50).

My recent timeline was like this:
Friday, 11/15/19: Web portal switched from "Order Received" to "Scheduled for Production"
Wednesday, 11/20/19: "Production Begins" - now instead of a production number I have a VIN.

Since my anticipated completion date is 12/10 - I image I'll be in "Production Begins" until the first week of December.
Appreciate 2
      11-22-2019, 11:09 AM   #79
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Before I continue let me just say thanks to community here for giving my insanity a sounding board. My wife thinks (knows) I'm nuts.

So I called and got a human. He said my car is listed as in "daily production" He wasn't even sure what is means. He said there was no confirmed date. He said maybe it means they are building it right now. So I said don't tease me!!

Has anyone heard "Daily production" or something along those lines?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #80
VTENGR
Major
423
Rep
1,162
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Just heard from my CA. Told me the earliest I can pick up the car at the PCD is early January. Pretty big bummer considering the car is estimated to be complete 12/10. I was fully expecting it to be home before the end of the year.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #81
TN_3
Major
TN_3's Avatar
United_States
294
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Franklin, TN

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-dad View Post
Before I continue let me just say thanks to community here for giving my insanity a sounding board. My wife thinks (knows) I'm nuts.

So I called and got a human. He said my car is listed as in "daily production" He wasn't even sure what is means. He said there was no confirmed date. He said maybe it means they are building it right now. So I said don't tease me!!

Has anyone heard "Daily production" or something along those lines?
Thanks!
I think he might not be reading the full status...112 is technically "Scheduled for daily production". My guess is it is still in 112, especially since it is not showing a confirmed date.

On a side note, my build went 112 yesterday too, but my build week was scheduled as 1. I have heard that a build can stay in status 112 for weeks, but here's hoping it will go 150 before the first week in January.
__________________
2018 M3 CS F80 l SMB l EXEC

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22Ē l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 01:05 PM   #82
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_3 View Post
I think he might not be reading the full status...112 is technically "Scheduled for daily production". My guess is it is still in 112, especially since it is not showing a confirmed date.

On a side note, my build went 112 yesterday too, but my build week was scheduled as 1. I have heard that a build can stay in status 112 for weeks, but here's hoping it will go 150 before the first week in January.
Makes perfect sense. My dealer said I was also scheduled for first week in January. I just keep hoping they under promise and over deliver!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #83
mhodx5
Private First Class
64
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i ordered
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: GEORGIA

iTrader: (0)

You guys need to stop checking my garage so much. LOL. The site crashed and I can't see what my status is.
Appreciate 1
Tek-dad31.50

      11-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #84
Tek-dad
Private First Class
32
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
You guys need to stop checking my garage so much. LOL. The site crashed and I can't see what my status is.
Too funny!

I have a PCD question. Iím not doing PCD. I thought I read they have classes and stuff there. Canít you just schedule a class there sometime after you get your car and have the same or similar experience?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #85
VTENGR
Major
423
Rep
1,162
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-dad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
You guys need to stop checking my garage so much. LOL. The site crashed and I can't see what my status is.
Too funny!

I have a PCD question. I’m not doing PCD. I thought I read they have classes and stuff there. Can’t you just schedule a class there sometime after you get your car and have the same or similar experience?

TIA
If you do the PCD as part of your car purchase it's at no additional cost to you. I look at it as a white glove delivery of your vehicle because in addition to the road course you get one on one treatment from a genius who walks you through the setup and features of your new ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 03:48 PM   #86
mhodx5
Private First Class
64
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i ordered
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: GEORGIA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek-dad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodx5 View Post
You guys need to stop checking my garage so much. LOL. The site crashed and I can't see what my status is.
Too funny!

I have a PCD question. I’m not doing PCD. I thought I read they have classes and stuff there. Can’t you just schedule a class there sometime after you get your car and have the same or similar experience?

TIA
Yes you can. I believe it is free with PCD but I'm not sure if they charge you if you schedule it later. Maybe someone else can weigh in.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #87
TN_3
Major
TN_3's Avatar
United_States
294
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Franklin, TN

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
Just had my CA check the status in his system. It has indeed gone 112, and my production week moved up to 51! Still going to be hard pressed to get it before the end of the year.
__________________
2018 M3 CS F80 l SMB l EXEC

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22Ē l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #88
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
60
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: G05 xDrive 40i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

My car also moved to scheduled for production sometimes this afternoon because in the morning it was still in order received. I guess I will check like crazy from now on and get my SA crazy.
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xDrive 40i
2017 BMW X6 xDrive 35i - sold
2015 BMW F82 M4 - sold
Appreciate 1
Tek-dad31.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST