BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-15-2020, 11:04 PM   #1
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Camera view with mirror folded

I have a tight garage with opening just about 2300mm wide. X5 width with mirror is about 2218mm. So I don't have much space. My plan is to fold the mirror when entering and backing off the garage. I am wondering how is the camera view looks like when the mirror is folded? I hope the camera is not mounted on the side mirror. Anyone who can share a few picture of the camera view in this condition? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:57 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
I have a tight garage with opening just about 2300mm wide. X5 width with mirror is about 2218mm. So I don't have much space. My plan is to fold the mirror when entering and backing off the garage. I am wondering how is the camera view looks like when the mirror is folded? I hope the camera is not mounted on the side mirror. Anyone who can share a few picture of the camera view in this condition? Thanks
This is view of mine pulling into my parking space and side mirrors are folded.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
The camera is mounted on the mirrors so if you fold them you only have front en rear view. It might be better to keep your mirrors open? Better a scratch on your mirror than the side your car?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:46 PM   #4
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
This is view of mine pulling into my parking space and side mirrors are folded.
Thanks. I guess there's no side view when mirror is folded
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:50 PM   #5
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
The camera is mounted on the mirrors so if you fold them you only have front en rear view. It might be better to keep your mirrors open? Better a scratch on your mirror than the side your car?
I was hoping not to scratch anything

With cars get bigger and bigger, we need a big garage, especially for us in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #6
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was hoping not to scratch anything

With cars get bigger and bigger, we need a big garage, especially for us in Canada.
You're correct better not scratch anything. 4 cm om each side is not a lot. You could fold the mirrors to get in and use the automatic back up assistant to get out of the garage? I haven't tried it yet but I think it doesn't need the 360 camera. I have heard some positive reactions about the precision of this system.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 07:39 PM   #7
H0fmeister
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

Quote:
You're correct better not scratch anything. 4 cm om each side is not a lot. You could fold the mirrors to get in and use the automatic back up assistant to get out of the garage? I haven't tried it yet but I think it doesn't need the 360 camera. I have heard some positive reactions about the precision of this system.
This is what I do because of the slight curve in my driveway that elevates when approaching the house. So, I fold the mirrors right before I pull in to the garage and use the back up assistant to pull out. Awesome feature.