BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-19-2019, 10:10 PM   #133
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfletcher View Post
So been reading through the various forums and coding references. I'm looking for something specific and that is proving hard to find.

I am looking to enable Traffic Jam Assist on All Roads. I did see this listed for an F or E car on some other site (it was one of those for-pay services that do it for you). It would be amazing to get this feature to work on non-divided highways - my daily commute is a 5 lane road of miles and miles of bumper to bumper. Alternatively being able to increase the time between steering wheel grabs would be second best. Not sure if it's the M wheel but you gotta be fairly aggressive with the wheel compared to our Volvo.

Edit: to clarify i already have the full Driving Assistant Pro (5AU) with TJA. It only works on divided highways though...
Setting is in SAS.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 02:19 AM   #134
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
So been reading through the various forums and coding references. I'm looking for something specific and that is proving hard to find.

I am looking to enable Traffic Jam Assist on All Roads. I did see this listed for an F or E car on some other site (it was one of those for-pay services that do it for you). It would be amazing to get this feature to work on non-divided highways - my daily commute is a 5 lane road of miles and miles of bumper to bumper. Alternatively being able to increase the time between steering wheel grabs would be second best. Not sure if it's the M wheel but you gotta be fairly aggressive with the wheel compared to our Volvo.

Edit: to clarify i already have the full Driving Assistant Pro (5AU) with TJA. It only works on divided highways though...
I'm not sure you can.

I've tried to get eTJA working on a UK car, but even with 5AR and the exact settings configured in HU_MGU and SASx, it doesn't work.
Normally they code out unsupported features either with a VO code, and/or with a type code within cafd. The type codes determine what settings will be applied to the car during a VO code - model (e.g. G05) region (e.g. ECE/US), country (e.g. England), options (e.g.5AU), min i-step (e.g. 1907), etc. VO coding occurs during an i-step upgrade, when dealers add features in FA, or when we manually click Code for an ECU. The G0x eTJA feature goes beyond normal coding restrictions best I can tell .

The 3 series handbook states:
"During journeys in countries outside the vehicle's country of origin, Assisted Driving Plus must be available in the country in question.”

This suggests it can use geolocation to determine if the car is on a supported road AND within a supported country or region.

The setting I found to enable all roads, in SAS, is for NHA, which is the new emergency stop - moves onto the side of the road before calling the emergency services.

Can anyone help crack this nut? Enable eTJA outside of North America and Japan, and allow any road?

VO Code: 5AR
SAS2/C_HOO_Vorhanden - Vorhanden or Werte=02 (for i-step 1907 and later)
HU_MGU/Lenkassistent_DCS - Gen_1

Edit: for reference, the funky new Autonomous Driving test features, such as Traffic Light/Stop sign detection, Urban Cruise Control, emergency lane, prevent illegal undertaking, etc, are referenced for use on i-step 07/2020.

Last edited by archivedaccount; 09-20-2019 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #135
imfletcher
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘18XC90,‘13A8L->&#

I'm still waiting on my token, so haven't gotten fully in yet.

I did find this from 2014 that might provide more clues?

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=761604

Quote:
I got my hands a new F11 featuring the new traffic jam assistant. My colleague was not happy with the fact, that it only worked up to 40km/h and that it only worked on highways - 2 settings to fix that:

ICM/3000/C_STA_Einschraenkung - set to "keine Einschränkung" to make it work on all roads
ICM/3000/CQalcRel_v_Tacho_akitv_kmh - set to the max speed you want in hex - I used 0x63 = 99 kmh - because higher values cause the display to show funny characters when the function gets enabled.

There is also a

ICM/3000/CQalcRel_v_Tacho_akitv_mph setting - which I did not change, but you might need to change if your car runs on miles instead of kilometers.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #136
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
I'm still waiting on my token, so haven't gotten fully in yet.

I did find this from 2014 that might provide more clues?

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=761604
Thanks. These worked on the F15 etc, but those codes, or anything similar, do not exist on the G05. In fact, I actually contributed to that thread back in 2014

BMW are taking DA regional regulations more seriously this time. There are probably some very well hidden hex codes to enable test features, or hidden menus via i-drive, but as to what they are is anyone's guess.

They may even be using external devices/tokens to unlock test features.

Last edited by archivedaccount; 09-22-2019 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #137
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post

Edit: for reference, the funky new Autonomous Driving test features, such as Traffic Light/Stop sign detection, Urban Cruise Control, emergency lane, prevent illegal undertaking, etc, are referenced for use on i-step 07/2020.
What?! Wait another year for the stop signs and lights!?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 09:22 AM   #138
punknart
Rep
Drives: X5

Does anybody know about the carplay activation for g05? I just saw a website offering it for $700, quite expensive, but maybe there are others that offer it cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #139
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by punknart View Post
Does anybody know about the carplay activation for g05? I just saw a website offering it for $700, quite expensive, but maybe there are others that offer it cheaper.
Which website ?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #140
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by punknart View Post
Many offer ID5/ID6 for significantly less. I have not seen any who have been able to do FSC codes for ID7.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 02:47 AM   #141
Curamrda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13

Hello,
friend of mine code dash clusters to Alpina view on G05 m50d, but it doesnt work properly. The digital speed is correct, buth the left analog values are almost twice as real.. any ideas why, and how to fix it? thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 04:54 AM   #142
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:

I have an M50i and I can do Assisted on highway and non divided highways. Mine also works are 120mph.. this was tested and I can provide a video.
What version do you have?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 06:28 AM   #143
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curamrda View Post
Hello,
friend of mine code dash clusters to Alpina view on G05 m50d, but it doesnt work properly. The digital speed is correct, buth the left analog values are almost twice as real.. any ideas why, and how to fix it? thank you
Before 07/2019.xx this was a known problem, if you don't have 07/2019 or 11/2019 instep then that's why the speed is off. If you have the newer software then I don't know what the reason is
Did he code with BimmerCode?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 06:33 AM   #144
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Quote:

I have an M50i and I can do Assisted on highway and non divided highways. Mine also works are 120mph.. this was tested and I can provide a video.
Do you mean extended traffic jam assistant for all speeds and roads? If so, can you share your settings?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #145
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
imfletcher is asking about eTJA (5AR) not the standard Drive Assist Pro (5AU).

eTJA only works up to 40mph on highways in specific countries.

If you have a video of your M50i driving completely hands free for >60 seconds @ > 40mph on a non-highway you da man!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 03:11 AM   #146
Curamrda
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Before 07/2019.xx this was a known problem, if you don't have 07/2019 or 11/2019 instep then that's why the speed is off. If you have the newer software then I don't know what the reason is

Yes. he did with bimmercode. So the only solution is flash Dkombi to higher i-step level? I hope there will be no dependencies.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 06:13 AM   #147
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post

Yes. he did with bimmercode. So the only solution is flash Dkombi to higher i-step level? I hope there will be no dependencies.
If you'd want the dash alpina and correct speed, then yes
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #148
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
The solution is to upgrade the car i-step to a newer i-step, ideally 11/2019. I really wouldn't flash a single ECU on the G05, certainly not to get alpina dash fully working!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 03:12 AM   #149
Curamrda
Enlisted Member
Rep

if there will be no other dependencies in TAL... it should be ok to update only one ECU - if you will remember the change .. ofcourse its really not clever update single ECUs with various i-step levels..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #150
coco135
Rep
Drives: 2009 7

Quote:
Can you share the coding or is it a national secret?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 04:42 PM   #151
Xmel`
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Is it possible to code the engine sound inside/outside of the car? Does anyone know the name of ECU and parameters.
Is it really different for x5, x7, some other models?
Imho x5 and x7 with the same engine and ASD sounds different.
I'd like to code my x5 to the x7 version or maybe something else. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #152
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmel` View Post
Is it possible to code the engine sound inside/outside of the car? Does anyone know the name of ECU and parameters.
There appear to be two systems: ASD (Active Sound Design) and ES (Engine Sound). It seems ES is only supported on the V8 engines and ASD is present in all. ES appears to utilize an external active noise cancellation speaker that can also enhance as well as attenuate the exhaust sound on the V8s.

ASD can definitely be coded off and can be controlled live by apps like BimmerLink. I personally don't have direct experience with ES, but others have used 3rd party tools to enhance ES speaker-based sound. Some searching for both are in order on the forum.

I personally don't know whether X7 ASD is different from X5. That's not impossible, but unknown — when I have some time, I (and maybe others) will take a look at the coding around ASD to see if anything pops out.

But perhaps what you're hearing is the difference between ASD and ES. Or perhaps the natural exhaust sounds are different on the two platforms (say due to length differences) and same ASD settings enhance the actual sound on each (which they do, I don't find the ASD sound synthetic but rather an enhancement of actual exhaust sound).
      03-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #153
Xmel`
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmel` View Post
There appear to be two systems: ASD (Active Sound Design) and ES (Engine Sound). It seems ES is only supported on the V8 engines and ASD is present in all. ES appears to utilize an external active noise cancellation speaker that can also enhance as well as attenuate the exhaust sound on the V8s.

ASD can definitely be coded off and can be controlled live by apps like BimmerLink. I personally don't have direct experience with ES, but others have used 3rd party tools to enhance ES speaker-based sound. Some searching for both are in order on the forum.

I personally don't know whether X7 ASD is different from X5. That's not impossible, but unknown — when I have some time, I (and maybe others) will take a look at the coding around ASD to see if anything pops out.

But perhaps what you're hearing is the difference between ASD and ES. Or perhaps the natural exhaust sounds are different on the two platforms (say due to length differences) and same ASD settings enhance the actual sound on each (which they do, I don't find the ASD sound synthetic but rather an enhancement of actual exhaust sound).
Thanks for your comment.
Let me please know if you find some coding settings in ASD and ES.
I suppose as ES you mean that Sport Exhaust that sounds or enhances the sound outside.
So I have tested two same equipped cars X5M50D and X7M50D. Both had ASD and ES.
But inside of the car (windows were closed) the sound was different. X7 had like more burbles in it. And I liked it more. The ES sounded almost the same.
I know that there are external ways for enhancing and control...
But now I'm interested in coding. That was abled by manufacture.
I thought there in ASD and ES should be some parameters specified for x5, x7, 6, 8 ... and so on.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 04:40 AM   #154
JoseSportM
JoseSportM
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Is it possible to code the G05 with e-sys 3.27.1 and luncher pro 2.8.2?
Appreciate 0