BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

coding features into the instrumental cluster & HUD

So I started playing around with bimmercode recently and switched to the M layout and noticed that i've gained new features in my heads up display that i didn't have before (such as info on cruise control, etc) and lost other stuff as well.

so I was wondering if anyone had a list of possible codes to include in the instrumental cluster and HUD ... starting with:

-Add cruise information and other info to the HUD when using BMW layout. (what other items can be displayed?)
- turn on passenger seatbelt warning light (currently disabled by default and im not able to enable it)
- Turn on gear info (ex. D1, D2, D3, etc) while its shifting. Had that on my Audi and enjoyed seeing what gear I was in.
- Possibly adding turn signals to the HUD.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
So I started playing around with bimmercode recently and switched to the M layout and noticed that i've gained new features in my heads up display that i didn't have before (such as info on cruise control, etc) and lost other stuff as well.

so I was wondering if anyone had a list of possible codes to include in the instrumental cluster and HUD ... starting with:

-Add cruise information and other info to the HUD when using BMW layout. (what other items can be displayed?)
- turn on passenger seatbelt warning light (currently disabled by default and im not able to enable it)
- Turn on gear info (ex. D1, D2, D3, etc) while its shifting. Had that on my Audi and enjoyed seeing what gear I was in.
- Possibly adding turn signals to the HUD.
On my HUD in the regular BMW layout, I have cruise control info. It shows me my set speed and whether or not it's active, etc. I'm running 11/2019.40 software version.

For the turn signals in the HUD - I remember reading a post saying that won't be possible for the digital clusters.
Appreciate 0