BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-17-2020, 07:59 PM   #23
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaRenee View Post
Is this on every G05 or a selected option?
You need to have the Driving Assistance Professional package. Without that, it is just standard cruise control.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 01-17-2020 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Corrected package name from driver to driving
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #24
Tmt
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25, BMW 1 F21

We have standard cruise control. Hoever the buttons to increase and decrease distance on the steering wheel are there. When I press them there is a message that this option is disabled. So we could still upgrade to ACC apparently?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 07:01 AM   #25
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmt View Post
We have standard cruise control. Hoever the buttons to increase and decrease distance on the steering wheel are there. When I press them there is a message that this option is disabled. So we could still upgrade to ACC apparently?
You need the Driver Assist Professional (DAP) package (5AU), which includes the radar in the front bumper.

Do you have a front radar? ..its a little black elongated oval shape in the lower center part of the front bumper.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #26
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
There is also a third mode, Assisted Driving Plus (Extended Traffic Jam Assist), that will become available under specific circumstances. Generally it is on Interstate highways although it could be on some other divided highways when you are going under 40mph in a traffic jam.

You can only be in one mode at a time:

1. Cruise with distance control
2. Cruise with distance control and steering, need to touch the wheel every so often.
3. Cruise with distance control and steering, total hands free.
How do I engage #3? I have the Drivers Assistance Professional Pkg.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 09:55 AM   #27
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeynowbababooeyAckAck View Post
When you are on a qualifying highway (it must be a limited access, divided highway, think Interstates) and your speed goes below 40mph (this generally happens by the ACC slowing down but you could brake but then will have to engage the cruise again) the Assisted Driving Plus (that is what extended Traffic Jam Assist is called in iDrive) mode will become available. A message will appear in the IC and on the control display and you press the Mode button to activate it. Here are some pics from my 2019.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
VTENGR1043.50
      01-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #28
Bancroft
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Is there a way to have the Assisted Driving Mode turned on by default? I always have to turn it on by pushing the button on my steering wheel. When I leave my car and come back and start driving again I need to push it again.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #29
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancroft View Post
Is there a way to have the Assisted Driving Mode turned on by default? I always have to turn it on by pushing the button on my steering wheel. When I leave my car and come back and start driving again I need to push it again.
How else would cruise work? It wouldn't be safe to have it take off and automatically resume its last speed when you start it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #30
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When you are on a qualifying highway (it must be a limited access, divided highway, think Interstates) and your speed goes below 40mph (this generally happens by the ACC slowing down but you could brake but then will have to engage the cruise again) the Assisted Driving Plus (that is what extended Traffic Jam Assist is called in iDrive) mode will become available. A message will appear in the IC and on the control display and you press the Mode button to activate it. Here are some pics from my 2019.
Thank you! I’m assuming this is done by pressing the same steering wheel button that I mentioned in my first post? Appreciate all your insight in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #31
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Thank you! I’m assuming this is done by pressing the same steering wheel button that I mentioned in my first post? Appreciate all your insight in this thread!
When the conditions exist, and the car gives you that notification, you simply push the "MODE" button to switch to Assisted Driving PLUS.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #32
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
When the conditions exist, and the car gives you that notification, you simply push the "MODE" button to switch to Assisted Driving PLUS.
Thank you! Appreciate the great responses from you as well in this thread! Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 05:52 PM   #33
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Thank you! Appreciate the great responses from you as well in this thread! Cheers.
Assisted Driving PLUS active.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
volodp193.50
      02-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #34
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. This is helpful.
So basically on an interstate I will be in mode 2 for > 40mph and can be in mode 3 when I go < 40mph.
I had some real life scenario questions.
1. I am in mode3 and traffic starts clearing up and I go >40mph I will be switched to mode2 or I have to press buttons to go to mode 2?

2. In mode 3 or mode 2, lane change assist is just pressing the side indicators? And the car does it in its own when safe?
Also does lane change require me to course correct to remain center in the target lane or is it all done by itself?

3. My SA told me this beautiful story about if I am not paying attention or dozing the car will change lanes and leave the road and stop the car?? True?? I understand it had to be mode 2. But really?
This is starting to make it worth the 1600$
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #35
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Thanks. This is helpful.
So basically on an interstate I will be in mode 2 for > 40mph and can be in mode 3 when I go < 40mph.
1. I am in mode3 and traffic starts clearing up and I go >40mph I will be switched to mode2 or I have to press buttons to go to mode 2?

2. In mode 3 or mode 2, lane change assist is just pressing the side indicators? And the car does it in its own when safe?
Also does lane change require me to course correct to remain center in the target lane or is it all done by itself?

3. My SA told me this beautiful story about if I am not paying attention or dozing the car will change lanes and leave the road and stop the car?? True?? I understand it had to be mode 2. But really?
1. I just hit the throttle and go above 40mph and it will switch back to mode 2.

2. You just press the signal indicator until you feel resistance and then let it go and the vehicle will make the lane change if safe and resume driving in the center of the lane.

3. The vehicle can determine if you are having a health emergency and and it will put on the flashers and stop. I think if safe it will pull to the shoulder.

Edit: Here is some info on the Emergency Stop Assistant but it says it can't be activated automatically and only by someone pulling the parking brake lever. I'm pretty sure the vehicle acts the same way when the infrared camera notices the person is not paying attention.
Attached Images

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 02-06-2020 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #36
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Thanks. This is helpful.

1. I just hit the throttle and go above 40mph and it will switch back to mode 2.

2. You just press the signal indicator until you feel resistance and then let it go and the vehicle will make the lane change if safe and resume driving in the center of the lane.

3. The vehicle can determine if you are having a health emergency and and it will put on the flashers and stop. I think if safe it will pull to the shoulder.

Edit: Here is some info on the Emergency Stop Assistant but it says it can't be activated automatically and only by someone pulling the parking brake lever. I'm pretty sure the vehicle acts the same way when the infrared camera notices the person is not paying attention.
Thanks. Very helpful.
It is worth the money I feel.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 08:54 PM   #37
DwainA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

ACC rapid deceleration on lane change?

I have had my 2021 X5 45e do a strange thing several times while driving in ACC without steering assist. While driving on a divided, non-freeway highway with ACC (speed and distance control) on, when I signal and then change lanes it has rapidly slowed down for a second or two in the new lane before accelerating back to the set speed. This has been with and without a car ahead in the new lane. I have also noticed at times a split arrow displayed on the console like it's telling me it doesn't know which lane to be in.

I'm not sure what I am doing to trigger this rapid deceleration, but I and the car coming up behind me do not appreciate it. Any ideas or suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 11:09 AM   #38
Stoshu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

I was on a long trip using ACC and was distracted by something on the side of the road ahead, I guess I hadn’t looked ahead for long enough and the car determined I was no longer in control and started emergency deceleration and attempted to pull off the road. Was disconcerting and I immediately regained control of the car but it also assured me that that feature works and I need to be more alert even when the car is 90% driving itself!
Appreciate 0