BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-14-2022, 08:16 PM   #1
Waganigong
Rep
Drives: X5

[Updated]Winter tires and rims for 2022 X5 with M sport brake

Edited: Find a very valuable thread:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1661933
I guess the conclusion is the m sport brake is different on m50i and 40i, and 19 inch is totally ok for 40i's brake?

--------------------
Hey guys, I am new here and also a new owner of BMW~ Nice to find such a place!

I am total a newbie in the car and currently, I am struggling with winter tire selections since in Toronto the winter is crazy. So I would like to ask for some suggestions about winter tires and rims. (sorry that I don't know how to adjust the size of pic and it may looks too big)

A short description about my bimmer: 2022 X5 xdrive40i with M sport package -> 21inch M Lu/Aly Wheels, Y-Spoke 741M, Bicolour, Perfmance RUN FLAT TIRES. Name:  IMG_2493.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  383.5 KB

And I plan to downgrade the size to 19 inches for winter tires (and black rims!). However, my dealer told me that he is not sure if 19 inch can fit my brake or not. He sent a pic to me and explain that 19 can definitely fit the general brake, while not sure if the upgraded M sport brake can be fitted or not. As shown below, it is suggested to use 20 inches rims for the same M sport brake. Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 20.49.02.png
Views: 449
Size:  2.34 MB
I just noticed there was a post related with the similar question (https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1552450), the conclusion is 19 not fit... is it still the same for 2022 X5?

So my questions are:
1) what is the suggested size for tires and rims?
2) should front and rear have the same size?
3) What is the best offset should I choose? Trying to find good deals on PMCTire and 4tire, really confused.

Any suggestions are helpful!

Last edited by Waganigong; 08-15-2022 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: Enhance information
Appreciate 0