BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i Arctic Grey

Is advancing past Status 47 “automatic”?

My dealer is out of December allocations for my 2020 40i X5 order so I’m currently in Status 47 with a “1-Customer Sold” priority. My CA assured me (which I trust btw) that I’ll be allocated a build in the beginning of January when they get their next allocations.

My question is — does that happen automatically? As in once BMW issues their allocations are the dealers’ orders that are sitting in 47 advanced automatically or does the CA/dealer have to manually pair an order to an allocation?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxnatscaps View Post
My dealer is out of December allocations for my 2020 40i X5 order so I'm currently in Status 47 with a "1-Customer Sold" priority. My CA assured me (which I trust btw) that I'll be allocated a build in the beginning of January when they get their next allocations.

My question is — does that happen automatically? As in once BMW issues their allocations are the dealers' orders that are sitting in 47 advanced automatically or does the CA/dealer have to manually pair an order to an allocation?
It doesn't happen automatically, your CA/Sales MGR has to go in and assign the production number to your build in the system. Allocations are distributed the first week of every month. Make sure your CA is on top of it :wink:

"Priority 1" doesn't mean what most think it means. Priority 1 simply means that it's "Customer Sold", as in you ordered it to be delivered to the dealership and it wasn't a car ordered by the dealership for the showroom.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i Arctic Grey

Thanks, I’ll do that!
Appreciate 0