01-20-2020, 01:07 PM   #45
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
The Navigation is used to change the suspension stiffness depending on the road, or turns. Is used the maps to stiffness the suspension on a curve in the direction. I read this somewhere I cant remembered. But I feel like it does work.
Cool!
I will have to test it soon. Thanks much!

Vic
2019 x5 40i MSport Artic Grey
2022 M50i Tanzanite Blue Xpel Stealth
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 12:19 PM   #46
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Thanks for the information about the maps! We have an order pending with Euler and as of about 2 weeks ago, our SA there was still of the mindset that European maps could not be installed on iDrive 7.

Hopefully by the time we receive the X5 (April), their knowledge will have"improved".
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #47
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Alright got the pricing to get the new TCU installed.
Sir as discussed by telephone, an offer about the TCB plus installation.

Telematics Communications Box - € 631.95 incl.VAT
Battery - € 66.50 incl.VAT
Installation- € 535 incl.VAT

Total costs € 1233.45 incl.VAT
Mjbmw1
Any updates from your side? If it is working, i will pull the plug soon and get the TCU replaced. Do you have the contact so I can make an appointment? Thanks in advance.

Vic
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 12:55 PM   #48
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
Thanks for the information about the maps! We have an order pending with Euler and as of about 2 weeks ago, our SA there was still of the mindset that European maps could not be installed on iDrive 7.

Hopefully by the time we receive the X5 (April), their knowledge will have"improved".
Hi,
I imagine it is a bit far for you but I got mine installed two weeks ago in Ansbach. It took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get it done. I drove there on Sunday stayed over night in a guest house and I was at the dealer at 07:30 when they opened.

Vic
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 12:59 PM   #49
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgv View Post
Hi,
I imagine it is a bit far for you but I got mine installed two weeks ago in Ansbach. It took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get it done. I drove there on Sunday stayed over night in a guest house and I was at the dealer at 07:30 when they opened.

Vic
Thanks for the heads up. I just need to find a reason to go TDY to Bavaria and take the X5 (will be the wife's car).
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #50
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Completed without new hardware

Alrlight guys, I finally got all features working on a US SPEC X5 M50I. I sent emails to BMW CEO for NA, and DE. I complained about the process how it makes no sense with the Technology in the car that this would not be possible. I found schematics that showed all the LTE bands that it supports and called them out saying there was no differences between the modules and I told them i was will to buy new hardware just to get this to work in Europe. Well all the hard work paid off and I was able to get it activated in Europe. I have upload the video of the features working.

The current TCU/TCB that came with the Car is US Version. No hardware changes made. I made calls to the BMW connected Drive Team in Europe and in the US. I think it was BMW DE that got the US team involved to finally figure out the issue. I thought I was out of luck when they told me I needed to replace the TCU/TCB unit. I called around and guess what they would sell it to me because my car VIN didnt match the German system. Serveral calls to BMW DE informing them that I could not replace the part because its not possible to order the EU version. They came back and said well we will see what we can do. Well 2 months later all features are working

Appreciate 2
      03-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #51
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Alrlight guys, I finally got all features working on a US SPEC X5 M50I. I sent emails to BMW CEO for NA, and DE. I complained about the process how it makes no sense with the Technology in the car that this would not be possible. I found schematics that showed all the LTE bands that it supports and called them out saying there was no differences between the modules and I told them i was will to buy new hardware just to get this to work in Europe. Well all the hard work paid off and I was able to get it activated in Europe. I have upload the video of the features working.

The current TCU/TCB that came with the Car is US Version. No hardware changes made. I made calls to the BMW connected Drive Team in Europe and in the US. I think it was BMW DE that got the US team involved to finally figure out the issue. I thought I was out of luck when they told me I needed to replace the TCU/TCB unit. I called around and guess what they would sell it to me because my car VIN didnt match the German system. Serveral calls to BMW DE informing them that I could not replace the part because its not possible to order the EU version. They came back and said well we will see what we can do. Well 2 months later all features are working

Hey,
You are my hero!!!
What is the process point of contacts to get it done? You mentioned your car still has the US TCU/TCB. So no parts change? Did you had to pay anything? Where did you get it done? Uhhh! lots of questions for you!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #52
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I worked with the German Connected drive for a month but I think it was the emails to BMW CEO that finally got their attention. To activate you need to call connected drive USA they will need proof of ownership. (Vehicle registration)
I do not think you will be able to register online must be done by phone and email but you can try online.

Please reach out to BMW Assist directly for assistance with creating your ConnectedDrive account. They can be reached at 1-888-333-6118 or at customercare@bmwassist.com.

Your BMW Center should have filled out an Electronic Subscriber Agreement with you during your purchase to setup your ConnectedDrive account.(but since we bought in Europe this doesnt happen)
Tell them that you haven't filled out this form and need too. The email address on this agreement is your username for the ConnectedDrive account.

If you purchased your vehicle pre-owned, you will need to reach out to BMW Assist directly to supply proof of ownership in order to create your BMW Assist/ConnectedDrive account.

No parts changed, no programming, no cost. Just my time to get this all figured out. ... priceless

Last edited by Mjbmw1; 03-24-2020 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
ladra17.50
      03-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #53
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Hey,
You are my hero!!!
What is the process point of contacts to get it done? You mentioned your car still has the US TCU/TCB. So no parts change? Did you had to pay anything? Where did you get it done? Uhhh! lots of questions for you!
Hi,
I contacted the connected drive in the states and I was told, as you mentioned, to send the paperwork which I did. Later on I received an email. See below.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

__

Vehicle is an U.S spec vehicle. Furthermore, the ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a Simcard embedded in the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all services. This SimCard is registered for the U.S market. Therefore, technology will not operate in other countries.

Once vehicle returns to the United of States, military vehicles must go through a process called the Warranty Validation Process. For further information please email: Validations@bmwna.com.

After this is completed, please reply under this email tread so we can check the account and advise with further steps.

Now i am frustrated
s
So close!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #54
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I worked with the German Connected drive for a month but I think it was the emails to BMW CEO that finally got their attention. To activate you need to call connected drive USA they will need proof of ownership. (Vehicle registration)
I do not think you will be able to register online must be done by phone and email but you can try online.

Please reach out to BMW Assist directly for assistance with creating your ConnectedDrive account. They can be reached at 1-888-333-6118 or at customercare@bmwassist.com.

Your BMW Center should have filled out an Electronic Subscriber Agreement with you during your purchase to setup your ConnectedDrive account.(but since we bought in Europe this doesnt happen)
Tell them that you haven't filled out this form and need too. The email address on this agreement is your username for the ConnectedDrive account.

If you purchased your vehicle pre-owned, you will need to reach out to BMW Assist directly to supply proof of ownership in order to create your BMW Assist/ConnectedDrive account.

No parts changed, no programming, no cost. Just my time to get this all figured out. ... priceless
Dear Customer,

__

Vehicle is an U.S spec vehicle. Furthermore, the ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a Simcard embedded in the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all services. This SimCard is registered for the U.S market. Therefore, technology will not operate in other countries.

Once vehicle returns to the United of States, military vehicles must go through a process called the Warranty Validation Process. For further information please email: Validations@bmwna.com.

After this is completed, please reply under this email tread so we can check the account and advise with further steps.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #55
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Have them pull my vin 5uxju4c07l9b50927
It works have them register the vehicle.

You recently signed up for ConnectedDrive services for your 2020 X5 M50I, Vehicle Identification Number 5UXJU4C07L9B50927.

This email provides you with important documents and links relating to your ConnectedDrive services contract.

Terms & Conditions - Attached is a copy of the Terms & Conditions to which you agreed during the signup of ConnectedDrive services. If you are not familiar with these Terms or Conditions, or did not agree to them, please contact BMW AssistCustomer Care, toll free, at 1-888-333-6118.
Stolen Vehicle Recovery (SVR) Confirmation - Your vehicle is equipped with Stolen Vehicle Recovery, which may entitle you to insurance discounts. This email may be use as proof that your vehicle is so equipped. If you require further documentation, please contact BMW Assist Customer Care, toll free, at 888-333-6118.
LTE Signal Booster Information - If your vehicle is equipped with a Signal Booster for Wireless Charging, information will be attached with specific instructions on how to register your Signal Booster in order to use it.
Service Availability - For information about services available in your vehicle, please view the Service Availability Matrix at the following link. http://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/bm...lityMatrix.pdf
Summary of your activated services - To see a summary of which services are activated on your vehicle, or which services may be available for purchase, please visit the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal at www.bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive. You will be required to login with your ConnectedDrive username and password, which you created earlier during the ConnectedDrive account signup.
Appreciate 1
ladra17.50
      03-27-2020, 06:47 AM   #56
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:

You recently signed up for ConnectedDrive services for your 2020 X5 M50I, Vehicle Identification Number 5UXJU4C07L9B50927.

This email provides you with important documents and links relating to your ConnectedDrive services contract.

Terms & Conditions - Attached is a copy of the Terms & Conditions to which you agreed during the signup of ConnectedDrive services. If you are not familiar with these Terms or Conditions, or did not agree to them, please contact BMW AssistCustomer Care, toll free, at 1-888-333-6118.
Stolen Vehicle Recovery (SVR) Confirmation - Your vehicle is equipped with Stolen Vehicle Recovery, which may entitle you to insurance discounts. This email may be use as proof that your vehicle is so equipped. If you require further documentation, please contact BMW Assist Customer Care, toll free, at 888-333-6118.
LTE Signal Booster Information - If your vehicle is equipped with a Signal Booster for Wireless Charging, information will be attached with specific instructions on how to register your Signal Booster in order to use it.
Service Availability - For information about services available in your vehicle, please view the Service Availability Matrix at the following link. http://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/bm...lityMatrix.pdf
Summary of your activated services - To see a summary of which services are activated on your vehicle, or which services may be available for purchase, please visit the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal at www.bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive. You will be required to login with your ConnectedDrive username and password, which you created earlier during the ConnectedDrive account signup.
I created the account but the apps and service field is grayed out. Do I have to do any additional steps? My phone connected app shows the car, however, most of the fields are gray and cannot activate them. When I try to locate the car it looks like it still in the states. I went to setting, general settings, looking for the data agreement? But it is not there. Cannot create a profile. Called the supposed “Genius” and he told me that he cannot help me because the car still in Germany.

Last edited by Delgv; 03-27-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #57
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:

I created the account but the apps and service field is grayed out. Do I have to do any additional steps? My phone connected app shows the car, however, most of the fields are gray and cannot activate them. When I try to locate the car it looks like it still in the states. I went to setting, general settings, looking for the data agreement? But it is not there. Cannot create a profile. Called the supposed “Genius” and he told me that he cannot help me because the car still in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #58
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just give it a few days it will download then connected drive apps.
You can also use the option button to force refresh the apps but it took a few days to get them.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:54 PM   #59
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

There will be no support from BMW but it will work. You will get all the apps but the connected drive app from the phone, will not work. No remote start, unlock or lock and 3d cameras.
But this helps you with CarPlay and the bmw connected drives apps. News works, drive recorder's and weather. Also you should be able to do the Android Digital key now.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 04:54 AM   #60
wanman
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Dear Customer,

__

Exact same email I received here in Korea with a US Spec 2020 X5. I am able to add the vehicle to MY BMW after submitting the Warranty Validation Form, but it lists it as a non-US Spec car. When I try to add it to CD I get to the point where it sends a code to the car but I think my Telematics/car cellular service is not activated so never receive it.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 05:08 AM   #61
wanman
Rep

Quote:

You mentioned above "schematics that showed all the LTE bands that it supports" any chance I could take a look at that info to determine if I can get this working for us US Spec cars here in Korea? I'm told the 2020s have an eSIM which leads me to believe the Cell service shouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, I cannot understand why if the Korea maps are loaded (which they are not) maps still won't work. The dealer says the telematics unit would need replaced. Any ideas on that one? I have multiple issues to overcome to get things working
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 06:37 AM   #62
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
There will be no support from BMW but it will work. You will get all the apps but the connected drive app from the phone, will not work. No remote start, unlock or lock and 3d cameras.
But this helps you with CarPlay and the bmw connected drives apps. News works, drive recorder's and weather. Also you should be able to do the Android Digital key now.
So far the apps have not downloaded. Is there anything else you might have done differently?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #63
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I also registered on the Connected drive.de and the germans said they registered the car and sent the signal. But it's strange because it never showed up. You could try that and see if that works.
Fill the form out and send an email to
bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de
Also send them a copy of your vehicle registration.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...WIL7hsUhfSF_L-

Make sure you write the email in German. If you use google translate use both German and English.
You might not get a response in a week if you dont call the bmw connected Germany
-
BMW Group
BMW Kundenbetreuung
80788 München

Postanschrift:
80788 München

Telefon: +49-89-1250-16010 Servicezeiten täglich 08:00 - 20:00 Uhr
Fax: +49-89-1250-16011
Mail: bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de
Web: https://www.bmw.de

Here what I wrote you can probably have them reference my VIN to see what they did and copy that.
Hello,

I am currently stationed in Europe. I have purchased a car from BMW Military Sales. I would like to activate my car on the Germany Connected Drive System. The car is a 2020 X5 M50i VIN is 5UXJU4C07L9B50927.

I am able to add the VIN to Connecteddrive.de but I never receive a PIN number. From what i read the car is equpied with an ESIM so no change would be needed to the vehicle the change only needs to happen on the connected drive side.
I need the connected drive to get Drive Recorder, Carplay and other BMW APPS to function correctly.
Currently I do not have any apps and i cannot add anything.

I would appericate any help.

Thank you
Google translate below
Hallo,

Ich bin derzeit in Europa stationiert. Ich habe ein Auto von BMW Military Sales gekauft. Ich möchte mein Auto auf dem Germany Connected Drive System aktivieren. Das Auto ist ein 2020 X5 M50i Fahrgestellnummer 5UXJU4C07L9B50927.

Ich kann Connecteddrive.de die VIN hinzufügen, erhalte aber keine PIN-Nummer. Nach dem, was ich gelesen habe, ist das Auto mit einem ESIM ausgestattet, sodass keine Änderung am Fahrzeug erforderlich ist. Die Änderung muss nur auf der verbundenen Antriebsseite erfolgen.

Ich benötige das angeschlossene Laufwerk, damit Drive Recorder, Carplay und andere BMW APPS ordnungsgemäß funktionieren.
Zur Zeit habe ich keine Apps und kann nichts hinzufügen.

Ich würde mich über jede Hilfe freuen.

Vielen Dank
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #64
wanman
Rep

Any chance anyone has info on what cellular bands are supported with a 2020 US Spec X5? Thanks much!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 02:02 PM   #65
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I found it online trying to find it again.
BMW Uses qualcomm for the TCU/baseband.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/automotive

New News remote start for cooling from app works, GPS and Horn. 3d view does not work.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 02:07 PM   #66
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Its was found in a research document similar to this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1586631774686
Appreciate 0