01-11-2020, 05:58 AM   #1
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

X5 xDrive45e ordered!

So I just got back from the dealer and couldn't resist sharing the news here

There were 3 differently specced x45e at the dealer's waiting for delivery to the customer (so I might have seen one of you guys' up close ;-) ) and seeing different options side by side helped tremendously choosing the seat colors and inlay.

Color: Arctic Grey
Seats: Vernasca Black perforated
Inlay: fineline stripe brown high gloss

Packs:
  • M Sport Pack
  • Business Pack Plus
  • Innovation Pack

Extra options:
  • Integral Active Steering
  • Acoustic windows
  • Panoramic roof Sky Lounge (kids will love this!)
  • Tinted Windows
  • Seat ventilation
  • Travel & Comfort system
  • DAB Tuner
  • Harman Kardon Surround Sound
  • BMW Drive Recorder (dealer threw this in at no extra cost!)

Sales rep's estimate was production in May, delivery mid July, but will confirm soon(ish)

Now for the agonizing 6+ months of waiting.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #3
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Still doubting this one myself: Integral Active Steering - never had it, don't know anyone that has it. So not really missing it at the moment, but it seems easy in small parking lots (like there are many in Be)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post
Still doubting this one myself: Integral Active Steering - never had it, don't know anyone that has it. So not really missing it at the moment, but it seems easy in small parking lots (like there are many in Be)
I got it because my testdrive vehicle had it, and I could just about perform the same turning maneuvers on my driveway as with my current car (A6 Avant). Was a bit worried that if I didn't get it, it would feel too big.
A lot of parking garages in the cities also have ridiculously tight curves on the ramps, and I figured every bit helps to prevent side scraping and a lot of cursing afterwards
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #5
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
I have it and I like it. Can't really compare with or without. In the beginning I found steering a little light. I don't know if it's the IAS or the x5 in general. My car starts up in electric individual and have steering in sport. For long drives I am in adaptive which is fine to. Parking and roundabouts are great. Really turns good. I didn't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:06 AM   #6
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pho View Post
So I just got back from the dealer and couldn't resist sharing the news here

There were 3 differently specced x45e at the dealer's waiting for delivery to the customer (so I might have seen one of you guys' up close ;-) ) and seeing different options side by side helped tremendously choosing the seat colors and inlay.

Color: Arctic Grey
Seats: Vernasca Black perforated
Inlay: fineline stripe brown high gloss

Packs:
  • M Sport Pack
  • Business Pack Plus
  • Innovation Pack

Extra options:
  • Integral Active Steering
  • Acoustic windows
  • Panoramic roof Sky Lounge (kids will love this!)
  • Tinted Windows
  • Seat ventilation
  • Travel & Comfort system
  • DAB Tuner
  • Harman Kardon Surround Sound
  • BMW Drive Recorder (dealer threw this in at no extra cost!)

Sales rep's estimate was production in May, delivery mid July, but will confirm soon(ish)

Now for the agonizing 6+ months of waiting.
Congrats nice configuration ! I have the same color exterior and interior and wood trim and m pack. Really happy with it. I have the 20 inch rims. I like the look and I was afraid om comfort with bigger wheels. Did you consider the exclusive pack? A lot of your extra options are within that pack it might not be a big difference. The sky lounge is great for the children indeed. You can't really see it your self when driving. I have satin exterior line in stead of shadowline. Makes it less bulcky but I know probably most of you have chosen shadowline.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:17 AM   #7
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Congrats nice configuration ! I have the same color exterior and interior and wood trim and m pack. Really happy with it. I have the 20 inch rims. I like the look and I was afraid om comfort with bigger wheels. Did you consider the exclusive pack? A lot of your extra options are within that pack it might not be a big difference. The sky lounge is great for the children indeed. You can't really see it your self when driving. I have satin exterior line in stead of shadowline. Makes it less bulcky but I know probably most of you have chosen shadowline.
Really? You wouldn't happen to have any pictures somewhere online already?

I've played with the exclusive pack and would be ~€3200 extra for
- Merino leather (which is nicer but I don't necessarily want it because of higher maintenance/more prone to scratches etc, important with kids)
- Massage seats
- "Crystal" elements
- Soft close
- Leather dash (doubt if I would even see the difference with the sensatec)
It's arguably a good deal taking into account the price of these options separately, but I already went way overboard with additions compared to what I was planning to get option-wise when I first stepped into the showroom. I have to draw the line somewhere
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Here you go, but don't make fun of my 19 inch winterwheels and I didn't wash and detail it 😜I first ordered the same 20 inch m wheels as the summer tires but changed it to these. They were much cheaper and the look is not too bad. And I only see them half a minute before entering the car anyway.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
pho116.00
      01-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #9
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

- Merino leather (which is nicer but I don't necessarily want it because of higher maintenance/more prone to scratches etc, important with kids)
- Massage seats
- "Crystal" elements
- Soft close
It's arguably a good deal taking into account the price of these options separately, but I already went way overboard with additions compared to what I was planning to get option-wise when I first stepped into the showroom. I have to draw the line somewhere
You can do without these options indeed and the difference is more than I expected. You will be perfectly happy with your configuration. One thing though did you chose comfort seats? That I would really consider. Maybe instead of the sky window. I have it fore the children too. But you can't see it your self while driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #10
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

- Massage seats
- "Crystal" elements
- Soft close
You can do without these options indeed and the difference is more than I expected. You will be perfectly happy with your configuration. One thing though did you chose comfort seats? That I would really consider. Maybe instead of the sky window. I have it fore the children too. But you can't see it your self while driving.
Yup comfort seats. I've passed the stage where I put form over function 😄
I had the satin window and roof linings in my initial offer but this morning finally decided to go for the glossy black after all.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 10:26 AM   #11
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

- Massage seats
- "Crystal" elements
- Soft close
Yup comfort seats. I've passed the stage where I put form over function 😄
I had the satin window and roof linings in my initial offer but this morning finally decided to go for the glossy black after all.
I think with AG both look nice with white or blue I would definitely chose glossy black too. Colors and tastes ...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 02:04 AM   #12
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
I don't have it but I wish I had.

I use a lot of underground parking. And at home to exit my garage I have to reverse and make a 90 degree turn. The turning circle is a tad too large to do it in one manoeuvre.

It's a large car with a large turning circle. In my situation the Active Steering would have been an added value.
Appreciate 1
pho116.00
      09-07-2020, 04:32 PM   #13
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

So a bit of an update 9 months after the order
Car status is now 165 which if I’m not mistaken means it’s crossing the seas on the way to Zeebrugge/Bremerhaven.
Dealer says it will arrive w40 at the concession. Give or take 2 weeks to get the paperwork in order and I should have it in my driveway first half of October!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #14
ADY282
Private
Rep
Drives: Ford Mustang, BMW Z4 and X5e

How do you track the order to know this please ?

Quote:
So a bit of an update 9 months after the order
Car status is now 165 which if I’m not mistaken means it’s crossing the seas on the way to Zeebrugge/Bremerhaven.
Dealer says it will arrive w40 at the concession. Give or take 2 weeks to get the paperwork in order and I should have it in my driveway first half of October!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #15
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADY282 View Post
How do you track the order to know this please ?
As far as I know, you can't if you're not in the US; this is info I got from my dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #16
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

So, today was the big day!
I seem to be one of the lucky ones whose 45e wasn’t impacted by the current STOP/recall action for bmw phevs.
Only had a quick 30min drive to get acquainted but wow, what a beast.
iPhone digital key is enabled! Didn’t check software version yet but I’m guessing 07/2020 since I spotted the Android Auto option too

Only nitpick so far is that the trunk’s “click” when opening is REALLY LOUD (compared to my old A6)
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
X5 45e1077.00
      10-01-2020, 04:18 PM   #17
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Only nitpick so far is that the trunk’s “click” when opening is REALLY LOUD (compared to my old A6)
Mine did that too in the beginning. It is less now, or I don't notice it any more.
Appreciate 1
pho116.00
      10-04-2020, 05:22 AM   #18
AlexG05be
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
So, today was the big day!
I seem to be one of the lucky ones whose 45e wasn’t impacted by the current STOP/recall action for bmw phevs.
Looks great!! Really impatient to get mine without the white protection stickers. (though it might take some time with that stupid recall...) Don’t hesitate to add some more pictures when the sun is shining - which is not that often in our mother country 😉
Appreciate 1
pho116.00
      10-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #19
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Generic profile shot, but it’s the only one I managed to take so far
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 01:29 PM   #20
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Well... problem #1 is a fact. Left side 360 camera seems misaligned. I actually think I noticed it during delivery but shrugged it off at the time thinking “yeah it’s probably a temporary distortion because of whatever”. But when parking alongside a solid white line it’s very obvious it’s an issue :-)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #21
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well... problem #1 is a fact. Left side 360 camera seems misaligned. I actually think I noticed it during delivery but shrugged it off at the time thinking “yeah it’s probably a temporary distortion because of whatever”. But when parking alongside a solid white line it’s very obvious it’s an issue :-)
Have you tried this?

Thanks Marty in NY
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #22
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote: