BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-15-2022, 10:40 PM   #1
cartab
Rep
Drives: X5

Hey folks, I found a X6 M-Sport trim, but sadly it came with the 20in tires and I am not happy with them, also it didn't come with the extended shadow line.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

What are my options?

I imagined just going on eBay and finding wheels/tires, but I was thinking maybe there were options I might be unaware of? I have never modified a car. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was thinking of switching my wheels for some 22 bicolor ones, and also black extended grill.

Is this something worth trading the car in for the build I want, or would BMW sell me the wheels/tires and new grill?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 10:49 PM   #2
ScaldedDog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Nice looking car. Check the classified section here. 21's and 22's pop up often, and you can sell your 20's there, as well.

Mark
2001 PSD Excursion - The slave that drags the queen
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 11:23 PM   #3
Shllshck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i GC, 2023 X6 40i

What ScaldedDog said. You might be able to get the 22's from someone else looking to unload theirs in the classified. As far as trading it in, depends really. If you want your ride exactly the way you want, with the exact color combo, trim, packages, and the wheel size/style you want, then a custom order is almost a surefire way to do so. Supplier/parts shortages could still affect your order though. If you scored a great deal on that X6 and can flip it for a profit, than that's something to consider as well.

A BMW dealer could probably sell you the rims and tires but you'll pay an arm and a leg through the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 06:20 AM   #4
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

I wouldn't trade in a car if the wheels & grille are the only things you're unhappy with. Those 2 things are so easy to remedy.

I can change all 4 wheels and swap out the grille on my X6 in under 45 minutes on my drive with basic tools.

Find some second hand 22" wheels on ebay/CL/whatever and you'll recoup some of the cost by selling your 20's.

The black grilles are all over ebay/ali express.

A trade-in might work out well if you wanted to go from a 40i to a M50i, or an older car to a newer one. But its not worth trading for the exact same car only with bigger wheels and a black grille.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 07:17 AM   #5
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartab View Post
Hey folks, I found a X6 M-Sport trim, but sadly it came with the 20in tires and I am not happy with them, also it didn't come with the extended shadow line.

What are my options?

I imagined just going on eBay and finding wheels/tires, but I was thinking maybe there were options I might be unaware of? I have never modified a car. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was thinking of switching my wheels for some 22 bicolor ones, and also black extended grill.

Is this something worth trading the car in for the build I want, or would BMW sell me the wheels/tires and new grill?
Changing wheels/tires, like the others have said, is an super easy job that anyone can do right in their own garage, same goes for the black grill. If you have no experience or feel uncomfortable doing so, ask a friend, I'm sure you must know someone who would help you.

Use the links below to find the part number of the wheels you want, then plug them into an online search and go find them. Use the Classified section here on Bimmerpost, eBay and the general web, what you want is out there, I've seen them on eBay before and many will come with tires on them as opposed to buying the wheels and tires separately. Do the same with the grill you want.

I'm sending you to realoem, find the wheel you're looking for in the picture, click on it and the next screen will give you a list of part numbers based on the configuration of your car, example, if you want a staggered set up, then you will need two fronts and two rears which will be diff sizes, etc. Once you have the part number of what you want, start your online search.

Wheels -->https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...-X6_40iX&mg=36

Black grill -->https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_A215
Appreciate 0