BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-22-2020, 05:45 PM   #1
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

07/2019 Releae Notes Available on CD Portal

Just a heads up, the July release notes are available on the CD Portal. Here’s a copy a paste:

Release Notes 19-07
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Park the vehicle in a safe place, in compliance with road safety regulations, before installation!
Your BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant is always at your side from now on and will adapt to each situation even better.
Prepared for dangerous places – the Dangerous Curve Assistant warns you in advance about dangerous curves.
You decide where you park. The Parking Space Assistant will help you find a parking spot faster around your destination.
Park easier. The Parking Assistant helps you parallel park.
With the Remote Controlled Parking, your display key takes over the parking for your fully automatically and conveniently at the push of a button.
Breaks when backing into a parking space automatically before it is too late. With Active Park Distance Control, obstacles to the rear and at the sides are no longer a problem.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Park the vehicle in a safe place, in compliance with road safety regulations, before installation!
The vehicle cannot be used for approx. 20 minutes during installation of the remote software upgrade. Make sure you park the vehicle in a safe place, in compliance with road safety regulations!

BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant (additional personalization)
In order to use all of the features of the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, you must create a driver profile. Once you log in, you will be able to set your own personal activation word to interact with your BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant.

This update allows you to adjust the behavior of the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant. Depending on who is in the vehicle and where you are going, you can decide how the Assistant behaves. You can choose whether incoming notifications are displayed normally, shown only to you, or hidden completely. You can see which setting is currently active by the notification icon in the in-car status bar.

All services and settings for your BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant can now be accessed directly in its own menu. Would you like to know what else the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant can do? Then check out the new video in the user manual in the vehicle.

Navigation improvements (extended function)
The all-new “Fuel Price” map view visualizes fueling options for the customer’s needs right on the map. Gas station locations along with their respective fuel prices are displayed. This way, it is possible to explore and choose the optimal gas station based on proximity, brand and price. Additionally, a detailed list of surrounding gas stations can be viewed by selecting “Gas stations search”. When selecting “Place to stop”, the user can search for further relevant Points of Interest categories.

Dangerous Curve Assistant (new function)
The Dangerous Curve Assistant warns about upcoming, potentially dangerous curves by sending a notification to the instrument cluster. For this, the installed map version must be Q4 2018 (or later).

Parking Space Assistant (new function)
Looking for parking near your destination? The Parking Space Assistant suggests free parking spaces in garages or on the street and guides you along the route with the highest probability of finding a parking spot.

Parking Assistant for parallel parking (extended function)
Parking in parking spaces parallel to the road is made easier for you with this extended function.

Active Park Distance Control (extended function)
When backing into a parking space, this improved feature will help you avoid collisions. There is now an additional brake intervention during the maneuvering process as soon as obstacles appear in the rear or side areas.

Validity of the remote software upgrade and release notes
The new functions and functional enhancements of this upgrade are only applicable if your vehicle is equipped with the necessary equipment. Please refer to your vehicle’s Integrated Operating Instructions, contact your Service Partner or the BMW ConnectedDrive hotline for information about your vehicle’s equipment specifications.

Function updates and quality enhancements
This Remote Software Upgrade enhances existing functions to meet current technical standards and improves their quality.

Information about previous versions
You can read information about all the previous versions of the remote software upgrade in the ConnectedDrive customer portal.

Updating the on-board operating instructions in the vehicle
With this remote software upgrade, the on-board operating instructions in the vehicle are updated to include up-to-date information.

Special information about this upgrade

Reloading the ConnectedDrive apps after the upgrade can take a certain length of time.
Some settings may be reset to default after the upgrade (for example, Interior lighting or notification settings), and need to be reconfigured.
By restarting some vehicle systems, some control messages may appear on the display during or after an upgrade. Please pay attention to the control messages and observe whether they are still shown after the restart.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for iOS users: when transferring the upgrade using your smartphone, please connect via Bluetooth & WiFi in the vehicle in the “Mobile devices” menu. If the Bluetooth and/or WiFi icon appears greyed out, please first activate Apps & Bluetooth Audio in the settings in the submenu of “Mobile devices”.

We look forward to receiving your feedback on the BMW ConnectedDrive hotline, to help us continually optimize our remote software upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 02:52 AM   #2
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

I noticed these yesterday as well.

Mentions auto PDC breaking on the side - I don't have that on mine even though I am on 11/2019.x and never had it when on 07/2019.x either.

It can be enabled in coding, well the menu item for it at least, but does anyone on a pre July 19 build who has the later i-step have this feature? I expect MY20 builds to have it regardless.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 05:21 AM   #3
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

That I’m not sure. I’m just glad to see something up there. It’s funny though, since you have to click the section at the bottom under recommended to even get the notes. These are probably useless since 11/2019!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #4
mgnmpl
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post

Mentions auto PDC breaking on the side - I don't have that on mine even though I am on 11/2019.x and never had it when on 07/2019.x either.

It can be enabled in coding, well the menu item for it at least, but does anyone on a pre July 19 build who has the later i-step have this feature? I expect MY20 builds to have it regardless.

Hmm... i have that and I can assure you it helped me 2 times at least not hitting someone elses car or the wall in the parking lot. Im on July update.

On the other hand it sometimes prevents me from going into my parking space because it thinks that i'm going to hit a wall for some reason. I had a situation with my friend who stood next to my car and was laughing at me because I couldn't park the car and tried couple of times and the car break every time. It was funny for him, but I didn't know how to handle that for a while
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgnmpl View Post
Hmm... i have that and I can assure you it helped me 2 times at least not hitting someone elses car or the wall in the parking lot. Im on July update.

On the other hand it sometimes prevents me from going into my parking space because it thinks that i'm going to hit a wall for some reason. I had a situation with my friend who stood next to my car and was laughing at me because I couldn't park the car and tried couple of times and the car break every time. It was funny for him, but I didn't know how to handle that for a while
You have this menu option in iDrive including the Flank option?

Did your car come with 07/2019.x or was it upgraded OTA or at dealer?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
mgnmpl
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d (G05)

Oh, I see. My options look like this below. I thought that it works on all sensors, not only those in the back because it stops me often when I have a wall on a side more then in the back.

Maybe it is something different.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:41 PM   #7
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgnmpl View Post
Oh, I see. My options look like this below. I thought that it works on all sensors, not only those in the back because it stops me often when I have a wall on a side more then in the back.

Maybe it is something different.
Yes it's different as the car will auto brake if you are going to side swipe a pole (for example). With rear braking only, it will occasionally brake if the rear sensors mistake a side object as being behind at the back,when they are actually just off to the side.

I guess only MY 2020 get the side auto pdc braking and the release notes are at best ambiguous.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:52 PM   #8
anuj452
2019 X5 40i
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Can you please PM me the coding for enabling the PDC , will try to test if it works...
mine is Mar-2019 build and I am on 07/2019.70

Quote:

01-24-2020, 02:48 AM   #9
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Auto PDC Breaking

Quote:

Can you pm the coding as well. I would like to see if I will work on my G05.

Thanks in advance....
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 04:05 AM   #10
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry guys no offence but Im not getting involved with PM coding people info. If there's anything I want to contribute coding wise it'll be directly on the forum, and it will be very specific.

For this specific code try HU_MGU\ACTIVE_PDC_FLANKENBREMSUNG: aktiv [01]

That makes the menu option available but will need more coding elsewhere (SRR/SRS) I suspect, OR the hardware (sensors) are different on MY2020.

If you can't see the option you need later psdxzdata and/or later launcher/esysx.
Launcher pro have different mapping text descriptions so depends which you use. The above code is using esysx.

I haven't spent much time on this as its not something I want. I can see the benefit but it would drive me bonkers constantly braking everytime something is close.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2020, 09:33 AM   #11
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Sorry guys no offence but Im not getting involved with PM coding people info. If there's anything I want to contribute coding wise it'll be directly on the forum, and it will be very specific.

That makes the menu option available but will need more coding elsewhere (SRR/SRS) I suspect, OR the hardware (sensors) are different on MY2020.

If you can't see the option you need later psdxzdata and/or later launcher/esysx.
Launcher pro have different mapping text descriptions so depends which you use. The above code is using esysx.

I haven't spent much time on this as its not something I want. I can see the benefit but it would drive me bonkers constantly braking everytime something is close.
on mine - you have to get very very close for PDC to take over. Essentially the senor tone that beeps is going continuously before it kicks in. I use it all the time in my garage and it stops my car short of the front wall by about 5 inches.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #12
anuj452
2019 X5 40i
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

thanks will try this

Quote:

01-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #13
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj452 View Post
thanks will try this
A word of caution... If you don't know what you're doing 100% you could conceivably code the option to show up in the iDrive menu, but not actually code the capabilities. I would make sure you know exactly what you're doing. Especially for a feature like this where you might depend on it kicking in, but it never does.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #14
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
A word of caution... If you don't know what you're doing 100% you could conceivably code the option to show up in the iDrive menu, but not actually code the capabilities. I would make sure you know exactly what you're doing. Especially for a feature like this where you might depend on it kicking in, but it never does.
Good advice.

On this one, if you can tick it in the menu it should work fine. If you can't tick then generally there are missing FDL codes, hardware isn't supported, or the i-step doesn't have the full code to support the feature.

With this one I think you need to activate the high_performance_hardware in all 4 instances of SRR, SRS aka [4146].

If the car model/year doesnt support that HPH then ISTA will complain if you do a health check.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #15
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:

on mine - you have to get very very close for PDC to take over. Essentially the senor tone that beeps is going continuously before it kicks in. I use it all the time in my garage and it stops my car short of the front wall by about 5 inches.
Mine auto brakes 1 every 4th time when reversing out of the garage. It's a pita- have to fight with it to get out.

I now use reversing assistant and it's flawless.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 12:37 PM   #16
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Mine auto brakes 1 every 4th time when reversing out of the garage. It's a pita- have to fight with it to get out.

I now use reversing assistant and it's flawless.
Yeah - I love the reverse assistant! One annoying thing is I also love Auto Hold but it's a PIA to use with reversing assistant. I wish when you were in the "park" level controls, it would auto disable Auto H like it does ASS.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 11:45 PM   #17
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

So today I coded "HU_MGU\ACTIVE_PDC_FLANKENBREMSUNG: aktiv [01]" to the MGU HU, gave me the option of the advanced PDC, but the option to select the feautre is grayed out. It needs other codes for it to work. Looked through the other modules, SRS which my car has like 4 of those and one named "VDP" but couldn't find anything related to the Active PDC. Maybe someone else can find the other coding to make this work.

:-)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 03:57 AM   #18
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
So today I coded "HU_MGU\ACTIVE_PDC_FLANKENBREMSUNG: aktiv [01]" to the MGU HU, gave me the option of the advanced PDC, but the option to select the feautre is grayed out. It needs other codes for it to work. Looked through the other modules, SRS which my car has like 4 of those and one named "VDP" but couldn't find anything related to the Active PDC. Maybe someone else can find the other coding to make this work.

:-)
Could try this. Might not work but its part of the changes for 07/2019.x and fits the usage. Ultimately this option may not be code-able for MY2019 due to hardware differences.

"With this one I think you need to activate the high_performance_hardware in all 4 instances of SRR, SRS aka [4146].

If the car model/year doesnt support that HPH then ISTA will complain if you do a health check."
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 05:16 AM   #19
masa52
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F86

does any one activate brake on sides???
rear brake is active but cant activate side option to work

cheers
Appreciate 0