BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-28-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Tuxmat: Winter Mat option for the G05

Winter Mat Option for the G05

TuxMat is Canadian based. Super friendly folks up north.

Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by arciga18; 02-02-2020 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue220.00
      01-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Tried capturing the second row.

As you can see huge amount of coverage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

I still need to take the time to install some clips if I want.

The urgency was to get this installed ASAP because the carpet mats were getting ruined with the recent salt / snow.

The entire set front/ rear trunk retails for ~330.

If you are serious about ordering, PM and I'll share my order number. It will take 10 dollars off.

Previously I have always purchased the bmw liners (not the al weather mats) but I feel these provide way better coverage.

Also, now with Brian (if you know, you know ) gone I am more willing to shop around.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 10:31 PM   #4
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

I had people reach out and ask where i ordered from. They are finding it hard to order from the canadian site.

I just ordered from tuxmat (period) com which offered me free shipping in the US.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 11:54 PM   #5
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
I had people reach out and ask where i ordered from. They are finding it hard to order from the canadian site.

I just ordered from tuxmat (period) com which offered me free shipping in the US.
Does the trunk mat cover the hooks? If yes then does it stay lifted up from those points like it is seen in your pictures of the trunk area?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 07:16 AM   #6
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:

Does the trunk mat cover the hooks? If yes then does it stay lifted up from those points like it is seen in your pictures of the trunk area?
I'll take a look today to see how it looks after close to a year of use / sitting flat
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll take a look today to see how it looks after close to a year of use / sitting flat
But does it sit flat on the hooks or stays up on those points? It would be a bit weird if it stayed raised on those two corners and everything else flat.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #8
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But does it sit flat on the hooks or stays up on those points? It would be a bit weird if it stayed raised on those two corners and everything else flat.
Right. I'll take a look and send you a picture .
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #9
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Do things slide around with this cover? I am wondering if the VW CarGO plastic dividers are compatible with our cargo area carpet.
https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1
      12-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Some closeups of WeatherTech cargo mat and TuxMats (next post, first and second row seats). Adding these images as a comparison points. Sorry OP, not trying to hijack your thread.
Attached Images

12-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #11
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
TuxMats closeups (left hand drive). The retention pin and hole is only for the driver side (first and fourth image below). Perimeter around the hole is raised and the pin portion plugs into the hole with tight seal. I don't expect water to penetrate/sip through. However, the pin will poke into the carpet underneath. Seems well made and washable by hose/spray.
Attached Images

12-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #12
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

No problem at all. It will only make The thread more useful. I almost have my hands on the wife's x5
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 05:20 PM   #13
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

That Mat sits flat over the hooks. The hooks are flush with the carpeting.

Yes, things do slide around. I took an action shot after normal driving .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #14
wifesbimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M50i, E92 M3, '16 F150

One thing I was being careful for is making sure that the rear mats are fitted well under the air vents under the front two seats. I made sure to place the plastic retention clips under the vent holes to prevent the mats from ever climbing over the vents and obstruct the air flow.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2022, 01:33 PM   #15
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSaves View Post
TuxMats closeups (left hand drive). The retention pin and hole is only for the driver side (first and fourth image below). Perimeter around the hole is raised and the pin portion plugs into the hole with tight seal. I don't expect water to penetrate/sip through. However, the pin will poke into the carpet underneath. Seems well made and washable by hose/spray.
In real life, is the tuxmat really that shiny? I like everything about it except the shiny look
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 03:25 PM   #16
kukula
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
In real life, is the tuxmat really that shiny? I like everything about it except the shiny look
Yes the Tuxmats have a slight shine on them. But they lose this luster after some use and wash. I love them! I have been using WeatherTech as far as i can remember but actually prefer these now. They have better coverage and some suppleness in them that they remain flat and in place.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 07:23 PM   #17
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

I bought a set of these for the front/rear. https://3dmatsusa.com/collections/cu...AyMUBCTVdAWDU= 3D Maxipiders. I opted for a different one for the rear that had cutouts so the tie-down loops were accessible. At the time, they weren't sure the 3D version would fit the 45e, but I think it will...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 07:36 PM   #18
LOFT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Amazing what I learn here. The TuxMat store is a few km from my home in Toronto. Similarly, the Grizzl-e factory and where I bought my Level 2 charger is also located a few km away.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 08:12 AM   #19
LOFT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I'm bringing this thread back to life...although it's out of season.

Yesterday I visited the TuxMat warehouse store in Toronto. Although it was still closed due to Covid, a representative met me at the front door and showed me a sample product.

It looked good quality but what struck me was the light weight compared to my historical experience with heavy duty OEM rubber mats which weigh a ton.

I always equated weight with quality even though I hated cleaning and storing them.

Do the TuxMats stand up to the wear and tire of the winter season they're designed for? I want to say yes, but welcome some real world experience here.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 04:47 PM   #20
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFT View Post
I'm bringing this thread back to life...although it's out of season.

Yesterday I visited the TuxMat warehouse store in Toronto. Although it was still closed due to Covid, a representative met me at the front door and showed me a sample product.

It looked good quality but what struck me was the light weight compared to my historical experience with heavy duty OEM rubber mats which weigh a ton.

I always equated weight with quality even though I hated cleaning and storing them.

Do the TuxMats stand up to the wear and tire of the winter season they're designed for? I want to say yes, but welcome some real world experience here.
Yes . That is the short answer .

Quality product from up north
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 05:19 PM   #21
ConservativeConsumer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

I liked the Tuxmat for their luxurious look and good workmanship when removed them from shipping box first time. Great quality, no doubt! I, however, returned them back - because of their not so great practicality in snowy/winter conditions. These mats simply do not allow for a close fit around the gas pedal and are too shallow to keep enough snow-melted water contained. I have tried Weather Tech too and also returned them back - for the very same reason, plus a necessity to replace OEM Velcro pads mat hardware with Weather Teck special hardware. Decided to keep WT trunk liner only. So, put back the OEM BMW rubber mat set presented to me by my dealer at a time of car arrival. I deem that the BMW mats, while not perfect, are better than the above mentioned aftermarket for winter/snow season.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 05:52 PM   #22
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer View Post
I liked the Tuxmat for their luxurious look and good workmanship when removed them from shipping box first time. Great quality, no doubt! I, however, returned them back - because of their not so great practicality in snowy/winter conditions. These mats simply do not allow for a close fit around the gas pedal and are too shallow to keep enough snow-melted water contained. I have tried Weather Tech too and also returned them back - for the very same reason, plus a necessity to replace OEM Velcro pads mat hardware with Weather Teck special hardware. Decided to keep WT trunk liner only. So, put back the OEM BMW rubber mat set presented to me by my dealer at a time of car arrival. I deem that the BMW mats, while not perfect, are better than the above mentioned aftermarket for winter/snow season.
Very interesting comments.

Let's take the second row. I like that Tux mat is a single piece . It has a very high back piece that provides good coverage.

The front passenger side almost has too much coverage .

You might have a point that there is never enough coverage around the gas pedal . I think that is a safety issue and common for all options.

Historically there was alway a part number for all weather mats and different one for a liner. The liner was the one offered the most coverage .
Appreciate 0