10-02-2023, 10:13 PM   #45
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
Think twice on the RRS they live at the dealership
This stereotype is getting a bit outdated. I don’t think they would win any reliability prize but they are not the disaster they used to be. My friend bought an Evoque the first year it came out and kept it for about 5 years and besides routine service and some minimal problems, it was all good
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 04:30 AM   #46
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVee View Post
Legroom aside, isn’t it funny just how much better the X5 is than the GLE?
Worlds apart. Impossible to ever consider one but they are like freaking limos back there!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 08:22 AM   #47
Skimo612
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattl0806 View Post
Worlds apart. Impossible to ever consider one but they are like freaking limos back there!
The X5 is great for it's purpose. The GLE is angling for another buyer with the lux and glide.
Appreciate 1
Mattl0806987.50
      10-03-2023, 09:50 AM   #48
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimo612 View Post
The X5 is great for it's purpose. The GLE is angling for another buyer with the lux and glide.
GLE is the ultimate suburban "Karen" cruiser.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 10:40 AM   #49
quad_drive
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 45e; 20 Cayenne S; 17 Q7

I totally agreed with, if you want a Porsche, get a 911. That's a 'Real' Porsche. Wait time, price and allocations for 911 are also getting ridiculous.

I had a Audi Q7 before I got the Cayenne, I was surprised how many things the Audi is better than the Cayenne even though my Audi was 3 -4 years older. Mainly on the PCM stuff(it's slow at startup), 360 cameras, interior lightings, etc... There are a lot of shared parts. With that said, the Urus and Bentayga are also on the same platforms and shared a bunch of stuff. Look at it like the Audi is the bargain, getting all the good genes from the others.

Cayenne is overpriced, yes. But, it's selling like hot cakes, why won't you raise the price if you were Porsche. Apparently they are enough people out there who thinks it's worth it.

Cayenne rides is busy and stiffer, the steering is quick and direct. The cabin is nosier than both the Q7 and X5. Somehow, that's how sportier car should be like in our brain. So, in a way it's a different driving experience. I think most people are just looking for something different, more up scale brand image. 911 is out of reach and impractical if you have family, so, Cayenne fits the bill.

The Porsche dealer service is stupid expensive. I did it to avoid any factory warranty issue if I ever needed it. The service is justifiable for GT3, Turbo S, etc, I think those owners are able to afford it. Imagine some folks that has base Macan and see a $1k service bill just for oil change. That's not right.

Conclusion, both are good choices. I prefer driving Cayenne because its a little more involved like older BMW. BMW has gotten softer and more comfort over the years. Ironically, Porsche is what BMW used to be. G05 is good value and running cost is not high. Porsche service cost is the main negative for me.
Appreciate 7
sbc-yyc84.00
Mattl0806987.50
hotvee139.50
slilley45.50
      10-04-2023, 12:15 PM   #50
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad_drive View Post
I totally agreed with, if you want a Porsche, get a 911. That's a 'Real' Porsche. Wait time, price and allocations for 911 are also getting ridiculous.

I had a Audi Q7 before I got the Cayenne, I was surprised how many things the Audi is better than the Cayenne even though my Audi was 3 -4 years older. Mainly on the PCM stuff(it's slow at startup), 360 cameras, interior lightings, etc... There are a lot of shared parts. With that said, the Urus and Bentayga are also on the same platforms and shared a bunch of stuff. Look at it like the Audi is the bargain, getting all the good genes from the others.

Cayenne is overpriced, yes. But, it's selling like hot cakes, why won't you raise the price if you were Porsche. Apparently they are enough people out there who thinks it's worth it.

Cayenne rides is busy and stiffer, the steering is quick and direct. The cabin is nosier than both the Q7 and X5. Somehow, that's how sportier car should be like in our brain. So, in a way it's a different driving experience. I think most people are just looking for something different, more up scale brand image. 911 is out of reach and impractical if you have family, so, Cayenne fits the bill.

The Porsche dealer service is stupid expensive. I did it to avoid any factory warranty issue if I ever needed it. The service is justifiable for GT3, Turbo S, etc, I think those owners are able to afford it. Imagine some folks that has base Macan and see a $1k service bill just for oil change. That's not right.

Conclusion, both are good choices. I prefer driving Cayenne because its a little more involved like older BMW. BMW has gotten softer and more comfort over the years. Ironically, Porsche is what BMW used to be. G05 is good value and running cost is not high. Porsche service cost is the main negative for me.
A lot of Cayenne comparisons you are giving above, all depends on which 2 models you are comparing. Wifey's GTS coupe's ride has an air suspension that also has 5 height adjustment levels and many damper settings. You can dial it in to ride like a Caddy al the way to ripping round a racetrack. Cabin noise is still minimal, even though I took the ballistic lt wt sport package, that includes an insane exhaust. Also, IMHO, it's a true Porsche, because what Porsche represents is the pinnacle of German engineering, which they surely injected into my GTS and other models I have and currently own. I have also owned a 997.2 C2S and currently also have an '84 3.2 Targa! One could also argue that was the last true era of 911s.
As I stated in a previous post, Porsche is next level up and worth the money, if you are ready, willing and able to spend it. I wasn't personally, so I leased the X5 M50i initially for my wife, but splurged with the GTS thru my business. HOWEVER, she ran over mileage prematurely and we had to swap!
PS: I do however, get enjoyment though from the BMW.
Appreciate 3
mattsrs625.50
Mattl0806987.50
hotvee139.50
      10-04-2023, 03:42 PM   #51
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
What Porsche did with the refresh is a crime lol if you sit in a base car without options it feels like a plastic toy car
That’s how I feel; an interior that is a prime example of cost-cutting.
Appreciate 0