BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-01-2024, 01:37 PM   #1
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

New Entertainment service .. games and video portal

BMW just made available the promised game service and the previously trialed TiVo video service. All wrapped up under a new entertainment service

Free trial for a year available in the connected drive store

Anyone’s guess how the activation process goes !
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-01-2024, 04:31 PM   #2
apw2607
Colonel
Rep

I activated the trial. It was straightforward and was activated quickly there after.

The download took a while and it downloads two applications.

As for the apps. The Tivo Video service is exactly as it was before during the testing last year (in otherwords bad) where you still can't use the idrive controller in the app and the screen real estate has not being optimized for the strange iDrive screen size.

The Airconsole games service is exactly as i would have expected it to be. Probably something more for the younglings.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 09:52 AM   #3
MattKaz85
Registered
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW X5 M60i

How do you get the AirConsole app to show in App Library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
I activated the trial. It was straightforward and was activated quickly there after.

The download took a while and it downloads two applications.

As for the apps. The Tivo Video service is exactly as it was before during the testing last year (in otherwords bad) where you still can't use the idrive controller in the app and the screen real estate has not being optimized for the strange iDrive screen size.

The Airconsole games service is exactly as i would have expected it to be. Probably something more for the younglings.
Did you have to do anything to get the app in your App Library? I subscribed, refreshed everything as directed, etc. and still don't see any new menu options. TIA!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 06:31 PM   #4
apw2607
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKaz85 View Post
Did you have to do anything to get the app in your App Library? I subscribed, refreshed everything as directed, etc. and still don't see any new menu options. TIA!
It might take up too 48 hrs to appear. Keep doing the refresh apps and services option to force a check.

Once the apps do appear (merely shortcuts) and you select one, it will then take a further 20 minutes or so for the apps to actually download to the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 03:55 PM   #5
BeEmVee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
It might take up too 48 hrs to appear. Keep doing the refresh apps and services option to force a check.

Once the apps do appear (merely shortcuts) and you select one, it will then take a further 20 minutes or so for the apps to actually download to the car.
So even though “Entertainment” shows active in connected drive store, it still takes a few days for the app to actually appear? Same with “Traffic Camera Information”. Both are active for me but I don’t see how to use them anywhere. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 10:21 AM   #6
BeEmVee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

5 days and still no Apps are showing up even though connected drive shows them as active. Have done multiple manual system updates (of which no new updates were available). Anyone have an idea how to troubleshoot?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:23 PM   #7
apw2607
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVee View Post
5 days and still no Apps are showing up even though connected drive shows them as active. Have done multiple manual system updates (of which no new updates were available). Anyone have an idea how to troubleshoot?
I would raise a ticket with connected drive support
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:52 PM   #8
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Have you tried a reboot of iDrive? Sometimes that kicks in app updates that are "lost in space".
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 06:33 PM   #9
BeEmVee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Have you tried a reboot of iDrive? Sometimes that kicks in app updates that are "lost in space".
Yes! Finally got the widgets though shouldn’t have needed to reset twice and spend all that time. Traffic camera information either doesn’t work where I’m located or doesn’t work at all and entertainment just seems to be low resolution kids games (I never got an entertainment app banner like others have, just one for air console games) unless I’m missing something. Took a lot of time and unnecessary troubleshooting.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 07:36 PM   #10
apw2607
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes! Finally got the widgets though shouldn’t have needed to reset twice and spend all that time. Traffic camera information either doesn’t work where I’m located or doesn’t work at all and entertainment just seems to be low resolution kids games (I never got an entertainment app banner like others have, just one for air console games) unless I’m missing something. Took a lot of time and unnecessary troubleshooting.
The two new apps under this new entertainment service are air console and video app. Both should be visible in all apps.
Appreciate 0