BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

BMW Lease Protection

I have searched this and didn’t come up with a whole lot. I saw previous posts with rim and tire, etc. On my previous 2 leases I have purchased this but it was only about $500ish to do so. I have no idea what the cost is on the 2020 M50i. When I turned my previous lease in the nicks, dings, windshield etc were about $800 which in turn saved me $300 out of pocket. I live down in New Orleans where our roads are terrible and I will be driving this in a sales job every day. I believe we are about to move forward on a deal and this would be the only thing I would consider adding. Anyone have an idea on price for this? I’ve also read where the lease turn in company has not been very lenient.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I have searched this and didn't come up with a whole lot. I saw previous posts with rim and tire, etc. On my previous 2 leases I have purchased this but it was only about $500ish to do so. I have no idea what the cost is on the 2020 M50i. When I turned my previous lease in the nicks, dings, windshield etc were about $800 which in turn saved me $300 out of pocket. I live down in New Orleans where our roads are terrible and I will be driving this in a sales job every day. I believe we are about to move forward on a deal and this would be the only thing I would consider adding. Anyone have an idea on price for this? I've also read where the lease turn in company has not been very lenient.
I've skipped purchasing any type of lease turn in protection for all of my BMWs I've leased I've true past 18 years. I just turned mine in with normal wear and road tear - front with rock chips, a scraped from right wheel, tires close to the bar. My CA looked it over, shook my hands and said not to worry. As long as it isn't tore up you'll be fine.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
I've skipped purchasing any type of lease turn in protection for all of my BMWs I've leased I've true past 18 years. I just turned mine in with normal wear and road tear - front with rock chips, a scraped from right wheel, tires close to the bar. My CA looked it over, shook my hands and said not to worry. As long as it isn't tore up you'll be fine.
Thank you for all of your help and responses. I had to replace tires mid way on my last one so I guess the cost of that pretty much equals out what the price of the plan would be.
Appreciate 0