BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-20-2023, 04:50 PM   #1
beeme55
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i 2020

Anyone installed a Powered Sub via Match UP DSP?

Currently I have the Match 8UP and noticed it has a "Line Out" for subs and other accessories.
Has anyone done this?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 06:46 PM   #2
Tch-Nrd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeme55 View Post
Currently I have the Match 8UP and noticed it has a "Line Out" for subs and other accessories.
Has anyone done this?
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=24

Yes I have.
Simply use one RCA cable from the DSP to your new amp.
Mine isn't a powered sub, I went full install. Super easy to do and gives you more options.
The line out on the DSP is usually set to off, unless you told BimmerTech you were hooking up an aftermarket amp and sub.

If you email their customer support, they will send you a file with the line out turned on. Then connect your laptop to the DSP and upload the file to the DSP.
You can also turn the line out on, by hooking up your laptop to the DSP and adjusting a setting or two.
I had BimmerTech send me the file, since they can adjust and set the frequency crossover range for your new subwoofer.
      05-20-2023, 07:55 PM   #3
beeme55
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tch-Nrd View Post

Yes I have.
Mine isn't a powered sub, I went full install. Super easy to do and gives you more options.
The line out on the DSP is usually set to off, unless you told BimmerTech you were hooking up an aftermarket amp and sub.

If you email their customer support, they will send you a file with the line out turned on. Then connect your laptop to the DSP and upload the file to the DSP.
You can also turn the line out on, by hooking up your laptop to the DSP and adjusting a setting or two.
I had BimmerTech send me the file, since they can adjust and set the frequency crossover range for your new subwoofer.
Thanks.
Did you run the remote wire from the DSP to the AMP? So it turns on when the DSP gives the signal?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2023, 09:11 PM   #4
Tch-Nrd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeme55 View Post
Thanks.
Did you run the remote wire from the DSP to the AMP? So it turns on when the DSP gives the signal?
The JL Audio amp I used has a setting that turns it on, when the DSP receives power.
So I only needed the one RCA cable.
Otherwise, yes you will need the remote wire as well, to tell the amp to turn on.
      07-03-2023, 12:12 AM   #5
DropTopKingM3
... space for rent ..
Albania
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 // G05 X5

Quote:

Yes I have.

Hey man, which RCA cable did you use? Im seeing one RCA jack but theres two on the amp. Did you use a Y cable?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 12:49 AM   #6
Tch-Nrd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I had the same question and almost ordered y adapter, until I contacted BimmerTech.
They said for RCA's all you'll need is a single one connected best to the Left input RCA.

Furthermore, if you have a JL Audio amp with signal sensing - you can skip the remote wire.
One RCA from DSP to amp, then amp turns on when DSP turns on after you start the vehicle.
I love it, clean and simple install.
      07-05-2023, 02:06 AM   #7
DropTopKingM3
... space for rent ..
Albania
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 // G05 X5

Quote:
I had the same question and almost ordered y adapter, until I contacted BimmerTech.
They said for RCA's all you'll need is a single one connected best to the Left input RCA.

Furthermore, if you have a JL Audio amp with signal sensing - you can skip the remote wire.
One RCA from DSP to amp, then amp turns on when DSP turns on after you start the vehicle.
I love it, clean and simple install.
Thank you for this 🙏
Appreciate 1
Tch-Nrd124.50