BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-23-2021, 09:50 PM   #265
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Took delivery of another 45e today (build date 12/8). I can confirm that the car has the touchscreen as well as the hitch, which I had in my build before the option was removed.
      12-24-2021, 12:41 AM   #266
John925
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xdrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
Took delivery of another 45e today (build date 12/8). I can confirm that the car has the touchscreen as well as the hitch, which I had in my build before the option was removed.
When did you order? Did you order before they deleted it?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 06:54 AM   #267
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

Haven’t seen a X5/X6 built after November without a Touchscreen, looks like it was that 3 week period. If it’s being built now, you should be okay. My X6 is awaiting carrier assignment and when I decode, there is no touchscreen delete

Last edited by 2dangerous; 12-24-2021 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 07:31 AM   #268
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John925 View Post
When did you order? Did you order before they deleted it?
My config was in the ordering system back in September with no production number at the time. They removed the hitch as an option around November before I had a build slot assigned but it did not impact my build.
      07-21-2022, 11:04 PM   #269
zedex636
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
1. Browse to https://mygarage.bmwusa.com and login
2. Select My Vehicles page
3. Safari | Preferences | Advanced |
4. Check Show Developer menu in menu bar
5. Right-click to show popup menu
6. Select Inspect Element
7. Click Network tab
8. Refresh page
9. Click XHR/Fetch
10. Click forward entries till you find the right one
Thanks! This worked well for me!

To take it one step further, you can install brew and then jq to just pull down the json blob from the web site without having to load mygarage.bmwusa.com.

Go here to install homebrew on your Mac: https://brew.sh

Then in a terminal, run the command:

Code:
brew install jq
This will install the jq utility which will make reading the output easier.

Next follow the instructions by omasou.

Once you find the "forward" entry that has your build info, right click on that "forward" name and select "Copy as cURL".

Then go to your terminal window and paste what you copied there. It will be a very large amount of text.

Don't share that text as it includes your access token which could be used to access your mygarage account.

If you hit return after pasting that text, you will see a big block of text with quotes, curly braces and brackets (the json blob). To make it more readable, after you paste the ""Copy as cURL" to your terminal, before you hit return, add "| jq ." (without the quotes) and then hit return. It will look more like what you see in Safari's developer console.

example:

Code:
curl 'https://mygarage.bmwusa.com/bin/api/forward?GroupId=...blahblahblah...-H 'Connection: keep-alive' \\n-H 'X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest' | jq .
One thing I have noticed, to make it easier to find the correct entry in Safari is that the one that takes the most time (ie: seconds (s) vs milliseconds (ms)) is usually the one with the data you want, since it is pulling that data from bmw's servers.

Save the text that you copied from "Copy as cURL" into a text document and you can copy/paste that same command into the terminal any time you want to see your status. You won't have to load Safari and open the developer console after that (unless your token expires; I'm not sure how long that last but it is multiple days at least).

Or if you keep your terminal open (and sometimes even if you close it and re-open it), you can hit the up arrow on your keyboard to recall previously used commands and that big long command may reappear and you can just hit return again to execute it.

One other tip, You can keep track of deletions by pulling down the json blob and reading the "options" field and keeping track of the word count:

Code:
curl 'https://mygarage.bmwusa.com/bin/api/forward?GroupId=...blahblahblah...-H 'Connection: keep-alive' \\n-H 'X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest' | jq '.dataContent.ProdVehicleDetails[0].options'|wc
       1      79     397
The number 79 is the number of options for your vehicle. If it decreases or increases, then there has been a change to your vehicle (decrease would be a deletion).

One thing that I was surprised by was that mine increased to 80 and I found out that they added the transportation protection (09AA) to mine.

I hope this helps some people find their info easier and faster.

Last edited by zedex636; 07-21-2022 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: Wrap code
Appreciate 1
DG-X5168.00