BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #67
Ultbruin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M5

Just got a call from my dealer. He told me he spoke to distribution and they believe the automatic lower tailgate may not return this year if at all.
If this is true can anybody confirm what the manual lower tailgate function is like? On prior generation there’s a latch/handle. Heard for G05 it’s still a button to release latch and then you manually push gate down. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 04:23 PM   #68
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultbruin View Post
Heard for G05 it’s still a button to release latch and then you manually push gate down. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance.
No one, at least here, knows at this point since none have been delivered. It will likely be a few weeks until we know for sure.
      04-01-2022, 05:06 PM   #69
alexcus2man
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i

Quote:
Just got a call from my dealer. He told me he spoke to distribution and they believe the automatic lower tailgate may not return this year if at all.
If this is true can anybody confirm what the manual lower tailgate function is like? On prior generation there’s a latch/handle. Heard for G05 it’s still a button to release latch and then you manually push gate down. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance.
What models are you referring to exactly? I haven’t heard anything about this, and even spoke with my dealer. They had also not heard anything about this. Are you specifically referring to the 45e? I have an M50i on order and scheduled for week 16 production.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 05:16 PM   #70
Ultbruin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcus2man View Post
What models are you referring to exactly? I haven’t heard anything about this, and even spoke with my dealer. They had also not heard anything about this. Are you specifically referring to the 45e? I have an M50i on order and scheduled for week 16 production.
My order is for the 45e. Not sure if this pertains to all X5.
      04-01-2022, 07:10 PM   #71
oscaput
Rep
Drives: GTI

Perusal of the older forum posts reveals the manual lower tailgate function was implemented in some European deliveries in 2019. Buyers were disappointed to find that "standard" power lower gate release was not installed in vehicles lacking the Comfort Access package. The button on the top of the lower gate would unlatch the gate which then has to be lowered manually. The button for lowering the vehicle was present in some vehicles.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...lower+tailgate

Retrofit of the power option was felt not to be an option

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...lower+tailgate
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #72
arRod1981
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e M-Sport

Garage List
My CA texted to say my order had been corrected. It was showing Convenience Package instead of Executive Package. And also that he was informed it won't have the automatic lower tailgate, it will be discounted some for that, and did I still want to move forward with the order. I haven't responded back yet due to being busy with work.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 10:20 PM   #73
Ultbruin
Private First Class
Rep

Here's a youtube of the best I can find for G05 manual lower tailgate. Looks like it's still an electronic release.
At 3:10
      04-02-2022, 07:23 AM   #74
Eyezlee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 M50i | 18 Ford Raptor |

Just put a deposit down on a 22 M50i. Dealer called to say we had an allocation with everything I optioned EXCEPT tailgate. I'm glad I found this thread. The video shows it's not that big of a loss. I'm going to keep my place on line. Currently week 19 build.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 09:00 AM   #75
alexcus2man
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyezlee View Post
Just put a deposit down on a 22 M50i. Dealer called to say we had an allocation with everything I optioned EXCEPT tailgate. I'm glad I found this thread. The video shows it's not that big of a loss. I'm going to keep my place on line. Currently week 19 build.
I’m confused by this. The automatic lower tailgate isn’t an option. It is a standard feature to my knowledge. Is the dealer communicating that the lower tailgate is deleted due to supply chain and availability issues? How are they discounting you for this standard option delete?

Also curious if you paid MSRP or received any sort of discount.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 09:35 AM   #76
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
I’m confused by this. The automatic lower tailgate isn’t an option. It is a standard feature to my knowledge. Is the dealer communicating that the lower tailgate is deleted due to supply chain and availability issues? How are they discounting you for this standard option delete?

Someone said on page 2 of this thread that the credit was $150.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 10:17 AM   #77
Eyezlee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 M50i | 18 Ford Raptor |

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyezlee View Post

The electric auto opening is not available. Instead it's electric lock, manual lower and raise. -$150 for the loss of feature.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 10:19 AM   #78
alexcus2man
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBear View Post
Someone said on page 2 of this thread that the credit was $150.
Yes I saw that but believe that is ridiculous. I’d assume you can negotiate better than a measly $150 discount. Nobody would opt for this savings if you could choose between manual or automatic function on the lower tailgate. If this thread is true for all X5 build models, I’d be strongly negotiating for at least a $750-$1,000 discount—especially if they didn’t notify prior to delivery. I am also curious if this poster who has an M50i on order paid MSRP or had any sort of discount or incentive applied.

I am going to be extremely disappointed if my M50i arrives with a lower manual tailgate and the dealer didn’t mention this—especially after I spoke with them this week and he said they hadn’t heard anything about this.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 01:48 PM   #79
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Yes I saw that but believe that is ridiculous. I’d assume you can negotiate better than a measly $150 discount. Nobody would opt for this savings if you could choose between manual or automatic function on the lower tailgate. If this thread is true for all X5 build models, I’d be strongly negotiating for at least a $750-$1,000 discount—especially if they didn’t notify prior to delivery. I am also curious if this poster who has an M50i on order paid MSRP or had any sort of discount or incentive applied.

I am going to be extremely disappointed if my M50i arrives with a lower manual tailgate and the dealer didn’t mention this—especially after I spoke with them this week and he said they hadn’t heard anything about this.
Good luck but your chances of getting more than $150, at least from BMW, are zero. Maybe your dealer would throw a bit at you but given how the market is they probably will just say take it or leave it.

Hopefully you don't have to worry about it and will not get hit with manual lower tailgate.
      04-02-2022, 07:57 PM   #80
ravinxd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 with M-sport pkg

One day the ones with the manual tailgates will be collectors items! Heheh..🤓… I'm at week 16 build, so hopefully no more deletions (I did come across a random 4 series video on YouTube with power seat deletion). That one would be a tough swallow. 😐
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 10:39 PM   #81
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinxd View Post
One day the ones with the manual tailgates will be collectors items! Heheh..🤓… I'm at week 16 build, so hopefully no more deletions (I did come across a random 4 series video on YouTube with power seat deletion). That one would be a tough swallow. 😐
I also have a week 16 build. Did your dealer reach out to you about any deletions? I feel like mine is not very forth coming with any info.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 12:45 AM   #82
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Problem is, you can refuse it with the manual tailgate and the dealership really won’t care, they’ll find someone else to buy it before it even hits the lot. Crazy times 😕
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2022, 06:28 AM   #83
ravinxd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 with M-sport pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinxd View Post
I also have a week 16 build. Did your dealer reach out to you about any deletions? I feel like mine is not very forth coming with any info.
My dealer has not informed me of any deletions. As jiggie stated, it's really a "take it or leave it" situation. Most cars are selling before they hit the lot..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 10:18 PM   #84
quad_drive
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 45e; 20 Cayenne S; 17 Q7

I have a 45e on order with the deletion listed on the order sheet.

I was just thinking about that, with the 45e standard with air suspension. I thought the button to lower the rear suspension was on the lower tailgate, right next to the the lower electronic tailgate button.

With the lower tailgate being manual, hence no more button, probably a latch now.

What happened to the lowering suspension button?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 01:15 AM   #85
MatchboxM1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad_drive View Post

I was just thinking about that, with the 45e standard with air suspension. I thought the button to lower the rear suspension was on the lower tailgate, right next to the the lower electronic tailgate button.

With the lower tailgate being manual, hence no more button, probably a latch now.

Now the air suspension button is what I accidentally often. My Discovery had a nice panel on the left hand side for all the seats and air suspension. Far better design.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 04:55 AM   #86
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad_drive View Post

earlier reports and even a video show the button is still there, but it's an electronic latch. there's no motor so the user has to manually raise or lower the gate. next to the electronic latch release is the air suspension load button which will likely still be in place
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 08:52 AM   #87
Moebus
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I'm pretty sure that recently had some folks post that they had something on their vehicle when they picked it up that they weren't expecting but don't know the details. I would say in general that doesn't happen.
Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys. Has anyone ever had a deletion added back during production on their order?
Air suspension and soft close doors were deleted on my January xdrive 40i build. Both appeared after production
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 12:12 PM   #88
Pattru
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5(G05),120i(E88), 530i(E34)

Garage List
In Germany, lower manual tailgate is standard. I got it, don't miss the powered one at all.
You got 2 buttons, one to open the tail gate and one to lower the air suspension.
For opening the tail gate, you push the button and then open the tail gate by hand.
For closing, you just push it up and it's closed.
I only open it when I have to put in the stroller, otherwise it mostly stays closed.
Appreciate 1