BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #45
NWAviator
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
I was going to post something similar to $1,000 shouldn't sway your purchasing decision.

Are there other loyalty programs out there for Audi, Porsche, etc...? I was under the impression that the BMW CCA rebate program was unique, but perhaps not.

Audi doesn't offer a rebate, but rather a 6% discount for club members. They also have a six month waiting period to get that discount.
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      12-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #46
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
It's on their website - renew, get the screen shot of this, and make them honor their published commitment!
It doesn't affect me but there is no future commitment with that statement, that just shows the current situation.

The rules of the rebate program are clearly spelled out and it says "BMW NA reserves the right to make program changes without prior notification.".
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #47
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
It's on their website - renew, get the screen shot of this, and make them honor their published commitment!
Yes sir just did that!!!
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      12-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #48
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
I just went to the BMWCCA website. Clearly states as of today 12/21/19- new update that if you purchase a 3 year membership you are IMMEDIATELY (underlined) eligible for the membership rebate program on a new vehicle purchase. Went through all the fine print, no cutoff or expiration date.
You hit the nail on the head as to why they will not and do not have too honor the rebate (given what the OP posted is true). If you did it today, you would get the rebate.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #49
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAviator View Post
Audi doesn't offer a rebate, but rather a 6% discount for club members. They also have a six month waiting period to get that discount.
Issue is BMWCCA has of of TODAY 12/21 - join for 3 years & be immediately eligible for the rebate.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #50
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
It doesn't affect me but there is no future commitment with that statement, that just shows the current situation.

The rules of the rebate program are clearly spelled out and it says "BMW NA reserves the right to make program changes without prior notification.".
I absolutely agree with you about their right to change the program at any time. Peace on that point.

However... if their website TODAY says renew with a three year membership or greater and immediately be eligible for the discount, do you think they would be able to deny a member of the benefit they are committing to? I'm not a contract law person, but to me I don't believe they could.
      12-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #51
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAviator View Post
Issue is BMWCCA has of of TODAY 12/21 - join for 3 years & be immediately eligible for the rebate.
This was my point exactly.
      12-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #52
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head as to why they will not and do not have too honor the rebate (given what the OP posted is true). If you did it today, you would get the rebate.
I'm confused as to what your saying. Does not matter what someone says over the phone to the OP. Nothing on the BMWCCA membership website TODAY says ANYTHING about a 6 month waiting period. All web information still
shows immediate with a 3 year membership. Once they change that then it"s a different ballgame.
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      12-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #53
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you about their right to change the program at any time. Peace on that point.

However... if their website TODAY says renew with a three year membership or greater and immediately be eligible for the discount, do you think they would be able to deny a member of the benefit they are committing to? I'm not a contract law person, but to me I don't believe they could.
Absolutely they can change the program at any time- but it would need to be changed. Bait & switch to have the immediate rebate eligibility shown everywhere on their site & sign up accordingly, then says program changed. I would say anybody who wants it sign up fast.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #54
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:

If you join today and get a three year membership you will get the rebate. I'm not saying they are doing this supposed change the best way they can but it is certainly legal for them to change the rules.

You could certainly argue with BMWCCA to get your membership fee back but BMWNA would not owe you anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #55
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I'm confused as to what your saying. Does not matter what someone says over the phone to the OP. Nothing on the BMWCCA membership website TODAY says ANYTHING about a 6 month waiting period. All web information still
shows immediate with a 3 year membership. Once they change that then it"s a different ballgame.
See my post above and it should be clear.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #56
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If you join today and get a three year membership you will get the rebate. I'm not saying they are doing this supposed change the best way they can but it is certainly legal for them to change the rules.

You could certainly argue with BMWCCA to get your membership fee back but BMWNA would not owe you anything.
I believe we are talking past each other. I 100 percent agree that they can change to rules at any time. But when their website clearly makes a COMMITMENT to honor the rebate under the terms they specify, that's as iron-clad as I could make it if I were drafting a contract!

BTW, since the rates are increasing sometime in January, I just extended through the end of 2025. So I do not have a dog in the hunt, so to speak.
      12-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #57
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Ok, got ya. Hey as long as will get the rebate I'm happy. Again BMW certainly can do whatever it wants with the program, but what they can't legally do is make a change, but not update the membership program online. Again as of today It's in black & white. Frankly all they have to do is revise website with the change & their done.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #58
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I believe we are talking past each other. I 100 percent agree that they can change to rules at any time. But when their website clearly makes a COMMITMENT to honor the rebate under the terms they specify, that's as iron-clad as I could make it if I were drafting a contract!

BTW, since the rates are increasing sometime in January, I just extended through the end of 2025. So I do not have a dog in the hunt, so to speak.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #59
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:

These are the terms of the "contract" I see on their website:

A non-refundable membership of three or more years purchased on or before the purchase date of the vehicle may immediately qualify a member to apply for a rebate.

Although it is confusing, sounds like TurtleBoy would be correct, although it does say "may." After 1 Jan 2020, I'm guessing not, and perhaps the website will change then....
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #60
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
These are the terms of the "contract" I see on their website:

A non-refundable membership of three or more years purchased on or before the purchase date of the vehicle may immediately qualify a member to apply for a rebate.

Although it is confusing, sounds like TurtleBoy would be correct, although it does say "may." After 1 Jan 2020, I'm guessing not....
Well they can't enforce one part of the "contract" but no another.
Yes it says non refundable - but if they don't honor the stated immediate rebate eligibly, they don't have a leg to stand on if I dispute membership fee.

NEW UPDATE: Purchase a three-year membership or longer, and immediately meet the membership qualification for the Membership Reward Rebate Program!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #61
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:

No, you are missing the point. That website makes no commitment for a rebate for the future, or technically even for today, whatsoever. By your logic, you can join now, print out the screen and in 2 years force them to give you a rebate. That is not how it works. Besides, the website is totally accurate because as of today, you can join with a three year membership and get the rebate.

The rebate program is controlled by BMWNA and it is their rules which apply. Whatever the website says is between BMWCCA and the member.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 12-21-2019 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Grammer
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #62
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Ok, got ya. Hey as long as will get the rebate I'm happy. Again BMW certainly can do whatever it wants with the program, but what they can't legally do is make a change, but not update the membership program online. Again as of today It's in black & white. Frankly all they have to do is revise website with the change & their done.
You keep repeating your mistakes. BMWNA can change it at any time and those changes are not effected one bit by what the website says or doesn't say. That website is not controlled by BMWNA and in no way constitutes a contract/commitment by BMWNA. The most you would have is a beef with BMWCCA.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #63
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No, you are missing the point. That website makes no commitment for a rebate for the future, or technically even for today, whatsoever. By your logic, you can join now, print out the screen and in 2 years force them to give you a rebate. That is not how it works. Besides, the website is totally accurate because as of today, you can join with e three year membership and get the rebate.

The rebate program is controlled by BMWNA and it is there rules which apply. Whatever the website says is between BMWCCA and the member.
I now understand your point, and agree. However, BMW CCA would no doubt suffer as a result of any said future action.
      12-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #64
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I now understand your point, and agree. However, BMW CCA would no doubt suffer as a result of any said future action.
Very good. They may. In my opinion if they are making this change, they should have either issued the new rules in July so BMWCCA could have posted an update or take into account the order date for rebate applications that come from new members with a membership date after July and an order date previous to 12/31/2019.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #65
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You keep repeating your mistakes. BMWNA can change it at any time and those changes are not effected one bit by what the website says or doesn't say. That website is not controlled by BMWNA and in no way constitutes a contract/commitment by BMWNA. The most you would have is a beef with BMWCCA.
I understand that. I am giving it a shot, either - I will get the rebate by signing up today where it states on 12/21 immediately eligible or BMWCCA will refund my membership fee. Simple as that, nothing to lose.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #66
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I'm not supposed to sign on my car until 1/2 for he order I placed in October. Wonder if I should get them to move that up to 12/31 so I can sneak in before this change.
Appreciate 0