BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #67
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
I understand that. I am giving it a shot, either - I will get the rebate by signing up today where it states on 12/21 immediately eligible or BMWCCA will refund my membership fee. Simple as that, nothing to lose.
Yes, it certainly doesn't hurt to try. You may even keep the membership even if you don't get the rebate. I enjoy reading the magazine and the club does offer a wide array of activities.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #68
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

In what world is trading 150 bucks for 1k (or 500,750 or whatever) a sustainable business model. It isn't.

I guarantee you there is a percentage who even try to cancel the 3 year after getting a rebate. I see behavior like that in consumer sales in my business. It never ceases to amaze.

They clearly tested the market and behavior with the 3 year purchase/immediate eligibility benefit, hoping the overall increase in memberships would exceeded the cost of the rebates. Looks like that wasn't the case.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #69
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Is there any other ways you might be eligible? I used the USAA discount, which was pretty easy and a decent chunk of money. I always find it's the weirdest instances or memberships that get you that last minute, unknown discount. Previously, I took advantage of my company's "fleet" discount when purchasing an M3. Save a few grand, which I did not expect. Scour the web!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #70
Amsa7151
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
It doesn't affect me but there is no future commitment with that statement, that just shows the current situation.

The rules of the rebate program are clearly spelled out and it says "BMW NA reserves the right to make program changes without prior notification.".
I think they should have said something. They knew people were taking advantage of it and wanted to shut it off. But they could have given reasonable notice. People factor that into the overall purchase even if it doesn’t change their overall decision. The right thing to do would have been to say we’re ending this in a week or a month or as of x date and put people on notice.

I’m going to call Monday for myself because I factored in that rebate into my own purchase and want to benefit from it. If they says we will honor it so long as you signup by Dec 31, that’s great. If not, too bad and just an unfortunate situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 12:21 PM   #71
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Yes, it certainly doesn't hurt to try. You may even keep the membership even if you don't get the rebate. I enjoy reading the magazine and the club does offer a wide array of activities.
No I won’t just out of principal. Actually could be considered fraud or false advertising to promote a benefit of membership
on day of signup then deny it.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #72
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgjoX6M2016 View Post
In what world is trading 150 bucks for 1k (or 500,750 or whatever) a sustainable business model. It isn't.

I guarantee you there is a percentage who even try to cancel the 3 year after getting a rebate. I see behavior like that in consumer sales in my business. It never ceases to amaze.

They clearly tested the market and behavior with the 3 year purchase/immediate eligibility benefit, hoping the overall increase in memberships would exceeded the cost of the rebates. Looks like that wasn't the case.
BMWCCA does not give out the rebates, those are from BMWNA so there is no correlation/dependence/etc. on the membership fees and the rebates.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 12:50 PM   #73
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
No I won’t just out of principal. Actually could be considered fraud or false advertising to promote a benefit of membership
on day of signup then deny it.
This is exactly how I feel and I hope others do as well. I will never have anything to do with BMWCCA again if they fraudulently change the rules midstream. I already ordered while their rules clearly state the rebate applies.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #74
midlifecrisis
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35d, 2019 230i X

BMW CCA doesn't set the rules for this program, BMW NA does. It's unfortunate that BMW NA didn't provide more warning about the changes to this program. CCA has been put between a rock and a hard place on his one.
2000 328i sedan (UUC suspension - still the favorite), 2006 M3 slick top - Alpine White/Cinnamon
SOLD! 2008 E90 M3 SOLD! 1991 325iX (both great), 2019 Miata RF - various others not as memorable but gone.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #75
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
BMWCCA does not give out the rebates, those are from BMWNA so there is no correlation/dependence/etc. on the membership fees and the rebates.
I think your missing the forest for the trees a little here. Of course there is a correlation between BMWNA & BMWCCA. They collaborate to offer this incentive. And if a person joins the club & pays the membership fees solely based on the rebate they have the right to expect it if the info they see on the day of enrollment denotes it.
Both parties are responsible here.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #76
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I think your missing the forest for the trees a little here. Of course there is a correlation between BMWNA & BMWCCA. They collaborate to offer this incentive. And if a person joins the club & pays the membership fees solely based on the rebate they have the right to expect it if the info they see on the day of enrollment denotes it.
Both parties are responsible here.
No, actually I think you are being so emotional about the issue that you aren't reading and comprehending the posts. My post was in response to DgjoX6M2016 's where he mistakenly describes a business model that does not exist.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 01:49 PM   #77
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No, actually I think you are being so emotional about the issue that you aren't reading and comprehending the posts. My post was in response to DgjoX6M2016 's where he mistakenly describes a business model that does not exist.

No I am not emotional. Please don’t try to tell me there is no correlation between BMW and the club. If you think any company can solicit paid membership by offering a discount or incentive IN WRITING,
Then deny that member the offer after the fact - “Houston we have a problem” Don’t make the mistake of confusing standing up for principal and what is right with emotion is this screwed up world.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #78
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
No I am not emotional. Please don’t try to tell me there is no correlation between BMW and the club. If you think any company can solicit paid membership by offering a discount or incentive IN WRITING,
Then deny that member the offer after the fact - “Houston we have a problem” Don’t make the mistake of confusing standing up for principal and what is right with emotion is this screwed up world.
Okay, then it is just a reading comprehension issue. There is absolutely zero correlation between the revenue derived from the BMWCCA membership fees and the money that is available from BMWNA to pay for the rebates.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2019, 02:20 PM   #79
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
if a $1000 rebate is the breaking point or a big issue then maybe don't buy one? I get it, they did something rather shady (BMW NA) but I'd expect nothing less, even so I'm still a BMWCCA member and enjoy the brand as a whole. I got my membership a while before this BMW. I know a lot of people are doing what you're describing so maybe BMW is catching on or trying to get member count up. Either way I get being annoyed but not much can be done unfortunately.
I was going to post something similar to $1,000 shouldn't sway your purchasing decision.

Are there other loyalty programs out there for Audi, Porsche, etc...? I was under the impression that the BMW CCA rebate program was unique, but perhaps not.
I'm not sure, possibly? I think Audi has one but it's been a few years and I don't remember
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      12-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #80
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
if a $1000 rebate is the breaking point or a big issue then maybe don't buy one? I get it, they did something rather shady (BMW NA) but I'd expect nothing less, even so I'm still a BMWCCA member and enjoy the brand as a whole. I got my membership a while before this BMW. I know a lot of people are doing what you're describing so maybe BMW is catching on or trying to get member count up. Either way I get being annoyed but not much can be done unfortunately.
If you are an owner for a while then you get it. BMW makes a great driving vehicle but many of us have our history. Fuel pump failures, water pump failures, ABS hydros, on new cars weighs on peeps. I am still loyal and bought under a presumption with rules they clearly state. I can’t get the vehicle faster than they will give it to me. They have my deposit and my money. They know I am committed. In fairness, they should honor it for people who ordered before the change. It isn’t right to do that to customers. That’s all.
I agree with you, unfortunately BMW probably did this for some reason none of us will ever know. I would be annoyed too don't get me wrong. I have a 3 year membership that I'll probably make a lifetime then forget about these issues. it's not that expensive and what they've given for rebates already would easily cover that cost. I think this is the best solution for the future
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #81
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Okay, then it is just a reading comprehension issue. There is absolutely zero correlation between the revenue derived from the BMWCCA membership fees and the money that is available from BMWNA to pay for the rebates.
Well glad you admitted having a reading comprehension issue, since nobody here even mentioned any connection between BMWNA using the
BMWCCA membership fees to pay the rebates.

But you do understand the 2 entities collaborated to offer the rebate program. Please tell me you do.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #82
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
I agree with you, unfortunately BMW probably did this for some reason none of us will ever know. I would be annoyed too don't get me wrong. I have a 3 year membership that I'll probably make a lifetime then forget about these issues. it's not that expensive and what they've given for rebates already would easily cover that cost. I think this is the best solution for the future
If lifetime was the new requirement and they would honor the rebate, then I would do that today. I am just saying that changing midstream to make it impossible for me to meet the requirement is wrong. Maybe adjust to 5 years or lifetime to allow those who are waiting to be included. Feeling like you aren’t important stinks when people like me followed the rules.

If I am left on the sideline because of a rule change while I have already ordered and am waiting is wrong. For me, it would be enough to never do business with CCA again. I would hope the club considers finding a way to include those of us waiting for our vehicle that we already paid money for. I have emailed them a follow up to this point.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #83
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Well glad you admitted having a reading comprehension issue, since nobody here even mentioned any connection between BMWNA using the
BMWCCA membership fees to pay the rebates.

But you do understand the 2 entities collaborated to offer the rebate program. Please tell me you do.
Now you are just being a troll since you can't possibly be that lost in this conversation. Just in case you are being serious, try looking up to the post that I mentioned, maybe you will learn something.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #84
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Now you are just being a troll since you can't possibly be that lost in this conversation. Just in case you are being serious, try looking up to the post that I mentioned, maybe you will learn something.
I do not need any reading lessons or veiled insults from you- I know turtles
are supposed to be slow but wow.

If you cannot understand what I & others are saying here about actively
advertising the rebate program as of today change the channel.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #85
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I do not need any reading lessons or veiled insults from you- I know turtles
are supposed to be slow but wow.

If you cannot understand what I & others are saying here about actively
advertising the rebate program as of today change the channel.
Why do I waste my time? I see a fellow member clearly lost and try and provide some information and this is the response I get. Oh well, may you have fun wallowing in your ignorance because I, and hopefully others on here, will not be lending a hand.
Appreciate 2
      12-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #86
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Why do I waste my time? I see a fellow member clearly lost and try and provide some information and this is the response I get. Oh well, may you have fun wallowing in your ignorance because I, and hopefully others on here, will not be lending a hand.

Stop with the self righteous know it all bull, it has become nauseating.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #87
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Stop with the self righteous know it all bull, it has become nauseating.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #88
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0