BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-20-2024, 06:50 AM   #1
scottie31
Rep
Drives: future x5

Getting Ready To Order a 2025 X5 xDrive40i - a few questions

I'm excited to pull the trigger on my first X5! I've done my research into the process but I'd like to confirm a few things.

First, I'm reaching out to several dealers to confirm they have an allocation and see what kind of discount I can get. I'm in Iowa, but willing to travel if I can find a solid discount. Right now I'm targeting dealers in Iowa and the surrounding states: Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin. It appears the only method of contacting sales is to fill out forms on each dealers site. Is there a better way to go about this?

Second, has anyone seen recent discounts on custom orders in the midwest? I've found some discount threads but those referencing the midwest were older posts. If there's significant discounts in other parts of the US, I'm willing to explore that option for possible delivery.

Here's my build for reference:

2025 X5 xDrive40i
M Sport
Tanzanite Blue II Metallic
20" M Star-spoke Bi-color Wheels, Style 740M with All-season Run-flat Tires

Black Extended Merino Leather
Fineline Black Wood Trim

Climate Comfort Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
M Sport Professional Package
M Sport Brakes with Red Calipers

Parking Assistance Package
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Trailer Hitch
Space-saver spare
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 07:49 AM   #2
Denali05
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

I went through a broker (NextLevelBrokers) when I was purchased my X5 in September last year. I was in the same position that you are in right now by reaching out to local dealers, but quickly found that many were unwilling to confirm any available allocations, and the ones that did have allocations were unwilling to provide any discount off MSRP.

My suggestion is to call nearby dealers to get a feel of the available discounts. If you are not satisfied which what they offer, then reach out to a broker and let them do the search and price negotiation for you.

A data point for you to consider is that back in September 2023, the broker was able to meet the 8% off MSRP along with a confirmed allocation. The whole process was very seamless and took out much of the frustration that comes along with your typical vehicle purchase.

Good luck with your search! You'll love the LCI X5.
Appreciate 1
LDT1393.00
      03-20-2024, 08:42 AM   #3
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

scottie31 I find the best way to contact a dealer is to search “meet our staff” on the dealer website. I usually call instead of write. I’ll often call the sales manager. Tell them what you want and what you expect in terms of a dealer discount EXCLUSIVE of manufacturer incentives and other discounts you may qualify for. Negotiate the price you’ll pay up front. The broker route is also good if you’re willing to travel to pick up the car. Best of luck.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1140.00
      03-20-2024, 09:13 AM   #4
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, BMW G80 IOMG M3 MANUAL

"First, I'm reaching out to several dealers to confirm they have an allocation and see what kind of discount I can get. I'm in Iowa, but willing to travel if I can find a solid discount. Right now I'm targeting dealers in Iowa and the surrounding states: Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin. It appears the only method of contacting sales is to fill out forms on each dealers site. Is there a better way to go about this?

Second, has anyone seen recent discounts on custom orders in the midwest? I've found some discount threads but those referencing the midwest were older posts. If there's significant discounts in other parts of the US, I'm willing to explore that option for possible delivery."

Like LDT said, I would call dealers and talk to someone in person. That's how I've done it.

I just ordered our X5 40i last night from our local dealer in Michigan. We got 6.1% off (I started at 8% on initial want) on a 25 build and received an allocation and production number immediately. I also worked out no markup on the interest rate as well if we go BMW finance. Which a lot of dealers won't negotiate. So ask on that as well.
Appreciate 1
LDT1393.00
      03-20-2024, 09:48 AM   #5
2016BlkBimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Like LDT said, I would call dealers and talk to someone in person. That's how I've done it.

I just ordered our X5 40i last night from our local dealer in Michigan. We got 6.1% off (I started at 8% on initial want) on a 25 build and received an allocation and production number immediately. I also worked out no markup on the interest rate as well if we go BMW finance. Which a lot of dealers won't negotiate. So ask on that as well.
I concur, I was working with this one dealership, but was notified I couldn't get an allocation until 1 or 2 months. Started reaching out to dealerships in the area, as Lucky said, I end up getting 8% off MSRP along with my TrueCar offer and a production number.
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1140.00
LDT1393.00
      03-20-2024, 12:46 PM   #6
GunnarStahl44
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 xDrive i40 M Sport

Great build. I would say other than your color choice, if you are patient, you may not have to order a new build and still get exactly what you want and potentially a better discount by taking something off the lot. At least where I am in the northeast, there are a ton of MY24 builds that have a similar package to what you are looking for and I'm sure MSRP discounts are going way better for leftover MY24 inventory.

That said, I just ordered a MY25 and got 7% off MSRP through my dealer. I've read about similar discounts here on the forum. I am a repeat customer and working with the same salesperson.

In terms of finding a person to work with, my historical strategy was to go on to dealerrater.com and see if one or two particular salesperson names kept getting good reviews and then I would call the dealer and ask to speak with that person specifically and assess their style. I would NOT suggest asking for a random person or walking in without an appointment, they usually hand those off to the junior people or new ones who have no appointments... you don't want that.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1140.00
      03-20-2024, 01:44 PM   #7
novawolverine
Rep
Drives: '25 TBD

I'm in a similar boat and will follow this thread. Lots of helpful info above on navigating this. Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 08:30 PM   #8
scottie31
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali05 View Post
I went through a broker (NextLevelBrokers) when I was purchased my X5 in September last year. I was in the same position that you are in right now by reaching out to local dealers, but quickly found that many were unwilling to confirm any available allocations, and the ones that did have allocations were unwilling to provide any discount off MSRP.

My suggestion is to call nearby dealers to get a feel of the available discounts. If you are not satisfied which what they offer, then reach out to a broker and let them do the search and price negotiation for you.

A data point for you to consider is that back in September 2023, the broker was able to meet the 8% off MSRP along with a confirmed allocation. The whole process was very seamless and took out much of the frustration that comes along with your typical vehicle purchase.

Good luck with your search! You'll love the LCI X5.
Thanks Denali05. This is great info -- and the data point is very helpful!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 08:37 PM   #9
scottie31
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
"First, I'm reaching out to several dealers to confirm they have an allocation and see what kind of discount I can get. I'm in Iowa, but willing to travel if I can find a solid discount. Right now I'm targeting dealers in Iowa and the surrounding states: Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin. It appears the only method of contacting sales is to fill out forms on each dealers site. Is there a better way to go about this?

Second, has anyone seen recent discounts on custom orders in the midwest? I've found some discount threads but those referencing the midwest were older posts. If there's significant discounts in other parts of the US, I'm willing to explore that option for possible delivery."

I think you and LDT are right; calling dealers may get me information faster. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 09:00 PM   #10
scottie31
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarStahl44 View Post
Great build. I would say other than your color choice, if you are patient, you may not have to order a new build and still get exactly what you want and potentially a better discount by taking something off the lot. At least where I am in the northeast, there are a ton of MY24 builds that have a similar package to what you are looking for and I'm sure MSRP discounts are going way better for leftover MY24 inventory.

That said, I just ordered a MY25 and got 7% off MSRP through my dealer. I've read about similar discounts here on the forum. I am a repeat customer and working with the same salesperson.

In terms of finding a person to work with, my historical strategy was to go on to dealerrater.com and see if one or two particular salesperson names kept getting good reviews and then I would call the dealer and ask to speak with that person specifically and assess their style. I would NOT suggest asking for a random person or walking in without an appointment, they usually hand those off to the junior people or new ones who have no appointments... you don't want that.

Good luck!
Thanks for the great recommendations GunnarStahl44. Just started digging into Dealerrater.com and I've already got some good leads on a few sales associates.
Appreciate 1