BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-20-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
ef11
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan M-Sport

WTB - 2019+ xDrive50i Loaded

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a 2019+ xDrive50i.

Prefer white, black or gray may be acceptable.

Packages I'm looking for:
Extended Merino leather
Executive
Bowers & Wilkins
Dynamic Handling preferred
I assume most cars with the above will be pretty loaded, so I won't list all the details (glass controls, etc) but really looking for almost every option.

I'm in Texas but open to any location.

2020 X5 M50i Mineral White / Full Coffee Merino
DHP, DAP, Executive, B&W, Night Vision
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 05:29 PM   #2
Nanometer
Vice Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp & 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
with such specifically chosen specification, you are probably better off searching on Autotrader/Cars.com Etc and filter through them. Chances are pretty low to find those combinations of packages, unless some packages are more important to you than others. You're also spending too much money for a 2019+ for only a 50i. I just bought a 2020 M50i for 69K. Yes, was a crazy good deal and too hard to pass up, but even still!
      01-20-2021, 05:34 PM   #3
ef11
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
with such specifically chosen specification, you are probably better off searching on Autotrader/Cars.com Etc and filter through them. Chances are pretty low to find those combinations of packages, unless some packages are more important to you than others. You're also spending too much money for a 2019+ for only a 50i. I just bought a 2020 M50i for 69K. Yes, was a crazy good deal and too hard to pass up, but even still!
Yes, I am searching all the online sites daily for this spec to pop up. One was an hour and a half away from me at a dealership and was sold in two days, one day before I could get there...

I've been looking at M50i as well but haven't seen anything loaded near that price. If yours is loaded you got an absolutely killer deal.

I may be missing something, but I'm not real concerned about 50i vs M50i. It's just a commuter for the most part so extra power isn't super important to me.

I have found 15 examples that fit my spec (only a few have dynamic handling) but NONE have Bowers & Wilkins which is one of the biggest things I would look forward to in a new car.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:17 AM   #4
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef11 View Post
Yes, I am searching all the online sites daily for this spec to pop up. One was an hour and a half away from me at a dealership and was sold in two days, one day before I could get there...
I know that feeling
      01-21-2021, 07:59 AM   #5
ef11
Captain
Rep

Two that have caught my eye are below. Both meet my criteria for the most part.

I like the idea of a 2020 model as the acoustic glass option was available, which I think I would appreciate. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference though.

https://www.sjlmotors.com/pre-owned-...e=cargurus.com

https://www.swapalease.com/lease/det...?salid=1519740

I've also been refreshing the BMW CPO website daily, filtered on 2019-2020 white X5. Number was close to 200 available nationwide, then went down into the low 100s, now is showing 33 available in the country. What is going on are people buying these things up as fast as possible?? Seems insane.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #6
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Two that have caught my eye are below. Both meet my criteria for the most part.

I like the idea of a 2020 model as the acoustic glass option was available, which I think I would appreciate. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference though.

https://www.sjlmotors.com/pre-owned-...e=cargurus.com

I've also been refreshing the BMW CPO website daily, filtered on 2019-2020 white X5. Number was close to 200 available nationwide, then went down into the low 100s, now is showing 33 available in the country. What is going on are people buying these things up as fast as possible?? Seems insane.
Stay away from the one at SJL, its a branded title; not sure what the problem was, but I wouldn't risk it especially from a non-BMW shop. Used market inventory is dropping as usual and the few examples of well equipped go quickly. Be patient and move quickly, I missed out on several great examples for a variety of reasons. Because you are looking for 2019-2020 most of those cars are from people that turnover their cars regularly, early lease exits, or loaner/demos - there won't be many on the market.
      01-21-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
ef11
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Stay away from the one at SJL, its a branded title; not sure what the problem was, but I wouldn't risk it especially from a non-BMW shop. Used market inventory is dropping as usual and the few examples of well equipped go quickly. Be patient and move quickly, I missed out on several great examples for a variety of reasons. Because you are looking for 2019-2020 most of those cars are from people that turnover their cars regularly, early lease exits, or loaner/demos - there won't be many on the market.
Yes I reached out to the dealer and it was bought back by BMW due to an AC issue. They have all the documentation from BMW and BMW has also added a year of warranty to all AC components past the standard warranty.

So it doesn't really bother me, BUT I understand for resale later could be an issue. It's the only car available in the nation with every option I want I think (except Acoustic Glass)...how do you add every option and not that?

Yes I guess what you are saying is that the standard 3 year leases won't be up yet on most of those so there won't be many available...I guess I'll just keep waiting and looking until I see the perfect one.

Switching from white to black/gray will open up the options more, but I really want white :/

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 05:04 PM   #8
Nanometer
Vice Admiral
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've been looking at M50i as well but haven't seen anything loaded near that price. If yours is loaded you got an absolutely killer deal.
It has executive package, luxury seating package, and a few individual selections. At least not a base model!
      01-21-2021, 11:00 PM   #9
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like a killer deal and hard to walk away from that price. What specs did you get?
      01-24-2021, 06:56 PM   #10
Nanometer
Vice Admiral
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sounds like a killer deal and hard to walk away from that price. What specs did you get?
Executive Package, Luxury Seating, Black Headliner, Heated front and rear seats. and I think that's basically it. It hasn't been delivered yet, so hopefully I don't find any problems lol
      01-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #11
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Executive Package, Luxury Seating, Black Headliner, Heated front and rear seats. and I think that's basically it. It hasn't been delivered yet, so hopefully I don't find any problems lol
you purchased it sight unseen?
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 03:16 PM   #12
ef11
Captain
Rep

I'm working with BMW Financial to lease transfer the one I posted earlier. Really can't go wrong, has every option available in 2020 and many that are no longer available (night vision, soft-close doors, full merino, heated/cooled cupholders, acoustic glass)

$107 MSRP, $1,291/mo with 28 months left (maybe 27 by the time it's all said and done), $60,000 residual and exactly the colors, wheels etc that I want except maybe preferred Alpine over Mineral but not going to make or break it for me.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 03:29 PM   #13
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

That's a much better residual than what was posted in the ad. One of the most optioned used M50i cars I've seen over the past 3 months AND such low mileage. Splitting hairs over Alpine and Mineral. Congrats!!

Last edited by gqgambler; 02-26-2021 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 06:11 PM   #14
ef11
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That's a much better residual than what was posted in the add. One of the most optioned used M50i cars I've seen over the past 3 months AND such low mileage. Splitting hairs over Alpine and Mineral. Congrats!!
Yes, they posted the "current" buyout instead of the lease-end buyout by mistake ha. Hopefully it scared other buyers away

I don't think there was a single option you could get that this thing doesn't have to be honest...$107 sticker is higher than you can get them now for sure.

Now I just want to avoid having to pay taxes in Texas...verdict still seems to be out on how to accomplish that, seems some do and some don't. Original Leasee paid $3300 in tax which I would get credit for so would only be net to me about a $3300 expense, but would still really like to avoid that. I want the car though, so I'm willing to risk it.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #15
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 (G05) 50i

I just went through this as I ended up with a 2019 x5 50i that is nearly fully loaded. I was able to find about 6 or 7 similar ones, but typically giving up one thing to get something else.

I almost ordered a new 2021 40i, but I really wanted the V8, i was coming from a 2018 X3 M40i, which has a ridiculous engine, but the full M suspension was pretty stiff and I was just getting tired of it. Also with the M model steering is sharper and M brakes are sharper as well. So just not as relaxing as a driving experience. I felt the M50i was simliar, slight better suspension, but still stiff and sharp steering etc. That's just the M models. For me, I was looking to still have an exciting engine, but get a better overall ride. Hence a 2019 X5 50i.

I opted against DHP as i didn't want to deal with 4 wheel steering and active links, just something more complicated that I wouldn't really take advantage of on a daily basis.

I could find some that had luxury seating package, however I will say that i found the non-luxury seats to be more comfortable, so i was ok giving up the massaging seats, which are pretty weak, to get a more comfortable seat. Some research suggest that the padding is thinner to account for the fans etc in the seat. Plus the massaging function wasn't very strong, at least compared to my F250 King Ranch.

Merino leather was a requirement. So mine has Merino coffee, executive package, driver assistance professional package, M sport package, and i can't remember what else. I think i'm only missing the DHP and M brakes, and luxury seating, otherwise i have everything else.

You also don't really need the M brake package on a 50i, the 50i already has upgraded brakes and the M brakes really just give you the colored capliers, and maybe 10mm larger rotors. The 50i brakes are a huge step over the stock 40i brakes.

All that being said, you should be able to find what you are after, with around 20k miles for about 68-70k or so. I'd say closer to 68k is a better price.

if you don't want the V8, you can drop quite a bit of money off it. You can also get a brand new fully loaded 40i for about 68k. I mean with nearly every option checked, i almost ordered one, but decided ultimately the 40i wasn't enough engine for me.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0