nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
If you try to use a digital key card and it won't open the car or start it, can you use an app to either get in the car and/or start it? Also, will the car allow one to lock it with the digital key card when there is a key fob in the car?
1) you can lock/unlock the vehicle via the MyBMW app
2) remote start of ICE vehicles is timed to 15 minutes. the vehicle would still need to recognize a valid key in order to drive off.
3) if iPhone Digital Key set up, can use that to start the vehicle (in addition to lock/unlock). Android not supported at this time.
4) lock the vehicle while fob is inside? That's circumstantial. it shouldn't but that happened to me while my car was at the detailer
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #24
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
If you try to use a digital key card and it won't open the car or start it, can you use an app to either get in the car and/or start it? Also, will the car allow one to lock it with the digital key card when there is a key fob in the car?
1) you can lock/unlock the vehicle via the MyBMW app
2) remote start of ICE vehicles is timed to 15 minutes. the vehicle would still need to recognize a valid key in order to drive off.
3) if iPhone Digital Key set up, can use that to start the vehicle (in addition to lock/unlock). Android not supported at this time.
4) lock the vehicle while fob is inside? That's circumstantial. it shouldn't but that happened to me while my car was at the detailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Yep, if the key fob is in the trunk, the car can be locked. I have leave/approach with lock/unlock setup, my wife accidentally left her jacket with key fob in the trunk and the car was locked since I drove the car with my key fob.
Appreciate 0