Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kplatinum777 View Post
UPDATE:

My CA, without my prompting, texted me and said that service wouldn’t be able to get to my X5 until Monday, and that he wished he could do something about it. He suspected that they didn’t have a qualified tech on staff who could do it.

So it was looking like I would get my X5 45e on Monday, at the earliest.

But then, later this afternoon, I texted him and asked him what the cost of the floor mats were. He told me, but also told me that service did in fact have time to get to one touchscreen-delete X5 today, and they chose mine. And that I’d be able to pick it up today.

I was indeed able to do just that. And now Jake (that’s his name, I think) is charging comfortably in the garage.

I was, for the record, also asked to sign an acknowledgement that I knew the vehicle didn’t have a touchscreen. I think, for BMW’s part, this is less about avoiding lawsuits from customers—after all, what case would anyone have?—and more about preventing customers from saying “But the CA told me it had a touchscreen! I want my money back.”

What’s really funny, though, is the 2016 copyright date at the bottom of the acknowledgment form.
I picked mine up yesterday too! I didn't have to sign that paper though. Weird.

Were you able to get any discounts off msrp?

…I got "6%" off msrp, but they charged me some BS dealership overheard stuff adding up to about $1000, so it only ended up being about 4.5% off msrp. I did get the $3250 PenFed credit and used one of their preferred lenders at a lower rate though which was a bonus.

Honestly, I love my CA and I'm just extremely grateful that he was able to get me an allocation so quickly, so I wasn't too disappointed with my deal. I've read about others getting like 8% off msrp, but different region…and who knows how true they are and if the dealership added any other charges in the backend.

I did miss out on a couple other rebates though…I didn't go to my Ultimate Driving Experience evet ($1000 rebate) due to rain and I let my BMWCCA account lapse by a couple months (another $1000 rebate).

Anyway, back to reading the manual! I've been driving a 2004 Lexus GX470 for the past 2 years, so this X5 45e seems so high tech to me right now. Haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 06:30 AM   #46
PrinceHarrysBoo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X40i MSport 2022

That is a beautiful vehicle! Enjoy it!! Are you finding that not having the touchscreen is annoying or no big deal?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 06:45 AM   #47
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
UPDATE:

I was indeed able to do just that. And now Jake (that’s his name, I think) is charging comfortably in the garage.
Congratulations, looks great! Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
      11-14-2021, 08:39 AM   #48
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RgDawgs View Post
Excellent that you will be able to take delivery. A great looking car. Are the front windows tinted? Is this a dealer option? Just curious as I’ve ordered my first BMW and expect tinting will be first thing I need to do. It would be nice to have that done when I pick it up.
Yes, the front windows and windshield are ceramic tinted. Since it was sitting around waiting for the update, I asked what a window tint cost.

Turns out, the dealer uses the exact same tint shop I always go to—makes sense, as they do good work and the shop is near all the luxury car dealers—and they were able to give it to me for their cost, which is half of what I would have paid the tint shop walking in off the street. And I would have had to wait a week; they got it in the next day.

I would go ahead and ask them about a tint when your car comes in.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #49
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceHarrysBoo View Post
That is a beautiful vehicle! Enjoy it!! Are you finding that not having the touchscreen is annoying or no big deal?
I’m not annoyed by the lack of a touchscreen at this time. However, the Product Genius who showed me around iDrive kept prodding the screen before realizing it didn’t have a touch function. He was apprised of the situation, but this is the first one he’d seen with the delete. And even though he’s been a Genius since the days of the original iDrive system (which was introduced with the 2001/02 7 Series)…he has managed to get used to the touchscreen for the six or so model years it’s been around.

That said, I’m still gonna try and do my retrofit when the touchscreen gets here. I’m expecting it tomorrow, so stay tuned.
Appreciate 2
      11-14-2021, 08:44 AM   #50
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Congratulations, looks great! Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
Why thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 08:46 AM   #51
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post

…I got "6%" off msrp, but they charged me some BS dealership overheard stuff adding up to about $1000, so it only ended up being about 4.5% off msrp. I did get the $3250 PenFed credit and used one of their preferred lenders at a lower rate though which was a bonus.

Honestly, I love my CA and I'm just extremely grateful that he was able to get me an allocation so quickly, so I wasn't too disappointed with my deal. I've read about others getting like 8% off msrp, but different region…and who knows how true they are and if the dealership added any other charges in the backend.

I did miss out on a couple other rebates though…I didn't go to my Ultimate Driving Experience evet ($1000 rebate) due to rain and I let my BMWCCA account lapse by a couple months (another $1000 rebate).

Anyway, back to reading the manual! I've been driving a 2004 Lexus GX470 for the past 2 years, so this X5 45e seems so high tech to me right now. Haha
I got 5% off MSRP, plus the military rebate. However, I did buy $4,000 in extras (tire/wheel cosmetic and function protection, dent and scratch coverage, GAP, window tint, rubber floor mats, and a ceramic coating). But most people don’t know that all that stuff is negotiable, as it should have cost nearer to $6,000 for all of it.

I love yours. The red M Sport brake calipers really set off the white paint. What interior color did you go with, and what options?
Appreciate 1
nomoracin758.00
      11-14-2021, 09:05 AM   #52
PrinceHarrysBoo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X40i MSport 2022

Quote:
I’m not annoyed by the lack of a touchscreen at this time. However, the Product Genius who showed me around iDrive kept prodding the screen before realizing it didn’t have a touch function. He was apprised of the situation, but this is the first one he’d seen with the delete. And even though he’s been a Genius since the days of the original iDrive system (which was introduced with the 2001/02 7 Series)…he has managed to get used to the touchscreen for the six or so model years it’s been around.

That said, I’m still gonna try and do my retrofit when the touchscreen gets here. I’m expecting it tomorrow, so stay tuned.

This will be my first BMW so I’m telling myself it will be ok since the whole system will be new to me. I’m crossing my fingers that I’ve been magically chosen to receive a touchscreen 🤞🏻

Your car is a stunner!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 12:11 PM   #53
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post

I got 5% off MSRP, plus the military rebate. However, I did buy $4,000 in extras (tire/wheel cosmetic and function protection, dent and scratch coverage, GAP, window tint, rubber floor mats, and a ceramic coating). But most people don’t know that all that stuff is negotiable, as it should have cost nearer to $6,000 for all of it.

I love yours. The red M Sport brake calipers really set off the white paint. What interior color did you go with, and what options?
Went with classic black interior…I'm always too chicken to get something more exotic. Haha

Options…

M sport
Black grille
Red calipers
Parking assist
Climate
Shades

I think that's about it?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #54
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:

yeah, I think BMW is even offering a flat 10% off MSRP now ...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #55
DeYanko
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Have you mistakenly, tried to touch the screen?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #56
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeYanko View Post
Have you mistakenly, tried to touch the screen?
Just once or twice.
'22 Outback Touring XT
'06 XJ Vanden Plas
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 10:39 PM   #57
John925
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xdrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
yeah, I think BMW is even offering a flat 10% off MSRP now ...
Where did you see this?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 12:53 AM   #58
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John925 View Post
Where did you see this?
At the dealership - they told me it's 10% off at any BMW dealership
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:41 PM   #59
Nuke88
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 M50I

Quote:

Lol same here the product genius was touching the screen and he goes. Oh yea that’s right no touchscreen…
Appreciate 0