BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #23
bimmer813
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2024 X5 M60

Note: I am NOT a dealer, I'm an independent broker. That being said, I order over 100 new BMWs a year so I consider myself relatively knowledgable.

If your dealer does not have an available allocation (which is very common right now due to where supply and demand are), your car goes into 047 Status. This is often called "Spec Released" and means your car is in the order bank.

Yes that's right, there is an order bank! When the dealer receives more allocations your car will be assigned a production number.

Most dealers don't like to take deposits until this production number is assigned. On certain models, this can take upwards of a month or longer at the moment.

Cheers and good luck to all those waiting on a PO!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 03:53 PM   #24
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer813 View Post

your car goes into 047 Status. This is often called "Spec Released" and means your car is in the order bank.

Yes that's right, there is an order bank!
The customer question isn't "is there an order bank?", rather it's "is my order in the factory's production queue / does the factory know about my order?"

Here's what the OP said:
I contacted the dealer and he told me that my order does not have the production number yet because my order is in "order bank", which means it's still waiting to go into production.
It's that last part that, at least as it's written, which is the deceptive lie: the dealer is using dealerspeak mumbojumbo to pretend the factory knows about an order when it doesn't.

There's no such thing as an "order bank" car that's "waiting to go into production" ... unless we agree to say every notional BMW vehicle for the next 1000 years is "in the order bank & still waiting to go into production", right?

Net-net: as written, this dealer's language was deceptive and dealerspeak aside, no production number = no production.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 10:44 PM   #25
ramblingpolak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e (PN allocated)

Garage List
2022 X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer813 View Post
Note: I am NOT a dealer, I'm an independent broker. That being said, I order over 100 new BMWs a year so I consider myself relatively knowledgable.

If your dealer does not have an available allocation (which is very common right now due to where supply and demand are), your car goes into 047 Status. This is often called "Spec Released" and means your car is in the order bank.

Yes that's right, there is an order bank! When the dealer receives more allocations your car will be assigned a production number.

Most dealers don't like to take deposits until this production number is assigned. On certain models, this can take upwards of a month or longer at the moment.

Cheers and good luck to all those waiting on a PO!
This sounds right to me based on the messaging I've gotten from all the dealers I've spoken to here. Allocations are a wait everywhere I've gone. That said my dealer def took deposit immediately despite not allocation (PN) yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:15 PM   #26
js0823
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5 Prestige 3.0 2014

A quick update.

I called the salesperson today (two weeks waiting for him to call me back to let me know the status but never called), and long story short, my order was never actually in their system. He couldn't find my order in the system and blamed on the inventory manager. He told me it looks like the inventory manager messed up and forgot to add my order in their system.

I thanked him for letting me know a month after I ordered it (and breaking the promise of being able to see my vehicle within 8 weeks of the order placed) and cancelled the order. They ran a credit check on me, but never took the deposit. Anyway, I am never going back to this place again.

BMW iX looks cool so I may look into pre-ordering that from another dealership.
Thanks for all your inputs!
Appreciate 0