BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #1
Kristin Hoover
Private
Rep
Drives: A PIECE OF JUNK

I might decline my order

Happy thanksgiving!

Dealer called me yesterday and I was informed my X5 would arrive next week. To be very honest, I am not excited. I ordered fully loaded M50i, it looks like the touchscreen function has been removed along with the backup assistant. I simply cannot take a car without these basic functions at a price 98K.

After reviewing the document, I don't see any of those above features being listed. The sales person didn't tell me the changes either. It's a mess.

I haven't contacted the dealer to confirm what features I might be losing. Don't want to bother them in the holiday. I think I would just go directly to the dealer next week, decline the car if those features are not equipped.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

If you aren't comfortable taking it without the touchscreen then decline this one and have them order you another one. For the last week or so all have once again been built with a touchscreen. No one knows for how long that supply will last but maybe you will get lucky and get one.
FCX52380.50
      11-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #3
cellarrat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin Hoover View Post
Happy thanksgiving!

Dealer called me yesterday and I was informed my X5 would arrive next week. To be very honest, I am not excited. I ordered fully loaded M50i, it looks like the touchscreen function has been removed along with the backup assistant. I simply cannot take a car without these basic functions at a price 98K.

After reviewing the document, I don't see any of those above features being listed. The sales person didn't tell me the changes either. It's a mess.

I haven't contacted the dealer to confirm what features I might be losing. Don't want to bother them in the holiday. I think I would just go directly to the dealer next week, decline the car if those features are not equipped.
I hear you. I have been holding off (a VERY long time) to order the car I want and would not accept one that was not up to spec.

There is a thread below that suggests that touchscreens are now back in stock; I definitely would not take a car now without it when I could just order the thing again and get it. A bunch of the stuff that is missing is of no consequence to me, but the stuff that matters MATTERS!

Are you saying that the dealer has not informed you about the missing items (and accordingly hasn't offered even to make you a better deal on the car)? Unacceptable in my view
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #4
Jagu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 750i Xdrive-Loaded

Decline it. Touchscreen is essential and the backup assistance is good to have.
Appreciate 3
bandersen587.00
FCX52380.50
MineralM251.00
      11-25-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:

If you're sure the delete option is there (i.e, you used a vin decoder or went onto mygarage.bmwusa.com and "delete of touchscreen" is listed in the standard features) then I'd for sure cancel.

As a side note, the X5M non-comp is only $8K more than the M50i and not only are you guaranteed a touchscreen & backup assistant (or at least the X5M isn't included in delete dealer email), but you also get a bunch of stuff that's also no longer available on M50is like soft-close doors, heated/cooled cupholders, etc ... not to mention upgraded suspension, engine, transmission, steering, etc.

If I were you, I'd definitely cancel and just to most easily avoid any further issues, I'd get the X5M; as long as you don't use BMWFS financing or get the comp package, the -$3250 PenFed rebate is available as well.
Appreciate 1
FCX52380.50
      11-25-2021, 03:33 PM   #6
dynamic
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
If you're sure the delete option is there (i.e, you used a vin decoder or went onto mygarage.bmwusa.com and "delete of touchscreen" is listed in the standard features) then I'd for sure cancel.

As a side note, the X5M non-comp is only $8K more than the M50i and not only are you guaranteed a touchscreen & backup assistant (or at least the X5M isn't included in delete dealer email), but you also get a bunch of stuff that's also no longer available on M50is like soft-close doors, heated/cooled cupholders, etc ... not to mention upgraded suspension, engine, transmission, steering, etc.

If I were you, I'd definitely cancel and just to most easily avoid any further issues, I'd get the X5M.
Very good point indeed.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 07:24 PM   #7
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:

If I were you, I'd definitely cancel and just to most easily avoid any further issues, I'd get the X5M; as long as you don't use BMWFS financing or get the comp package, the -$3250 PenFed rebate is available as well.
I would absolutely do this if it were me! Great suggestion.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18170.00
      11-25-2021, 09:09 PM   #8
S_McTowelie
Private
Rep
Drives: \

I like the argument for going with more power and the upgraded components. But isn't an X5M (non-comp) closer to $13k more than a fully decked out M50i (keeping things like wheel sizes the same between the two)?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 09:55 PM   #9
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_McTowelie View Post
I like the argument for going with more power and the upgraded components. But isn't an X5M (non-comp) closer to $13k more than a fully decked out M50i (keeping things like wheel sizes the same between the two)?
Closer to 10K or so, but at this point you're getting much more relative value in the X5M. IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 11:17 PM   #10
Kristin Hoover
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
For the last week or so all have once again been built with a touchscreen. No one knows for how long that supply will last but maybe you will get lucky and get one.
Good to know. I'll keep you guys posted after I see the car next week. Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner. Gone to Estate Park for a walk making myself happier. Tough years, it seems like I got bad luck in life on purchasing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarrat View Post
Are you saying that the dealer has not informed you about the missing items (and accordingly hasn't offered even to make you a better deal on the car)? Unacceptable in my view
I haven’t heard anything about missing items from my dealer. Maybe there’s something missing, maybe not. Too early to call. Looking back the whole purchasing process, it was pretty simple and boring. Met sales person on day one, handed over build code, negotiated the price, signed the paper, put down deposit, done. No more communications with dealer until yesterday I was informed by text message saying the car will arrive next week. For a couple of weeks I was debating with myself over if it’s a good time to buy a luxury car this year. So as you can see, I’m not super excited in the very beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagu View Post
Decline it. Touchscreen is essential and the backup assistance is good to have.
Will do if I find these features are missing.

Quote:
Thank you so much for the great suggestion. M50i is so far I can go based on my personal preference and financial strength. I am not going to consider X5 M without competition package.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 11:22 PM   #11
Kristin Hoover
Private
Rep

Quote:
I don't see "delete of touchscreen" being listed in the standard features. I don't see "backup assistant" either.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
GrussGott18170.00
      11-25-2021, 11:37 PM   #12
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
I don't see "delete of touchscreen" being listed in the standard features. I don't see "backup assistant" either.
It looks like you’re ok to me. You would see deletion under the standard items if it was removed.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18170.00
      11-26-2021, 04:39 AM   #13
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearco View Post
It looks like you’re ok to me. You would see deletion under the standard items if it was removed.
yup you look good - backup assistant is in Parking Assistance Package as part of Parking Assistance Plus:

Appreciate 0