11-04-2021, 05:49 PM   #2575
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
It is either/or. If you finance through BMWFS you'll receive the BMW rebate if you go through PenFed you'll receive the PenFed rebate. You cant do both.
Thanks. The BMW rebate is the loyalty one, correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 05:57 PM   #2576
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGoober View Post
Does anyone know if we need to finance through PenFed to get the rebate from BMW? Or can we use BMWFS and stack the PenFed $3250?
It is either/or. If you finance through BMWFS you'll receive the BMW rebate if you go through PenFed you'll receive the PenFed rebate. You cant do both.
For clarity - to qualify for the $3250, you can't finance through BMWFS but you do not have to finance through Penfed. You can finance through any bank you want. There's a misconception that you have to use Penfed or bring your own financing, neither of which are true. Dealer can still handle all the finance work for you.
Appreciate 1
XGoober295.00
      11-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #2577
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Thanks. The BMW rebate is the loyalty one, correct?
Yes that is the only one I am aware of outside the BMWCCA rebate. You have to finance or lease through BMWFS to receive the loyalty.
Appreciate 1
XGoober295.00
      11-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #2578
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
In addition the correction above regarding being able to finance anywhere other than BMWFS for the $3,250, you can certainly finance/lease with BMWFS and also get the Military Discount but the amount drops to $500.
XGoober295.00
      11-04-2021, 06:45 PM   #2579
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
For clarity - to qualify for the $3250, you can't finance through BMWFS but you do not have to finance through Penfed. You can finance through any bank you want. There's a misconception that you have to use Penfed or bring your own financing, neither of which are true. Dealer can still handle all the finance work for you.
Thank you for the clarification.

Sounds quite weird to be honest. I would have expected BMWFS to be happy to take your money and give you the PenFed rebate instead of the Loyalty rebate. Sounds counter-productive for them to give you $3250 AND insist you take your finance elsewhere. It's a lose-lose for them. Odd.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2021, 06:50 PM   #2580
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification.

Sounds quite weird to be honest. I would have expected BMWFS to be happy to take your money and give you the PenFed rebate instead of the Loyalty rebate. Sounds counter-productive for them to give you $3250 AND insist you take your finance elsewhere. It's a lose-lose for them. Odd.
Usually BMWFS offers an APR credit if you finance with them but given the demand they have not done that for MY22 yet. In the past the dollar amount of the incentives was larger when you took the APR credit, loyalty and $500 military rather than taking the "non-BMWFS" military incentive.
XGoober295.00
      11-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #2581
XGoober
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Usually BMWFS offers an APR credit if you finance with them but given the demand they have not done that for MY22 yet. In the past the dollar amount of the incentives was larger when you took the APR credit, loyalty and $500 military rather than taking the "non-BMWFS" military incentive.
Interesting. I'll have to keep a close eye on the math as I get close to closing the deal.

I agreed pricing and put myself in my dealer's order bank today for an April delivery. X3 lease ending then, hence the timing...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 07:00 PM   #2582
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. I'll have to keep a close eye on the math as I get close to closing the deal.

I agreed pricing and put myself in my dealer's order bank today for an April delivery. X3 lease ending then, hence the timing...
Hopefully by then the APR credit is back. Usually they start them early in the MY but my guess is they will be holding off for a bit yet.
XGoober295.00
      11-11-2021, 01:01 PM   #2583
amaher
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

X6 Pricing

Any dealer who offers 6% off MSRP on X6 2022 factory order?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #2584
blacksteel1288
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i xDrive Convertible

Had a question about placing a factory order, as it relates to when is the official "purchase date".

Is the purchase date, the date when your order is placed? Or, is the purchase date, when it arrives and the final payments are settled?

The reason I ask is, there's a bill moving through Congress that may change how EV tax refunds are handled.

There could be additional savings after it passes, so I'm wondering if I were to place an order today, and the bill passes in a few weeks, would I be able to get that new version of the tax refund at delivery time if that was considered to be the purchase date?

If the purchase date is the date the order is placed, it would make more sense to wait until the bill passes (or not), to place a new order.

Anyone who has done a factory order know this?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 11:49 AM   #2585
Rock2022
Rep
Drives: X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksteel1288 View Post
Had a question about placing a factory order, as it relates to when is the official "purchase date".

Is the purchase date, the date when your order is placed? Or, is the purchase date, when it arrives and the final payments are settled?

The reason I ask is, there's a bill moving through Congress that may change how EV tax refunds are handled.

There could be additional savings after it passes, so I'm wondering if I were to place an order today, and the bill passes in a few weeks, would I be able to get that new version of the tax refund at delivery time if that was considered to be the purchase date?

If the purchase date is the date the order is placed, it would make more sense to wait until the bill passes (or not), to place a new order.

Anyone who has done a factory order know this?

Thank you!
My understanding is the final settlement day when you sign the selling contract and get the key.

New EV incentive bill would offer only $4000 on PHEV with larger than 2.5 gallons tank.

I would not order if the delivery date falls into 2022, but switch to Tesla as the incentive comes back for them.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 01:50 PM   #2586
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2022 View Post
I would not order if the delivery date falls into 2022, but switch to Tesla as the incentive comes back for them.

Except you will be driving a Tesla. For many people that would not be worth the extra few bucks you get in a tax credit.
Appreciate 1
alewifebp471.50
      11-22-2021, 07:28 PM   #2587
JCart
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

I ordered a 2022 X5 currently in production ready to be picked up Jan 2022, is the PenFed that I am seeing on here for finance only? or lease as well? Any other rebates out there other than loyalty?? Want to ensure I am taking advantage of all discounts! Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 1
Bcar220.00
      11-22-2021, 07:31 PM   #2588
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
I ordered a 2022 X5 currently in production ready to be picked up Jan 2022, is the PenFed that I am seeing on here for finance only? or lease as well? Any other rebates out there other than loyalty?? Want to ensure I am taking advantage of all discounts! Thanks in advance!
If you finance or lease with BMWFS you can use the military discount obtained through PenFed but it drops to $500. If you finance elsewhere or pay cash then it is $3,250.
      11-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #2589
jersey john
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Does anyone have an idea on the money factor of their latest offers? Trying to calculate. Thanks

I feel like every day is the Kobayashi Maru and my name's not James T. Kirk
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:06 PM   #2590
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey john View Post
Does anyone have an idea on the money factor of their latest offers? Trying to calculate. Thanks
Base MF is .00111
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 02:19 PM   #2591
jersey john
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Am I crazy or have I've noticed the MF in their offers inching upwards over the past few months?

I feel like every day is the Kobayashi Maru and my name's not James T. Kirk
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:27 PM   #2592
cltx5
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD BMW X5

I'm in NC and looking to order a 2022 X5 that MSRP is $71,800-76,000 depending on options packages. My spouse will also need a car at some point but probably not both buying simultaneously.

I will probably drive it beyond 10-12k per year so thinking better to buy vs. lease. Most of the dealers I called all say nothing below MSRP, some even require dealer installed accessories like $299 nitrogen air in tires, etc. I'd be fine buying CPO but the prices all seem to be about the same as new.

Anything that I can actually negotiate on for price or options? Is it better to lease vs. buy? If I can just buy in cash or quickly pay off the financing is that better (guess I'd need to ensure no early payment penalty)?

I am not military but have cousins/extended family that are. I haven't owned a BMW in prior 12mths. My company has a certificate for Corporate Sales Program (says must not have owned BMW in 12mths, must finance or lease through BMW FS NA) but doesn't say what the actual incentive is.

I did a truecar/us news search of X5 and got a couple dealers to reach out, the certificate i think says 1% under invoice or save $x on a specific car at a specific dealer so not sure if this does anything. I went to 2 dealers and like the one salesman so would prefer to go with him but maybe I call up all the dealers or internet sales mgrs and say I want to order xyz do you have allocations and what can you offer?

I'm reading through the 100+ pages of posts but there's a steep learning curve so also wanted to post and ask. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #2593
botan22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltx5 View Post
I'm in NC and looking to order a 2022 X5 that MSRP is $71,800-76,000 depending on options packages. My spouse will also need a car at some point but probably not both buying simultaneously.

I will probably drive it beyond 10-12k per year so thinking better to buy vs. lease. Most of the dealers I called all say nothing below MSRP, some even require dealer installed accessories like $299 nitrogen air in tires, etc. I'd be fine buying CPO but the prices all seem to be about the same as new.

Anything that I can actually negotiate on for price or options? Is it better to lease vs. buy? If I can just buy in cash or quickly pay off the financing is that better (guess I'd need to ensure no early payment penalty)?

I am not military but have cousins/extended family that are. I haven't owned a BMW in prior 12mths. My company has a certificate for Corporate Sales Program (says must not have owned BMW in 12mths, must finance or lease through BMW FS NA) but doesn't say what the actual incentive is.

I did a truecar/us news search of X5 and got a couple dealers to reach out, the certificate i think says 1% under invoice or save $x on a specific car at a specific dealer so not sure if this does anything. I went to 2 dealers and like the one salesman so would prefer to go with him but maybe I call up all the dealers or internet sales mgrs and say I want to order xyz do you have allocations and what can you offer?

I'm reading through the 100+ pages of posts but there's a steep learning curve so also wanted to post and ask. Thanks!
I'm sure there are better ways to do it, but as a guy who prefers to do most of communication over e-mail/online, I would try getting truecar offers for models other than X5, maybe something cheaper like X3, maybe even 2021 cars. And don't limit your search to your state.
Then once you have a truecar quote with good enough discount (3% is possible in truecar offers based on my recent experience) you can reach out to the same dealership over e-mail and ask if they would honor same discount for the car you need. At some point there will be a dealership that will want your business.
And don't tell them you want to order until they give you a quote with discount for a car from the lot.

Also if you are a Costco member you can try getting their referral. There is one BMW dealership in Atlanta and another one in Connecticut that still were on Costco program 3 weeks ago.

Can't comment on the corporate program.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 09:12 PM   #2594
cltx5
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by botan22 View Post
I'm sure there are better ways to do it, but as a guy who prefers to do most of communication over e-mail/online, I would try getting truecar offers for models other than X5, maybe something cheaper like X3, maybe even 2021 cars. And don't limit your search to your state.
Then once you have a truecar quote with good enough discount (3% is possible in truecar offers based on my recent experience) you can reach out to the same dealership over e-mail and ask if they would honor same discount for the car you need. At some point there will be a dealership that will want your business.
And don't tell them you want to order until they give you a quote with discount for a car from the lot.

Also if you are a Costco member you can try getting their referral. There is one BMW dealership in Atlanta and another one in Connecticut that still were on Costco program 3 weeks ago.

Can't comment on the corporate program.
Thanks! There's only 1 dealer here so would have to go out of state. At least this place isn't trying to charge above MSRP as the others are. Sigh.

Plus I continue to just read about how many missing options and things there are due to supply chain yet vehicle is the same price.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 09:47 PM   #2595
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltx5 View Post
Thanks! There's only 1 dealer here so would have to go out of state. At least this place isn't trying to charge above MSRP as the others are. Sigh.

Plus I continue to just read about how many missing options and things there are due to supply chain yet vehicle is the same price.
You are relatively close to Spartanburg so you can do PCD and buy from any dealer in the country try.

If you don't need the vehicle right now I would suggest waiting until the supply chains normalize a bit.
      12-03-2021, 10:39 PM   #2596
cltx5
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
You are relatively close to Spartanburg so you can do PCD and buy from any dealer in the country try.

If you don't need the vehicle right now I would suggest waiting until the supply chains normalize a bit.
PCD is still available? Does it further delay your delivery? I assumed it was no longer an option like European Delivery. I didn't see anything about it when I was doing the order configurator online.

Hmm, I'd prefer to just buy local but Spartanburg is close, any downside to calling tons of random dealers and just seeing who will place the order for cheapest and quickest? Just have never gone through a BMW / order purchase before so it's all new to me. Are there dealers that people use or do group buys on here? When I had a Jeep everyone got automatic x% under invoice through a specific dealer in VA for example.

We do need a car we have a rental. Or I can let my spouse buy their car and be a "one car family" for a while. Hmm...
Appreciate 0