BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Bristle Hound
In The Dog House ...
Rep
Drives: MY23 BMW X5 xDrive30d M Sp

Garage List
Any New Uk X5's Coming Without Ordered Spec/Options?

Any Uk buyers who have recently received their new X5's without spec / options as ordered?
If so what was 'missing'

Our friends over the 'pond' seem to be having a few issues with this
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
Davis1888
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 45e MSport - Tanzinite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristle Hound View Post
Any Uk buyers who have recently received their new X5's without spec / options as ordered?
If so what was 'missing'

Our friends over the 'pond' seem to be having a few issues with this
Mine is at the dealers waiting for the right wheels to arrive from Germany as they messed up the order somehow. Have emailed them asking to confirm there are no other surprises like touch screen delete or backup assistant delete, no word back yet.

BMPhil over on this thread due to get his tomorrow, he is the same no mention of any surprises. Going to let me know when he picks it up tomorrow on this thread.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1871714
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #3
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, G05 40d

I haven't received my order yet but according to the vin decoder website and my sales rep it has completed its build and no deletions so far.

It is due at the dealership in week 52 after ordering in June so not sure if the order date has any bearing on deletions? They do seem to be having a tougher time of it (that we know of) across the pond that's for sure. Not a huge amount of UK activity on this forum to gauge from though.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
Davis1888
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 45e MSport - Tanzinite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShakes View Post
I haven't received my order yet but according to the vin decoder website and my sales rep it has completed its build and no deletions so far.

It is due at the dealership in week 52 after ordering in June so not sure if the order date has any bearing on deletions? They do seem to be having a tougher time of it (that we know of) across the pond that's for sure. Not a huge amount of UK activity on this forum to gauge from though.
My dealer told me for the UK the touchscreen issue was for Week 43 and beyond builds but was only impacting 3 and 4 series over here. So it does sound like our NA brethren are getting it a bit worse than we are.

Have been told that the only deletes on mine are the Stereo and wireless charging which was on the order form so not a surprise.

Interested in what VIN Decoder you used as I have the VIN, but haven't been able to use the BMW MyApp with it as I don't have the car
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis1888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShakes View Post

My dealer told me for the UK the touchscreen issue was for Week 43 and beyond builds but was only impacting 3 and 4 series over here. So it does sound like our NA brethren are getting it a bit worse than we are.

Have been told that the only deletes on mine are the Stereo and wireless charging which was on the order form so not a surprise.

Interested in what VIN Decoder you used as I have the VIN, but haven't been able to use the BMW MyApp with it as I don't have the car
That's good to know then, obviously not for 3 & 4 series buyers but as long as that stays away from the G05's.

I used https://www.mdecoder.com. Only shows on here once built apparently but pretty detailed (apart from it seems to assume everything is left hand drive?).

I got the wireless delete, front fog lights delete, enhanced Bluetooth delete (think this is part of the wireless delete though) and I think that's about it so yea I'll be happy if it turns up with just that missing tbh given the other forum members on here's experiences
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 07:40 AM   #6
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I ordered in July and my has air suspension deleted. Out of interest, has Air suspension ever made it back onto the spec sheet. The configurator has it on now.

I have status code 160, but cant get hold of my VIN
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #7
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
I ordered in July and my has air suspension deleted. Out of interest, has Air suspension ever made it back onto the spec sheet. The configurator has it on now.

That's interesting, I held out ordering (ordered in June) specifically because I wanted the 3rd row and that can only be ordered in conjunction with air suspension.

Once it arrived back and I ordered it, I would regularly check the bmw configurator as it gave me some idea of what equipment was being deleted and made back available and didn't see the air suspension get deleted again. I suspect the configurator was not updated by the sounds of it.

I believe it is available in the UK right now
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 05:10 AM   #8
ColC
Private
Rep

I ordered mine in July and the invoice had it removed, the price was also discounted £630 ish to reflect the deletion. I have a Mini ordered too and that was supposed to have digital dashboard, but its pot luck if it has analogue dials or digital dashboard. I dont think mine will come with air suspension as the order form has it deleted (unless they give it for free)
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 08:41 AM   #9
ColC
Private
Rep

My car has been built and is awaiting shipping to the uk now. I messaged the online genius and asked to verify some of my options. I've asked twice and they have both said i get Air Suspension. M Adaptive is on my order form though.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #10
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My car has been built and is awaiting shipping to the uk now. I messaged the online genius and asked to verify some of my options. I've asked twice and they have both said i get Air Suspension. M Adaptive is on my order form though.
Hmmm interesting! Have you tried the vin decoder to see what that says also? I'm assuming it's a win if you do get the air suspension given you were told it had been deleted?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 02:43 AM   #11
ColC
Private
Rep

Genius wont give out the vin, and my sales guy is usually too busy to reply. They did say i have Live Cockpit and it had touchscreen though. The second time i asked, i said "does it have M adaptive" and a list of other options. The reply was yes it contains alll those options listed. I then asked specifically is it two axel air suspension or M Adaptive Suspension, which they then replied saying it is Air Suspension. Got them to confirm its on the build sheet and not the UK brochure spec and she said thats what she sees on the system. So fingers crossed, Il find out at the start of january.
Appreciate 2
      11-29-2021, 11:44 AM   #12
Lando72
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

I received mine in October, September build.

Touch screen is there and so is air suspension. Wireless charging not there and fog lights aren’t even an option for anyone now I don’t think.

Everything else perfect, right wheels etc.

I was told after ordering in May that I wouldn’t be able to have air suspension, then at the end of August I was told that the U.K. market was getting it again and it was added back on. I didn’t have to ask, it just happened.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-30-2021, 12:03 PM   #13
ColC
Private
Rep

That looks amazing. I just got my VIN so il check it up later too. Mine is now sat on a ship in transit to Germany, and the dealer has said everything has to be in for the end of December.
Appreciate 1
Lando7243.50
      01-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #14
Jonathanhh
Rep
Drives: '17 530d Touring, '21 X3 M40i

G05 Ordering

Hi - I also was particularly wanting Air Suspension in my new X5 so I waited until July last year, when it reappeared as an orderable item and placed my order then. I ordered an XDrive 40D but I dont have it yet :-(

On order it showed Wk47 2021 build and 112 status, but on the Monday of Wk47 it jumped to January 22, and is now showing Wk07 build...

Dealer cannot explain other than I must have ordered an option they cant fit, but dont know what that is..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 03:46 PM   #15
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanhh View Post
Hi - I also was particularly wanting Air Suspension in my new X5 so I waited until July last year, when it reappeared as an orderable item and placed my order then. I ordered an XDrive 40D but I dont have it yet :-(

On order it showed Wk47 2021 build and 112 status, but on the Monday of Wk47 it jumped to January 22, and is now showing Wk07 build...

Dealer cannot explain other than I must have ordered an option they cant fit, but dont know what that is..
Hi, sounds like you have a very similar build to me, x drive 40d (M Sport for me) with air suspension.

I've just checked my order sheet and I too ordered in July not the June I quoted above, was told the car would be here week of 13th Dec, then that it was delayed and would be week of 27th Dec now it's this week coming (3rd Jan)… who knows! So I still don't know for sure what I'm getting!

Did you manage to test drive a 40d? I didn't but I'm keen to understand how it is, heard good things about it!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 11:14 AM   #16
Jonathanhh
Rep

Hi, I test drove an M50d first and then a 30d, I found the M50d a bit too jittery on dual carriageways as i'm used to air suspension ( XC90 before ), but the 30d rode much more like im used to. But being a petrol head I wanted the most power i could so ordered the 40d. I know the petrol is popular but i absolutely believe Diesel is the right power unit for a big heavy car like this, and i do a lot of motorway miles too. I run a 530d touring and that straight six diesel is a masterpiece of engineering....

Anyway sounds like we are similar in the order process, my original estimate was early december. But it has slipped to march. I ordered the M sport with every option pack except rear entertainment TVs, plus a tow hook. Its my first ever factory order and to be honest the experience so far is a bit rubbish - dealer can never give me a straight answer on why the production moves.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 11:45 AM   #17
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Hi

Similar situation. Ordered in June for September delivery. That slipped to the end of October, then to wc 29th November. Still no car after this week but the system is still saying delivery by 5th December with no new eta.

Genius says my status is 193 which is arrived at port I think but that's not updated since 20th November. The latest I have out of my SA is there's a hold on the X5s for a software or hardware update on the head units so he thinks it's at the plant in Germany still.

I have my VIN number so it is built. Genius said the only items missing are HK sound system and wireless charging which I knew about before ordering and I can't see anything else missing on the VIN decoder. Air suspension is there.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #18
Jonathanhh
Rep

Hi well good news your X5 is actually built. Dont think it can be in Germany though as all X5s are built in Spartanburg in the USA.

I do find it really annoying that we cant tract our orders online in Europe. All USA customers can track online, so I dont get why we are not able to.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 04:09 AM   #19
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanhh View Post
Hi well good news your X5 is actually built. Dont think it can be in Germany though as all X5s are built in Spartanburg in the USA.

I do find it really annoying that we cant tract our orders online in Europe. All USA customers can track online, so I dont get why we are not able to.

Yea, it is pretty annoying. I just email BMW genius every now and again and they send me an update at what status it is at. I got the VIN number from my SA. Maybe worth a try emailing the Genius team?

Mine finished production on the 20th October according to the VIN decoder!

They are built in USA but then they go over to Germany for some finsihing touches. They are then shipped from Bremerhaven to Southampton. I have been looking at the arrivals at Southampton docks there is a a vehicle carrier from Bremerhaven due on the 6th of Jan so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:01 AM   #20
ColC
Private
Rep

Mine was ordered in July, Built at the start of November, Went on a ship from the USA to Bremerhaven on 18th November. It landed in Germany late December and my expected delivery is 9th January. I pester the online chat genius daily for status code updates. Its at 9610/193 port of exit (Meaning its in Germany). Only takes roughly 1.5days to get from Bremerhaven to Southampton.

Mine does have Air Suspension ( i was told it wouldnt have it). Touch screen is there too.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:02 AM   #21
ColC
Private
Rep

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...l:CORAL_LEADER

This ship literally just docked from Bremerhaven.

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Liv...ned_Movements/
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:23 AM   #22
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Fingers crossed yours is on there!! Good to know it has touchscreen.

Dealership emailed me this morning saying it is scheduled for carrier which is code 182. BMW Genius say it is code 193 which is arrived at port of exit so god knows where it is.

Last edited by Tomo28; 01-05-2022 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: added to my reply
Appreciate 0