BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-25-2021, 10:46 PM   #1
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Rear seat iPad and tablet holder

Hi, do you guys know which iPad and tablet holder goes well with the rear seat?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 02:18 AM   #2
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2019 View Post
Hi, do you guys know which iPad and tablet holder goes well with the rear seat?
Honestly, I just used the BMW Travel and Comfort universal tablet holder BMW sells in their stores and it holds the 11 inch iPad without requiring any extra iPad case. If I recall, it was around $150. But there are cheaper options of eBay. I just picked mine from the dealer since I could use points from my BMW Credit Card.

It is easy to clip in the holder and then remove when not needed. Since the iPad pairs so well with Bluetooth headphones and the wifi in the car, it is better than any inbuilt entertainment system. IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Honestly, I just used the BMW Travel and Comfort universal tablet holder BMW sells in their stores and it holds the 11 inch iPad without requiring any extra iPad case. If I recall, it was around $150. But there are cheaper options of eBay. I just picked mine from the dealer since I could use points from my BMW Credit Card.

It is easy to clip in the holder and then remove when not needed. Since the iPad pairs so well with Bluetooth headphones and the wifi in the car, it is better than any inbuilt entertainment system. IMHO.
Thank you. Do you know if Amazon (or BMW) sells them?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #4
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This is what I have

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/6...-TABLET-HOLDER
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 01:13 PM   #5
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is what I have

I noticed this is listed for the 10.5" iPad Pro. Are you confirming it fits your 11" iPad Pro perfectly?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 01:54 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
I noticed this is listed for the 10.5" iPad Pro. Are you confirming it fits your 11" iPad Pro perfectly?
The part database lists each part nbr for #6/#7/#8/#9 and #10 in the diagram below along with a description of what tablet fits it.

If you click the following link...you can scroll down the part nbrs below the diagram to find the exact 11 digit BMW part nbr you need for an 11" iPad. Once you have the correct 11 digit BMW part nbr...you can then simply type "BMW xx xx x xxx xxx" (where x = the actual part nbrs) into a google search box to find vendors that sell that product.

An 11 inch iPad may require #9 & #10 if you have the base system (#1).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-04-2022 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
njnets21245.00
      01-04-2022, 01:59 PM   #7
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
The part database lists each part nbr for #6/#7/#8/#9/#10 in the diagram below along with a description of what tablet fits it.

If you click the following link...you can scroll down the part nbrs below the diagram to find the exact 11 digit BMW part nbr you need for an 11" iPad. All 11" iPad models will probably use the same part nbr....meaning an iPad Pro or or other iPad model that is 11 inches...will fit any of them designed for an 11" iPad tablet:

I'm aware of this diagram but you'll notice if you look at the models, they have not updated it with newer models in a few years. They don't actually account for the 11" models at all because they were made after these accessories which is why I'm asking someone who mentioned they use an 11" iPad with a 10.5" case. If you know iPads, you know the only 11" modes are the Pro that came out a generation after the 10.5" model. They removed the bezels in that generation making the 11" pro essentially the same size as the 10.5" model but not exactly. Again, that's why I was asking if this person's 11" was in fact fitting the 10.5" because none of these diagrams have been updated since 2018.

Update: I see now they actually did update this with the newer models. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 02:11 PM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:

Update: I see now they actually did update this with the newer models. Thanks.
Take note of my edit (in bold red text) in my reply above. It looks like you need to use the universal holder (#9) along with the new safety case (#10) if you have an 11" iPad Pro.

Good luck.
  • 51-95-2-473-274 Description: Travel & Comfort System - Tablet Safety Case - Apple iPad Pro 11". Requires Travel & Comfort System Base (pn 51-95-2-183-852) and universal holder (pn 51-95-2-408-224) sold separately.
  • 51-95-2-408-224 Description: Universal Holder for Tablet Safety Case. For use with the Travel & Comfort System base and safety cases - sold separately.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-04-2022 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      01-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #9
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you all. I"m looking for the adapter that goes back of your front seat (see photo), to hold tablets.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 05:47 PM   #10
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is what I have

Yes. It fits the Pro with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 05:49 PM   #11
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is what I have

Yes. It fits the Pro with no issues.
Interesting. BMW has the 10.5" Pro and the 11" Pro fitting two different part numbers.

Update: Nevermind. Your link had two part numbers. You must have the 11" part number then.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:54 PM   #12
3Wagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325iT

FWIW, I have the tablet holder and use it w/ an Ipad 6 mini. I use it with this case: https://amzn.to/3EVMLbb I have it hooked up with a magnetic c to c cable so it’s easy to slip in and out. It’s fairly secure; the case has the pencil slot with gives it enough height in landscape to be held by tablet holder.

IMO I don’t think you *need* to use the BMW cases, but if you have a compatible ipad, go for it. if you don’t - like me - you may have to buy a few cases to find one that works. Not all ipad mini 6 cases work; i had to try a few.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 12:34 AM   #13
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Thank you all. I"m looking for the adapter that goes back of your front seat (see photo), to hold tablets.
As you have the integrated base unit//holder, you don't need item 1 - all the items in the diagram will fit directly into the slot in the seat back itself.

I have the same as you but opted to buy 2 x item 1 as that allows me to choose the mounting height of whatever optional attachment I use (primarily the hooks and the laptop table).
Appreciate 0