BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-04-2019, 02:11 PM   #45
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark609 View Post
I have a Miele 'Twist' upright vacuum cleaner (yeah, German on that one too) and the hose suction will suck the chrome off a door knob. A good slap on the old bottom here and there, a good vacuum cleaner and you're good to go. A local wash/detail shop has vacuums that have incredible suction too.

I don't foresee a problem with my ventilated seats.

It's my understanding that all or perhaps most manufacturers design ventilated seats with small fans behind them that pull cabin air thru the perforations, sucking body heat off, not inject A/C air into them. At least my Lexus works that way.
Agree on the Vacuum comment. My 2017 Ford F150 has A/C through the seats. Very cool on a hot day.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #46
drilling
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda CRV & BMW X5

I had a chance to try comfort seat w/ and w/o ventilated seat. Comfort wise very similar and didnt feel like having ventilation system makes the seat harder. However when I turned on ventilation at highest level I barely felt any air +
I saw stuff already getting stuck in seat perforation. Long story short took it outta my build
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #47
WAHF80M3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarrett635 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drilling View Post
Isnt leather on comfort seat perforated either with or without ventilation. I chose cognac but im a single guy haha
No. Only the ventilated seats are perforated. That's exactly why I didn't opt for them -- I didn't want to deal with the accumulation of dirt, particularly since mine are Ivory White.
Uh oh, I got ventilated ivory white 😵😵😵
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 07:23 PM   #48
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
I had a chance to try comfort seat w/ and w/o ventilated seat. Comfort wise very similar and didnt feel like having ventilation system makes the seat harder. However when I turned on ventilation at highest level I barely felt any air +
I saw stuff already getting stuck in seat perforation. Long story short took it outta my build
The massage is mighty nice
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 09:32 PM   #49
drilling
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHF80M3 View Post
Lol. Perfect place to collect all that ass dirt rofl. In real life it looks good and seems like detailers can do a good clean of the area. My disappointment was i barely felt anything at strongest fan level. Wth bmw?
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #50
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Uh oh, I got ventilated ivory white
Lol. Perfect place to collect all that ass dirt rofl. In real life it looks good and seems like detailers can do a good clean of the area. My disappointment was i barely felt anything at strongest fan level. Wth bmw?
You don't need a detailer to clean your car, it's very easy to keep these ventilated seats looking good.

They are not AC seats, only ventilated and it really depends on what clothes you're wearing. Wearing a dress shirt + pants I feel it but nowhere near as much as when I'm only wearing a polo to work because my undershirt adds another layer. It was 80-85°F today and I used the ventilated seats with dress clothes as mentioned. It helped even if it didn't feel like a super strong breeze I'm glad I have the option
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
X54TH899.00
      02-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #51
WAHF80M3
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure the vacuum cleaner is going to get a hell of a work out lol..

Summers seem to be getting warmer here with quite a few days this summer over the 40-41c mark 😵 Hoping it will help in those situations!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #52
Mark609
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 Xline

Quote:

Summers seem to be getting warmer here with quite a few days this summer over the 40-41c mark 😵 Hoping it will help in those situations!
2018 was the hottest year on record and you guys are having one helluva hot summer now.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #53
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

My passenger seat sounds like the blade is hitting something (high pitched noise that driver's seat doesn't make). Anyone else had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 05:21 AM   #54
WAHF80M3
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

2018 was the hottest year on record and you guys are having one helluva hot summer now.
Yeah and now apparently we are going to get one of the coldest winters on record with Sydney reaching -2c and Canberra -15c 😱
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #55
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Summers seem to be getting warmer here with quite a few days this summer over the 40-41c mark Hoping it will help in those situations!
Yeah and now apparently we are going to get one of the coldest winters on record with Sydney reaching -2c and Canberra -15c
That's not bad, hell it gets that cold here in Texas on occasion
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #56
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have ventilated seats in my 2016 550i with ivory interior. They circulate a little bit of air but you can barely feel it. I definitely don't like the perforations in the seats, and the perforated seats don't wear well with the ivory interior. I have found the perforated areas to be much harder to clean, and the cleaner gets stuck in the perforations and the smell lingers for weeks (most higher end leather cleaners don't smell good!) It is impossible to get the residue and moisture from the cleaner out of the perforations other than letting it air dry, which takes a VERY long time. I would not get perforated leather again if I had the choice, but it seems you have to forego the massage function too.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #57
drilling
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I have ventilated seats in my 2016 550i with ivory interior. They circulate a little bit of air but you can barely feel it. I definitely don't like the perforations in the seats, and the perforated seats don't wear well with the ivory interior. I have found the perforated areas to be much harder to clean, and the cleaner gets stuck in the perforations and the smell lingers for weeks (most higher end leather cleaners don't smell good!) It is impossible to get the residue and moisture from the cleaner out of the perforations other than letting it air dry, which takes a VERY long time. I would not get perforated leather again if I had the choice, but it seems you have to forego the massage function too.

That's weird. BMW Canada lets you get comfort seat just with massage function. Honesetly, I could care less about massage function and ventilation was a huge disappointment (barely feel anything at max level). Ditched both options.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 06:00 AM   #58
GOM50D
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50D

I have enjoyed the additional comfort of the ventilated seats in my F15 M50D for the past 4 years, especially during summer where temps get well above 40 degrees C.

The car is Sapphire black with black merino leather it can get a bit warm inside.

The ventilated seats in this car are still working efficiently and appear as new with a bit of regular cleaning.

This was one of the first option ticked for my new Carbon black with black merino M50D which arrives next week. It would be a deal breaker not to have this option available.
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13537.00
      03-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #59
WAHF80M3
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Summers seem to be getting warmer here with quite a few days this summer over the 40-41c mark Hoping it will help in those situations!
Yeah and now apparently we are going to get one of the coldest winters on record with Sydney reaching -2c and Canberra -15c
Honestly I didn't know that! Thought it was always pretty warm there. Cold and me don't really get along that well haha, then again neither do absolute heat and I 🤪😂
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 09:14 AM   #60
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly I didn't know that! Thought it was always pretty warm there. Cold and me don't really get along that well haha, then again neither do absolute heat and I
we get both extremes from below 10F (fairly rare) to 110F depending on what time of year.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #61
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

I just ordered a X5 last week and I originally selected the luxury seating package. This weekend, I went and tested both non Lux and Lux seating package and I have to say the seats are noticeably softer in the non.

Also, the ventilated seats were super loud and I can barely feel it. Also tried the massage function and was not impressed. Instead, I notified my build and included the leather dash
      03-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #62
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I just ordered a X5 last week and I originally selected the luxury seating package. This weekend, I went and tested both non Lux and Lux seating package and I have to say the seats are noticeably softer in the non.

Also, the ventilated seats were super loud and I can barely feel it. Also tried the massage function and was not impressed. Instead, I notified my build and included the leather dash
Man, I'd read and consider more before I did that. These seats w massage and ventilate are so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking them up.
Appreciate 2
MystroX56289.50
Wild Blue3683.50
      03-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #63
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

I hope the ventilated seats in the G05 are better than the ones in the F15. Those were ok for short trips but killers for long ones, I thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 11:30 AM   #64
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

But the leather I had in the F15 was the basic, so that could be part of it...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #65
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
Quote:

Man, I'd read and consider more before I did that. These seats w massage and ventilate are so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking them up.
I guess that is why Bmw have a choice of getting it or not lol. I actually read about it a lot and sat in a few before making the decision.

Regardless I'm happy with my build. In fact, already changed it twice! Too bad my build week is 14...got some more waiting
      03-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #66
Charles549
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50i

Quote:

This is another reference to loud ventilated seats, mine are silent. They are effective on max setting but just barely.
Appreciate 0