BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
RJJJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X6 M50i

Hi guys, I went to the dealership today to fix the AC not cooling my X6 M50i. It's a brand new car and I just picked it up for less than two month. Initially I waited at the dealership, after 2-3 hours they told me it's complex and might not be fixed today. And they run out of loaner so they will have me rent an enterprise car. But when l brought the paperwork to enterprise, enterprise say BMW only covers $45/day??? I ended up getting a Nissan Sentra. Isn't BMW should give you at least a bmw or similar while the car is in repair? I was driving a 100k car, didn't expect to get a under 20k car while the car has defects under warranty. Kind of disappointed.

Edit: can't even get an infinity at enterprise since the coverage is not enough
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJJ View Post
Hi guys, I went to the dealership today to fix the AC not cooling my X6 M50i. It's a brand new car and I just picked it up for less than two month. Initially I waited at the dealership, after 2-3 hours they told me it's complex and might not be fixed today. And they run out of loaner so they will have me rent an enterprise car. But when l brought the paperwork to enterprise, enterprise say BMW only covers $45/day??? I ended up getting a Nissan Sentra. Isn't BMW should give you at least a bmw or similar while the car is in repair? I was driving a 100k car, didn't expect to get a under 20k car while the car has defects under warranty. Kind of disappointed.

Edit: can't even get an infinity at enterprise since the coverage is not enough
Your dealer sucks!!! I'd go back to your dealer with your Sentra, get the sales mgr and bring him/her out to your Sentra and ask if he/she see's anything wrong.

By the way, instead of creating a new post, you should just tag onto your former one on this same topic.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Yeah your dealer is terrible! Go somewhere else if possible.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
RJJJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Yeah your dealer is terrible! Go somewhere else if possible.
This is determined by dealer? Not bmw warranty?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #5
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJJ View Post
This is determined by dealer? Not bmw warranty?
Correct! Your warranty has nothing to do with loaner cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #6
plutnicki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M8C Coupe & 2019 X3 M40i

I think that's the message, that dealers have a wide degree of latitude in the whole "loaner" system. Some do great at it, and some do poorly.

That said, I've always considered the loaner thing to be a benefit and have never complained about my "free" car. I've gotten almost everything at least once (X1, X2, X4, X5, 3s, 5s and 7s) over the years and a couple of Enterprise rentals (LeSabre, Mustang, GMC thing) too.. I'm told they try to pair like for like if available, and I've been told to come back and get something nicer when a repair went over a weekend.

Sounds like you shouldn't complain too much though, based on the other thread, sounds like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick is the benefit some dealers provide, nevermind a $45/rental.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #7
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutnicki View Post
I think that's the message, that dealers have a wide degree of latitude in the whole "loaner" system. Some do great at it, and some do poorly.

That said, I've always considered the loaner thing to be a benefit and have never complained about my "free" car. I've gotten almost everything at least once (X1, X2, X4, X5, 3s, 5s and 7s) over the years and a couple of Enterprise rentals (LeSabre, Mustang, GMC thing) too.. I'm told they try to pair like for like if available, and I've been told to come back and get something nicer when a repair went over a weekend.

Sounds like you shouldn't complain too much though, based on the other thread, sounds like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick is the benefit some dealers provide, nevermind a $45/rental.
I'm with you on this, I don't complain about what vehicle I have but not having a car due to warranty work is a benefit I look for when buying a Luxury brand vehicle. My father has black label from Lincoln and they come get the car and drop off another for oil changes.... LOL now that is awesome.

OP another option they might offer you is a free ride home and back, might be nice if you don't have to have a car for the time. Lyft or Uber they most use.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #8
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
I'm with you on this, I don't complain about what vehicle I have but not having a car due to warranty work is a benefit I look for when buying a Luxury brand vehicle. My father has black label from Lincoln and they come get the car and drop off another for oil changes.... LOL now that is awesome.

OP another option they might offer you is a free ride home and back, might be nice if you don't have to have a car for the time. Lyft or Uber they most use.
I think something similar is covered in Belgium with the BMW Pure Emotions Exclusive Loyalty program It's only for owners of a BMW 7, 8, X5 (G05), X6 (G06), i8 and BMW M and you get it automatically when you buy such a car.
It's country specific from BMW Belux.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #9
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I've already talked about my lousy local BMW dealer - nuff said about them. When I take my X3 to Sun Motors in Harrisburg, they try to give me an equivalent X3 or one up it as a loaner...I don't even have to ask for a loaner if they know my car will be tied up a while...and get this, they know I live three hours away and have offered to let me take the loaner home and/or send someone to pickup and deliver my car. Huh??? Yup, that takes two people to do that and they have offered it to me in the past. My last loaner from them was an F15 X5. Ok, so maybe its a marketing ploy but the fact is they do it as a matter of routine.

When I get oil changes, brake fluid flushes, etc in Florida, the dealer there also gives me loaners and they too try to match or better what I am currently driving.

While a loaner is not guaranteed by any means, I believe its one of the perks we get by buying a premium brand so when one BMW dealer doesn't do it, its a let down and leaves a negative taste in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 06:49 PM   #10
Usher9387
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:

I've already talked about my lousy local BMW dealer - nuff said about them. When I take my X3 to Sun Motors in Harrisburg, they try to give me an equivalent X3 or one up it as a loaner...I don't even have to ask for a loaner if they know my car will be tied up a while...and get this, they know I live three hours away and have offered to let me take the loaner home and/or send someone to pickup and deliver my car. Huh??? Yup, that takes two people to do that and they have offered it to me in the past. My last loaner from them was an F15 X5. Ok, so maybe its a marketing ploy but the fact is they do it as a matter of routine.

When I get oil changes, brake fluid flushes, etc in Florida, the dealer there also gives me loaners and they too try to match or better what I am currently driving.

While a loaner is not guaranteed by any means, I believe its one of the perks we get by buying a premium brand so when one BMW dealer doesn't do it, its a let down and leaves a negative taste in my mouth.
Quote:
Quote:

I always get X1 or x3 as a loaner if my dealer ran out of loaner they rent 3 series from enterprise.

I believe it's all depends on the dealer , looks like your dealer sucks.

I even get porter facility from my dealer so I don't need to go pickup my vehicle they bring it to me and pick up the loaner
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #11
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
My brother and I were just talking about them since I saw this morning that they were named one of the top 35 dealers in the country. That is where he bought his X5 from. We are trying to convince our Dad to get a 7 series but he loves his Town Car and all the space to has, especially the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #12
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
My brother and I were just talking about them since I saw this morning that they were named one of the top 35 dealers in the country. That is where he bought his X5 from. We are trying to convince our Dad to get a 7 series but he loves his Town Car and all the space to has, especially the trunk.
Is your brother in the Harrisburg area? Where did you see that Sun was in the top 35 dealers in the country? I have another nice story about them but will save that for another thread :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 08:09 PM   #13
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Is your brother in the Harrisburg area? Where did you see that Sun was in the top 35 dealers in the country? I have another nice story about them but will save that for another thread :-)
Yes, my brother and my mom and Dad both live a few miles away from Sun Motors. There was an article on Bimmer Life about the Centers of Excellence awards.

https://bimmerlife.com/2020/03/07/bm...tm_name=member
Appreciate 1