09-18-2020, 12:20 AM   #46
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
That thing is gorgeous. Congratulations!
      09-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #47
MiamiFan13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i4-e40 335i 03 Cobra,Jeep SRT8

That is a beautiful truck. I would lower it just a little bit, but otherwise its perfect. I love the way you optioned it and the color choice is classy. You can't go wrong with the black interior either. Enjoy it!

If I were to buy a new BMW in this day and age, it would be one of the X-M's. These are trucks that have been engineered to perform more like cars and are huge improvements over standard 4x4's in performance and style. The same can't be said about the cars as they've become more and more numb to the driving senses, other than straight line acceleration. In my opinion, many of BMW's older cars from the 90's and early 2000's are actually more enjoyable to drive than the current cars. Steering, braking, usable power and sound of the older cars feel so much more natural and rewarding compared to the BMW models from the last 10yrs. However, from the standpoint of 4x4/AWD vehicles, these current X-trucks bring amazing performance that was never available, nor expected, from SUV's of the past. Just my 2-cents...sorry for rant.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00
      09-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #48
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Fantastic car. Congratulations!

Many happy miles ...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 04:48 PM   #49
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornb View Post
Last friday i picked up my X6M Competition in Individual Tanzanite blue ii, i was considering the cognac interior but went for the Black merino leather! very happy with my choice of combination!
i absolutely love these weels!! And i didn't opt the driver pro pack since 1) i don't use it and 2) i think the grill looks better without the big sensor.

I did go for the M performance steering wheel! Which feels lovely in your hands with the alcantara sides!

I have driven it the whole weekend! and it drives amazing! Can't wait untill i can use its full power
That looks nice, I'm thinking of buying the exact same one.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #50
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
That is a beautiful truck. I would lower it just a little bit, but otherwise its perfect. I love the way you optioned it and the color choice is classy. You can't go wrong with the black interior either. Enjoy it!

If I were to buy a new BMW in this day and age, it would be one of the X-M's. These are trucks that have been engineered to perform more like cars and are huge improvements over standard 4x4's in performance and style. The same can't be said about the cars as they've become more and more numb to the driving senses, other than straight line acceleration. In my opinion, many of BMW's older cars from the 90's and early 2000's are actually more enjoyable to drive than the current cars. Steering, braking, usable power and sound of the older cars feel so much more natural and rewarding compared to the BMW models from the last 10yrs. However, from the standpoint of 4x4/AWD vehicles, these current X-trucks bring amazing performance that was never available, nor expected, from SUV's of the past. Just my 2-cents...sorry for rant.
Agree. BMW M SUVs are the best.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #51
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

Quote:
Last friday i picked up my X6M Competition in Individual Tanzanite blue ii, i was considering the cognac interior but went for the Black merino leather!
Have you driven the F86 X6M? If so, how would you compare the feel and driveability to your new F96?

I had the F86 for a day in Bavaria during March of last year and loved driving it.
      09-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #52
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Quote:
Last friday i picked up my X6M Competition in Individual Tanzanite blue ii, i was considering the cognac interior but went for the Black merino leather! very happy with my choice of combination!
i absolutely love these weels!! And i didn't opt the driver pro pack since 1) i don't use it and 2) i think the grill looks better without the big sensor.

I did go for the M performance steering wheel! Which feels lovely in your hands with the alcantara sides!

I have driven it the whole weekend! and it drives amazing! Can't wait untill i can use its full power
Beautiful ! Congrats and enjoy!
      09-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #53
bjornb
Private
Rep
Drives: Anything i like :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post

Yes!!! These suvs are so much fun!! I also have a few other M’s but i did not expect a big M suv to be this good i really love it, comford speed and looks all in one
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 04:39 PM   #54
bjornb
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato2084 View Post
Have you driven the F86 X6M? If so, how would you compare the feel and driveability to your new F96?

I had the F86 for a day in Bavaria during March of last year and loved driving it.
Yes i have! Thats when i decided i wanted an M suv! I think the F96 is much better, interior wise, exterior looks! And the driving is just perfectionised, you can really setup everything... brakes, engine,.... all these things make the driving experience much more fun and i don’t feel like its a big car! Its just perfect imo
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2020, 08:11 PM   #55
itzryyster
United_States
Rep
Drives: i4/LCI G30/Tacoma

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [7.00]
2021 BMW 530e  [0.00]
2021 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
Yup, dont know who BMW is hiring on their design team, but they need to be FIRED.
I know right??? Man, I'm sorry but if this X6 didn't have a BMW badge on it I'm sure everyone will be clowning on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 06:47 AM   #56
Actualizer
Actualizer
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 488 Spyder, X6M on or

Quote:

Did you order M Performance Steering wheel from factory with your build ? I just ordered my X6 in same color combo but can’t find option or part number to add the Performance steering at factory ?
Beautiful car !
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 09:58 PM   #57
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:

I had a 2017 F86 X6M in carbon black, and I replaced it with 2021 F96 X6M in Tanzaninte Blue. Driveability wise, the F96 is just on a whole different level. The engine has so much more torque, its AMG like, and the transmission has been improved a million times. There were times when F86 legitimately felt slow, it took forever to downshift, and it was very slow to react to the throttle input. The new F96 always has instant torque, immediate throttle response, tightened suspension and steering, and much much much better transmission. I know they both have a ZF 8 speed, but the new one is so much better tuned and shifts so much faster.

However, I absolutely loathe the digital cluster in the F86. The old analog gauges were better looking and more readable. But thats kind of moot, because with HUD the instrument cluster becomes pretty irrelevant. I also find the latest i-drive to be very bloated and not intuitive. Also, controls in general are more confusing and not as intuitive as the previous generation. And a few little cut backs on the interior - no more overhead sunglasses storage compartment, no more sync button for the AC, no more key compartment on the center console, no more physical buttons on the center console for engine/suspension/steering settings, and no more spare tire. Trunk area also seems to be cheaper made, no more little side storage compartment in the trunk. These are all little things, my main gripe is with the bloated i-drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 08:27 AM   #58
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
I had a 2017 F86 X6M in carbon black, and I replaced it with 2021 F96 X6M in Tanzaninte Blue. Driveability wise, the F96 is just on a whole different level.
Thanks for the first-hand info. What I liked most about driving the F86 was how planted it felt and how it rolls more rugged than smooth. That's my personal preference ride-wise. How would you compare that aspect of the drive?

Also, I really liked how throaty the F86 was stock. The exhaust volume was literally perfect for my taste. Not too loud but still very audible. Would you say the new one is similar in the sound department?
      10-17-2020, 09:05 PM   #59
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the first-hand info. What I liked most about driving the F86 was how planted it felt and how it rolls more rugged than smooth. That's my personal preference ride-wise. How would you compare that aspect of the drive?

Also, I really liked how throaty the F86 was stock. The exhaust volume was literally perfect for my taste. Not too loud but still very audible. Would you say the new one is similar in the sound department?
The F96 ride is considerably stiffer, probably in part due to 21" wheels vs 20" wheels on my old F86.

The exhaust volume is probably roughly the same on both, but on the F96 it sounds so much better - more throaty with AMG like grunt. The F86 sounded raspy in comparison.

And again, I can't even empathize how much better the transmission is. I also own a 2012 X5 5.0 and 2018 M2, and in F86 the transmission was almost as slow as the X5. In the F96 it is comparable to the DSG in the M2.
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3481.50
      10-20-2020, 11:43 AM   #60
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
And again, I can't even empathize how much better the transmission is. I also own a 2012 X5 5.0 and 2018 M2, and in F86 the transmission was almost as slow as the X5. In the F96 it is comparable to the DSG in the M2.
Have you driven the non-M G06 X6? I'm curious as to how close to (or far from) the G06 and F96 are ride-wise. Obviously the S63 engine in the F96 has more power and noise but how about handling, transmission response, and chassis feel?
      10-20-2020, 07:08 PM   #61
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Have you driven the non-M G06 X6? I'm curious as to how close to (or far from) the G06 and F96 are ride-wise. Obviously the S63 engine in the F96 has more power and noise but how about handling, transmission response, and chassis feel?
I had a g05 x5 loaner, 4.0, and I was not impressed at all. But m50 might be a different story.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 12:35 PM   #62
bjornb
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actualizer View Post
Did you order M Performance Steering wheel from factory with your build ? I just ordered my X6 in same color combo but can’t find option or part number to add the Performance steering at factory ?
Beautiful car !
I ordered it via my salesmen! So they installed it when the car arrived. I have the normal steering wheel at home
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 03:54 PM   #63
buddenfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:

Look gorgeous! I am trying to get one as well but cant decide on the Tanzanite Blue 2 or the Marina Bay Blue.

How did you get that steering wheel? I didnt even see it as an option when I was building out the car?
Appreciate 0