BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-01-2022, 11:15 PM   #1
Tall Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Week 33 Production Status

This is the magic week for those of us with production starting week 33 to see some action. I know I’ve seen at least one who has got his final production date. Let keep track of the process even through delivery.

For me, 45e but still at 112.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2022, 11:23 PM   #2
dankage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

I am now week 33. Moved to 150 today with an 8/18 production date.

7/16 - Placed order and provided production number
7/23 - Scheduled for Production
08/01 - Production Begins

I ordered a 40i and saw some other threads where Luxury Seating Package no longer available on configurator. Confirming my build still has it, and no deletes other than the idrive touch controller.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 12:38 AM   #3
stovesax08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i, X5 45e

I'm a week 33 also; still in scheduled for production status. First BMW in 15 years; really excited and appreciative of all the great info on these forums.
      08-02-2022, 06:45 AM   #4
ibuprofen600
Rep
Drives: waiting for X5 45e

placed the order end of June, was told to expect delivery Q1/2023. Asked the dealer today and was told the car will be made next week
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 08:55 AM   #5
Tall Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuprofen600 View Post
placed the order end of June, was told to expect delivery Q1/2023. Asked the dealer today and was told the car will be made next week
I don’t think I’d be happy with my dealer/salesman if that happened to me. I would seriously question their knowledge or intent.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 09:48 AM   #6
Di3s3l_Power
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Week 33 here, 112 status

Perhaps tow package or luxury seating pkg are slightly delayed?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 10:00 AM   #7
2len
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Status 150 here as of yesterday.
45e full options except for hitch and HK audio.
No deletion as per dealer. Merino with luxury seating is a go.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 10:09 AM   #8
ibuprofen600
Rep
Drives: waiting for X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Paul View Post
I don’t think I’d be happy with my dealer/salesman if that happened to me. I would seriously question their knowledge or intent.
every dealership in my area was telling me the same, and in Germany it's a big deal because it's not clear if some tax advantages for hybrids in 2022 will be extended to 2023 or not. From my side I'm happy because this way I have the tax advantage, and it's a company car so I'll just return the current car earlier. But yes, under different circumstances I would not be happy.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 10:33 AM   #9
Spiderm0n
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i M Sport

I'm week 33.
Order placed: 7/27
Moved to 150: 7/28
I'm doing PCD, but scheduling is on hold until BMW receives EPA and CARB Certifications for the '23 X5
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 12:17 PM   #10
dankage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderm0n View Post
I'm week 33.
Order placed: 7/27
Moved to 150: 7/28
I'm doing PCD, but scheduling is on hold until BMW receives EPA and CARB Certifications for the '23 X5
Could you elaborate on the certifications? I assume this is for all X5s now that they've moved to 2023? Does this mean it's impacting deliveries overall? I don't think I've seen the week 31/32 threads complain about this yet and I think those were 2023 builds already as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 01:06 PM   #11
Spiderm0n
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankage View Post
Could you elaborate on the certifications? I assume this is for all X5s now that they've moved to 2023? Does this mean it's impacting deliveries overall? I don't think I've seen the week 31/32 threads complain about this yet and I think those were 2023 builds already as well.
I'm curious too. This was the email my CA received late last week:

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for SPIDERM0N. Since this vehicle is a new model year vehicle, we cannot provide a tentative delivery date at this time.

Every year EPA and CARB Certifications, which are issued by the government, must be obtained for every new model year vehicle. BMW NA must receive those certifications before a vehicle can be delivered to a customer. An Engineering Data hold as well as a Release hold will be placed on this vehicle once it reaches production status 155 (see example shown below). Neither of these holds will be removed until BMW NA receives the necessary certifications from the appropriate government agencies. Also, as you may be aware, certain BMW models are on Stop Sale and those vehicles cannot be delivered to a customer until all repairs are completed and the campaign/stop sale has been removed. In addition to the new model year holds and stop sales being added to vehicles we have also seen extended delays in the shipment of vehicles arriving from Europe, South Africa and Mexico.

Please inform your customer that we will send you another e-mail, with information regarding a tentative delivery date once all of the following conditions have been met:

Both the Engineering Data and Release holds have been removed (see example shown below)
If applicable, all Stop Sales have been removed
For all imported vehicles - the vehicle has completed all the processes at the VPC and has been assigned a work order completed date (see example shown below)

Please keep in mind that vehicles will remain at the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) until all certifications have been received and all holds have been removed. This vehicle cannot be shipped to your BMW Retail Center or to the BMW Performance Center at this time.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and support,
Performance Center Delivery Team
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 01:41 PM   #12
Tall Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2len View Post
Status 150 here as of yesterday.
Is there a certain time of day that they change status, or does it happen all through out the day.

Asking for a friend who is checking his computer WAY to many times each day

Last edited by Tall Paul; 08-02-2022 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 01:49 PM   #13
Tall Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for SPIDERM0N. Since this vehicle is a new model year vehicle, we cannot provide a tentative delivery date at this Performance Center at this time. [/I]
This seems like a big deal for those of us getting near shipment. Not sure why we aren’t hearing more about this.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 01:50 PM   #14
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Is there a certain time of day that they change status, or does it happen all through out the day.

Asking for a friend who is checking his computer WAY to many times each day
Tell your friend it can change at any time and may appear to skip steps.
      08-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #15
SOAIAAA81
Rep

Don’t quote me on this but I think I’ve seen some people have their cars delivered in this forum. Maybe I’m wrong and maybe this applies to MY2022.

Do you mind sharing your build as this hold could apply to a certain build/engine?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:27 PM   #16
timmyjd
Arctic Monkey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90(retired), '14 F06, '23 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAIAAA81 View Post
Don’t quote me on this but I think I’ve seen some people have their cars delivered in this forum. Maybe I’m wrong and maybe this applies to MY2022.

Do you mind sharing your build as this hold could apply to a certain build/engine?
You are correct. No certification issue. My MY23 45e just got delivered to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 08:25 PM   #17
SOAIAAA81
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjd View Post
You are correct. No certification issue. My MY23 45e just got delivered to the dealer.
Thank you for confirming that 2023s are good to go!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 09:19 PM   #18
carsar12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
This is the magic week for those of us with production starting week 33 to see some action. I know I’ve seen at least one who has got his final production date. Let keep track of the process even through delivery.

For me, 45e but still at 112.
Same here brother☹️I entered a couple production numbers around mine (all X5 45e's)and they're already at 150 with a date of 8/17… me still at 112..oy vey
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 06:25 AM   #19
sbmp21
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for SPIDERM0N. Since this vehicle is a new model year vehicle, we cannot provide a tentative delivery date at this time.

Every year EPA and CARB Certifications, which are issued by the government, must be obtained for every new model year vehicle. BMW NA must receive those certifications before a vehicle can be delivered to a customer. An Engineering Data hold as well as a Release hold will be placed on this vehicle once it reaches production status 155 (see example shown below). Neither of these holds will be removed until BMW NA receives the necessary certifications from the appropriate government agencies. Also, as you may be aware, certain BMW models are on Stop Sale and those vehicles cannot be delivered to a customer until all repairs are completed and the campaign/stop sale has been removed. In addition to the new model year holds and stop sales being added to vehicles we have also seen extended delays in the shipment of vehicles arriving from Europe, South Africa and Mexico.

Please inform your customer that we will send you another e-mail, with information regarding a tentative delivery date once all of the following conditions have been met:

Both the Engineering Data and Release holds have been removed (see example shown below)
For all imported vehicles - the vehicle has completed all the processes at the VPC and has been assigned a work order completed date (see example shown below)

Please keep in mind that vehicles will remain at the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) until all certifications have been received and all holds have been removed. This vehicle cannot be shipped to your BMW Retail Center or to the BMW Performance Center at this time.

Quote:
Quote:

I just had my PCD scheduled for the end of this month
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 07:42 AM   #20
Spiderm0n
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmp21 View Post
I just had my PCD scheduled for the end of this month
Awesome. Which day?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 11:29 AM   #21
stovesax08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i, X5 45e

Status just changed to production begins for me - prod date 8/19. Tried to add the VIN to mybmw but got a "try again later" error; is that normal at this stage?
      08-03-2022, 01:10 PM   #22
Di3s3l_Power
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

today status changed to 150 with 8/19 prod date
Appreciate 0